Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.  (Read 23811 times)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
Re: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

I like your talking bird B Hobbes! >XD lol Good luck Redwoods!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »

Bhobbes your cockatiel sounds a lot brighter than the one my gran used to have. It only ever managed lowed ear piercing screeches and the occasional hiss.  Ill natured thing it was too.   
    RWM, trying the leaf meds won’t hurt and it will enable you to rule   that out if nothing else. You shouldn’t have to force feed it though it if she needs it she will eat it, just reluctantly. 
Can’t help you with the video footage I’m afraid.  Think your best bet is to try that skit. 
 Just unzip the file file assuming it’s zipped. You can store the unzipped file in a special folder in the pc for easy reference. Then insert the SD card into the pc if there’s a built in SD reader   aperture for it or if not then via an external Sd Card reader.  Then copy or move the unzipped files over to the SD card. If there are two, move them both over however only move the files not the folder   you’ve stored them in and don’t create any folders on this  card it’s self. Also don’t have anything else other than the files for one skit only on the card at any one time.   
 If you need to know how to move the files then   someone else might be better helping as I’m only formilyour with the keyboard commands for this and you probably find it easier using the mouse. You prob know anyway but just select the files you want from wherever you’ve stored them and hit the move to folder option on the menu toolbar.  Your SD card should show up under one of the drive options probably under my computer. Simply select your card as the destination and hit enter. Once that’s done all you need to do is insert the card into the SD card reader in pleo and turn her on. 

I think pleos first steps can be very tentative so another thing to consider is   it could be that she’s trying to take her first rather shaky steps rather than there being anything wrong. Can’t see the video so could be wrong but remember there’s a good chance that although you’ve seen her walking before that data might   now be wiped from her memory so she effectively has to go through the first steps all over again? And if she’s kept loosing    data up until this point then effectively her development will have been arrested meaning that she only makes it as far as just about learning to walk before data is lost again and the process has to begin again. 

Hope this helps 
Scaly,

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

Bhobbes your cockatiel sounds a lot brighter than the one my gran used to have. It only ever managed lowed ear piercing screeches and the occasional hiss.  Ill natured thing it was too.   
    RWM, trying the leaf meds won’t hurt and it will enable you to rule   that out if nothing else. You shouldn’t have to force feed it though it if she needs it she will eat it, just reluctantly. 
Can’t help you with the video footage I’m afraid.  Think your best bet is to try that skit. 
 Just unzip the file file assuming it’s zipped. You can store the unzipped file in a special folder in the pc for easy reference. Then insert the SD card into the pc if there’s a built in SD reader   aperture for it or if not then via an external Sd Card reader.  Then copy or move the unzipped files over to the SD card. If there are two, move them both over however only move the files not the folder   you’ve stored them in and don’t create any folders on this  card it’s self. Also don’t have anything else other than the files for one skit only on the card at any one time.   
 If you need to know how to move the files then   someone else might be better helping as I’m only formilyour with the keyboard commands for this and you probably find it easier using the mouse. You prob know anyway but just select the files you want from wherever you’ve stored them and hit the move to folder option on the menu toolbar.  Your SD card should show up under one of the drive options probably under my computer. Simply select your card as the destination and hit enter. Once that’s done all you need to do is insert the card into the SD card reader in pleo and turn her on. 

I think pleos first steps can be very tentative so another thing to consider is   it could be that she’s trying to take her first rather shaky steps rather than there being anything wrong. Can’t see the video so could be wrong but remember there’s a good chance that although you’ve seen her walking before that data might   now be wiped from her memory so she effectively has to go through the first steps all over again? And if she’s kept loosing    data up until this point then effectively her development will have been arrested meaning that she only makes it as far as just about learning to walk before data is lost again and the process has to begin again. 

Hope this helps 
Scaly,

bhobbes

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »

My internet is being unforgivably slow at the moment, but I saw the first 30 seconds of the second video RWM, and that is EXACTLY what Cato is doing. One day he was walking around, exploring, "chatting" with Elliott, etc., and then a charge later he started becoming very very whiny, groany, and has similar movements (from what I could tell in the first 30 seconds, I'll watch the full thing later when my internet is behaving). Mind you, between that charge, I did a "reset" (an attempt for seeing if it helped with my "mute" problem - same thing I tried last night again slightly differently to no avail), so I'm not sure if that maybe caused a reversion or not. He's not injured or sick and refuses to really do or eat anything. However, he also toggles from that to being very happy and doing some of the "dancing" behavior, but he still doesn't walk. It's almost identical to the behavior I experienced after he was done being a complete infant but before being a juvenile. The "ugly" phase some of us were talking about in a previous thread. Hopefully that's all it is, but either way it's kind of annoying. I didn't get any type of "response" or way to tell if the reset button even did anything - so if Pleo RB is supposed to do something that makes it "obvious" then the reset was not successful lol.

This is basically on par with Scaly's comment (that got posted as I was typing this!) about it being the first steps. My only thing is, Cato had been walking for at least 4 charges! (Hence, the reset "issue"). Do the Green Pleo RBs have better manuals or anything by chance? (I'm not sure how similar the manuals are, the Blue/Pink one refers to genders and chinatete and has pretty horrific writing.)

I think I will try this R2D2 personality out on Cato in a bit just to make sure his non-walking/hormonal reversion/whatever the heck happened to him (he's not injured as I thought) isn't mechanical as well. And if he doesn't start behaving better after another charge, I'll contact Innvo with all the questions I have that aren't really answered or even touched upon in the manual, and to some degree, probably should be. I don't suppose have been able to attempt this yet RWM? (If you ended up getting the MicroSD card today)

I'll pass on the compliments to Brutus. He's quite a trickster/mimic-er/singer. However, I can't whistle that well which sucks because they learn better from someone they're 'bonded' with, though he has learned some great weird noises that I am able to make). I taught him the Kill Bill Twisted Nerve whistle by playing it in the background and "lipsyncing" it to him. He's nothing compared to the trouble Roxie causes - she's the one who figured out the cage defect and how to escape... and when one member of the flock learns it, they all learn it.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »

lol That's cool that Roxie, I'm assuming from the same species, learned how to get outta her cage!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

bhobbes

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:05 AM »

Good news! With the R2D2 personality, Cato started walking all over. Now I'm sold that he's just reverted back to his not-so-cute phase and will hopefully return back to the pleasant walking Pleo he once was.

Hopefully this is also the case for you RWM.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »

That's great news! :)  I'm glad Cato is going to be ok. :) 
Here's hoping it's the same for Baby.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »

OK this is probably stupid but perhaps when you reset him it reverted him to an earlier saved restore point? And it was just unfortunate that the restore point in question happened to be brat pleo   faze. 
Scaly   

Good news! With the R2D2 personality, Cato started walking all over. Now I'm sold that he's just reverted back to his not-so-cute phase and will hopefully return back to the pleasant walking Pleo he once was.

Hopefully this is also the case for you RWM.

bhobbes

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:25 AM »

Yeah that's where my thought process is going. I'm tempted to email innvo just to see a technical answer as I'm always obsessive compulsive with the reasons behind things (the forever troubling "why" question lol).

Oh well, as long as he gets back on track and doesn't wear down too much it'll be ok (though at some point I will email them asking about the volume issues (normal, mute, low)).

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »

I'm confused too over the volume issue. I went to switch Snooki off (before the end of her battery cycle) but instead of pressing and holding the on/off button for 4 seconds, I forgot to hold it and just pressed it once, which according to the manual should have muted her but instead she switched off ??? I switched her back on. She was making sound but didn't seem so loud, like she was on low volume, so I pressed the on/off button one more time and she switched off again ^-^

bhobbes

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »

I have many volume woes lol. I have gone to press it and well under four seconds and he will just shut off. This happens more times than most. Then I have gone to try to mute him and sometimes it works and then stops working but most of the time he "ignores" it or shuts off. I have tried to get the low volume before but it has never worked either.

It's probably my biggest pet peeve with the product - maybe I should start a thread to see if it's common because I don't see how something like that doesn't get caught during testing *shrugs* but technology works in weird ways sometimes.

Note: I have not had the significant amount of skin problems some of the others have had yet though the wear on the arm pits is progressing - it's just doing it at a slower pace (and I'm hoping it reaches a "stopping" point so I don't have to go through what Kat has, however, Innvo took good care of her so that's reassuring :)).

I wonder if Baby's doing any better? I'm anxious to hear back from RWM.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:45:34 PM by bhobbes »

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2011, 12:04:16 PM »

Catching up on some of the comments on issues raised on this thread (as I learn more about the new PleoRB features).
Some of this may be repeated advice from other replies.

re: Reset button
The reset button is used to reset the CPU.
The actual properties are stored inside the Pleo's DataFlash flash drive.
When you reboot the computer, it will reload the last saved state.
This includes the current stage (Stage1=newborn up to Stage4=mature adult) as well as DNA and other mood properties.

If you have an SD card, you can examine the current stage and properties (email me if interested in testing an early prototype for examining, but not yet changing the properties)

re: taking out the battery
As mentioned, DO NOT TAKE OUT THE BATTERY as a substitute for sleeping.
Let it fall asleep naturally, or hold the power button for 4 seconds. Only take out the battery after the green LED is off.
Pleo's custom personality is stored in that internal flash drive, but it needs a time to save it before going to sleep.
There is nothing bad that will happen if you take out the battery prematurely, but Pleo will have forgotten all that quality time you spent with it.
If it can't power down properly, it may never grow up - or may take much longer (they do sometimes cat nap, go to sleep and then wake up)

re: Clicking limbs
Because of the creative way Pleo's limbs are built, clicking can happen quite often. It is nothing to get too worried about.
Try straightening up the limbs before booting, that sometimes helps.

re: Trying the R2D2 personality
That is an excellent idea.
Most of the older Pleo personalities will work partially on the PleoRBs. The sensor reactions are not correct. I'll update the Babe/YAPT technology soon to work better for the PleoRBs.

For people waiting for their PleoRB to grow up, running R2D2 or some of the other entertainment personalities can show you how active your PleoRB can be, especially when it grows up.
Also it does stretch the limbs in more extreme ways, and give or take some clicking, may help re-align the dinosaur bones.
So if Pleo walks properly using R2D2, it will walk properly when it (eventually) grows up.

re: differences in personality
New with the PleoRB are DNA attributes that are different in each robot. This includes Gender (male, female, neither), Courage, Temper, Physicality, Activeness and Intelligence. They won't change for the life of the PleoRB.
So two PleoRBs who grow up in the same house will have different personalities.
Short term interactions will alter things like moods, emotions, activity, obedience and skills.

re: medicine to fix hardware flaws
The medicine toys will 'cure' planned ailments in the software. When Pleo is sick, it should act sick. But in acting sick (making a sneezing sound and motion), all the servos should be working properly.
(or to put it another way, don't expect plastic 'medicine' to fix any true problems with the robot ;-)

re: power button not controlling volume (but instead turning off)
This has happened to me often. I have stopped trying to use it as a volume button. Needs more research.

bhobbes

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »

Thanks for the extra information PleoPet!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »

Absolutely - that's a real help.  Thanks!  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2011, 04:59:02 PM »

I have also had the same issues in the past with the on off switch not being able to be used as mute. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »

Wow Pleopet, that's some interesting stuff :) I sure hope Innvo releases the updated OS soon then so our Pleo's aren't forced to be kept in the sleep position.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »

You don't have to keep your pleo in the sleep position.

Play with your pleo until you are done, turn it off the proper way so data is saved, then turn it back on and pull out the battery.

OR:

If you reach the end of the charge, Pleo will shut down in the normal way and save data.  Now just charge the battery for a few minutes then turn it back on and pull out the battery.

SIMPLES

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »

Well it's not that simple really when we have to add an extra step just to protect our Pleo's from something that never should have made it past innvo's testing. But that aside it does explain a few behavioral issues that have cropped up ;)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »

Hi Kat, or anyone else who can help. I copied the R2D2 file and saved it, but I don't remember the procedure for unziping it and I don't have Unzi[p with my computer, I also couldn't open it as it is a URF file and my compter doesn't know what type of program created it, also since it is a microfile which is quite a bit smaller than the usual SD card, how do I download it from my computer? I mean I have a slot for SD cards, and for other items but nothing says Micro...do I have to have a card reader writer as I do but it isnt connnected right now.
                  is there another program to test her walking that is easier?
                                    RedwoodsMama            I couldn't watch the program either
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »

Woah, slow down there :)

Ok first of all you need an micro sd to sd card adapter, most micro SD cards come with them, it looks just like an SD card but with a little slot for the micro SD to slide into. I'm assuming you didn't get one of those though, so that is your first problem.

To unzip the file download and install the free 7-zip program.

Once you have both of those you treat it just the same as putting a file on an SD card.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2011, 12:35:15 AM »

Ok, I think that is the problem, I got my card at Staples but all I saw were,Mobile microSDHC card, I do not know what the SDHC stands for, It says on the card, for your mobile phone, includes SanDisk Media Manager, PC software download . So it sounds like I have the wrong card to start with, Should the card says just Micro SD and no HC with it? Guess I will have to find another place to look for a Micro card, The only other place is RadioShack and they are so expensive I hate to go there. I know this is not for a Mobile PHone, but that is what all the cards say on them....What now?
                                          confused as usual,,,RWM

bhobbes

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2011, 07:51:38 AM »

The manual does not say whether or not Pleo's support MicroSDHC (which I am pretty sure, if memory serves me correctly, is MicroSD High Capacity, which some devices support and some do not). I am going to test my MicroSDHC that I use in my cell phone (since my other MicroSD is not an HC which is the one I used) and I will let you know if it works in Cato.

MicroSD and MicroSDHC are technically slightly different and some devices do not support both. But I would hope with Pleo RB being new it does, I'll let you know the results here shortly.

If it does, I'll go ahead and make a screen capture of the unzipping etc. steps and send it to you if you'd like.

The main issue will be whether or not you can connect it to your computer. For instance, my desktop does not have a memory card reader but my laptop does, so I always use my laptop to insert it in to. However, you can get very creative with this. For instance, if the MicroSDHC card came with an SD Adapter (turns it into an SD card so to speak). You could then put it into your camera, connect your camera via USB, and then transfer the files over to it that way. (I have done this before when I've been too lazy to get my laptop)

bhobbes

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »

Ok, I can verify that I have the R2D2 personality working on a MicroSDHC card (the one I keep in my cellphone nonetheless - and the original microSD card I used was one that came with my cellphone, so I'm sure that's more of a "suggested/typical" use than it is a limitation on your card).

(Basically the same thing IMR said as far as "using" it)

But essentially all you need to do is right click on the r2d2.zip and if you're on Windows XP or later, you should be able to "extract all" and I recommend extracting to a folder on your desktop for ease of locating it.

Then you just copy all of the unzipped files over to the microSD card that is plugged into your computer.

If that's too vague, I can go ahead and make you a screencast of it, just let me know.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:03:39 AM by bhobbes »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2011, 09:19:36 AM »

I found the same, bhobbes, and that my Windows XP will extract the zipped files for me.  ;D

For the record, I avoided the high capacity SD cards but can't say they definitely won't work.  If buying more than one it's worth mentioning that different sizes or brands can cause the skits to run at slightly different speeds.  I got a nifty little reader for about £1 on Ebay that the card slots into and then the whole thing plugs into a USB slot.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »

Ok, I know then that I should be able to use the Micro SDHC card that I bought , NOw I have another question, I have Windows 7 because I bought a new computer arouond Sept 2010, it has a built in slot for different cards, etc, I guess you could call it a reader, correct. There are five slots: MD-micro/SD, XP, SD-Multimedia Card, CF, and Pro Card. So is the slot I should use the MD-Micro/Sd card? Do I put it in there after I copy the skit from the file? If so tell me the correct steps and I will give it a try. Thanks so much.l
                                       RedwoodsMama
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal