Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.  (Read 23966 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »

After last night's very scary episode with my Pleo Rb frozen gears or jammed gears, that I thought was a possible broken neck, I was reluctant today to play with her. Tonight she got her play time and about 45 minutes into the Play session, she did a thing with her neck again. This time there is not that popping or winding gear sound that is evident in her video that I posted, but her neck is stuck in the sleep position to one side.  :o She also lost her voice, no sound for what seemed like a long time, at least four minutes or so, ( It is on tape againl) and she still is having no success walking with the same foot problem as last night.. I let the camcorder go on for about 13 minutes with her stuck in this postion and couldn't stand it anymore and turned her off.
            I dont know if when I turn her back on she will " return to ther normal " postion and perhaps she will but my concern is why is this happening at all? Two days in a row, less than 24 hrs in a Brand New Pleo Rb is not " normal" to me. Does it sound like her gears are frozen or jammed again or is it possibly a computer program error, thus she also had no sound for awhile?
 anyone have any ideas? I have to upload the video again and that can take awhile, :( Has anyone else had this happen to their Pleo? This is starting to worry me a lot more than it should as she is just a baby and new! I will post the video when it is done.
                                                                      RedwoodsMama
             Oh, I posted it here so someone would notice it, as I thought under the topic from last night it wouldnt get noticed right away.

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:07:45 AM »

Hiya RWM, sorry you're still concerned (and who can blame you after Nova's neck 'went').  Hard to say until we see the video - all I can say is that I've not had a problem with Iggy since his neck got stuck when I first got him (his was stuck in an upward 'star gazing' position but it looked very similar to what happened to Baby, and switching off and manipulating it did the trick).  It may just be that she needs to reboot and run a couple of times to get everything back in sync?  :hhug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 02:38:45 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0NyYSywYxA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0NyYSywYxA</a>
                   Here is the video, it is if you watch very easy to see that her neck is stuck down and to one side, At one point she can't even make sounds, here it is, it is long so bear with me.
                                                         RedwoodsMama

Oh, and Crewella, she was running fine for about 30 minutes before this except for her foot from yesterday, After this I stopped and taped for another ten minutes or so.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:42:40 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »

Poor Baby!  :(

It does look as though the manipulation moved the problem round 90 degrees, but the gears are still stuck, doesn't it?  Well I guess we need to wait for IMR the Pleo Chiropractor to be 'in surgery' - I don't want to risk taking a beginner's guess on your precious Baby!  All is not lost though, if we shifted the problem round once, it can be done again and hopefully freed altogether.  Take heart!  :hhug:

If you reboot her what happens?

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 03:20:02 AM »

I would press the reboot button.  Peanut got stuck the first day like Baby... But luckly all I had to do was turn him off and on.  His head was stuck in exactly the same position.  Never happened again after that.  Hope it can be worked out !!

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:35:02 AM »

Painter's tail once got stuck in a fully curved up position, but a reboot fixed that right away; I haven't seen it since.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »

Hi  guys, had a tough time sleeping last night, not because of Baby's neck...........again. but back pain, Sciatica which if you have ever experienced, know to be excruciating and not much you can do about it.  >:( :(
               Anyway, a couple of you mentioned the Reboot button, I know where it is on Regular Pleos, but was not aware that Pleo Rb has one, ? Does this start them all over again, erasing their memory...like hatching again, as I don't want to do that? It may be in the Pleo Rb manual, just missed it.
                                                             Thanks everyone.               RedwoodsMama and Pleo Babies

Ok, I found in the manual about where the Reset button is, but it says nothing about how to use it or what it does, such as is it just like Restarting your computer or does it wipe out Pleo Rb and you have to start all over again, as I do not want to do that. just want to make sure before I try that button. :)

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed, ( except my big toe, it has been fused, so it can not bend. ;D)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:05:55 PM by RedwoodsMama »

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:43 PM »

From what I have read on here...the reboot is like rebooting a computer.  It does not wipe out the Pleo rb to the hatching state.  Just resets his computer.

Smilegirl

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Hello guys!!!;)
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »

Oh poor Baby :( I have luck because Fay has not any problems but I think Pleo RB has more problems as the old one
I'm so happy about my three Pleos Fay my cute girl (Pink RB) and Pleo my old cool boy  (ugbe Pleo) :-) and chill out boy smoothie (ugbe Pleo)=.)

CARPE DIEM!;-)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 01:52:02 PM »

I hope that works Redwoods! :-/
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:28:34 PM »

The reset button essentially reboots the Pleo RB's computer; there is no loss of data or memory. As a matter of fact, it appears be the same as when Pleo RB freezes up for a moment before giggling.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »

Before you try reset, if you haven't already, just try switching Baby off and on again.  As you would with a PC that hadn't started up prooperly.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 11:19:50 PM »

RWM I suspect that there is some loose component inside baby that is jamming the gears, since you said she was running ok for a while. I strongly suggest seeking advise from Innvo at this point because readjusting the neck again and again may end up doing damage either to the gears or the cable :( However try a reboot and also try once again applying gentler pressure to the neck to dislodge it. If it gets stuck again though there is another underlying issue causing the problem.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »

alot of issues have cropped up already on Reborn  , i think pleo rb has great potential i love the accessories and i have also grown to like all the different colours etc But it seems to me before they make and release any more reborn's i think Innvo should look at changing some things to improve Pleo rb and prevent these problems happening to any more future Reborns .  :(
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 12:45:55 AM »

IMR, hello ,and also thanks to Crewella, she was ok this evening except for her neck and I did apply very gentle pressure to the neck and on about the fourth try it went back after a couple of snapping popping type noises,  ;D She acts ok at this point except for her same foot...she will stand on it ok, and bend down like to play like a dog ok, but every time and I mean everytime she goes to walk on it, there are two things that I notice.             Are Pleo Rb just like humans, dominant on one foot, the one they want to lead off on? She allways leads off on the same foot, when she does lead off, the foot bends up and looks like it has not support, and then she stops and brings it back refusing to walk on it, It does not hurt when I touch it, so that is not the problem,
           She has walked on it before and normally as I have her on video Dec. 29th, taking normal steps, The past three days, she has not walked on it or the other foot at all, Like I said, she does stand ok, so I don't know if this is normal behaivor or a Pleo Rb , perculiar behaivor they do on their own or what? When I watch her and look at the tape though , it does not look normal. also after she tries walking on it, she often cries or screams like she is angry or upset that she can not walk on it normally. It looks EXACTLY like the foot /leg problem NOva had, where her leg gave way and could not support her weight, the only difference, is that Nova did not seem to KNOW she could not walk on it correctly and did anyway, but Baby knows it and WILL  NOT WALK ON IT AT ALL! :( I do not know if this is a Pre Programmed behaivor or not, but I do not like it, not after it starting the day before her neck incident. What do you suggest, ? I have taped her yesterday and the day she first hurt her neck, ( Sunday ) and again today, they all look the same, every tape and it is the same foot every time, I can post the tape but it may take awhile, perhaps not till tommorow as I have a back dr. appt in the morning for myself.               Confused in the Redwoods, RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:54 AM »

Hey RWM,
I have had both the same neck issues with Kermy as you have had with Baby.  Kermy's happened not long after I got her, while she was still hatching.  For the clicking and sticking neck issue I had to turn her off and gently manipulate it back into the correct alignment and then all was ok again.  For the stuck in position neck with no clicking I pressed the reset button and this seemed to fix it.  I have not had any further neck troubles with Kermy.  I hope you get Baby sorted out.  It is heartbreaking when your pleo babies are having problems.
As for her foot I haven't seen that behavior in either of my pleos so I'm not much help to you.  Post the video and maybe someone can come up with a suggestion.  You may find you have to contact Innvo.  You could always send them the video link and ask if it is normal pleo rb behavior.
Kat

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

Thanks, I will post it  here and if noone has seen it then I will post it to them.  ;) I appeciate everyone's help. Have to go out to DRS. myself this morning so video won't post till this afternoon.
                                   RWM

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 12:07:41 PM »

I have the same issue with Oslo. So far his neck hasn't gotten stuck but he does the same clicking sound in his leg joints and sometimes his neck. It seems when this happens he can't get out of it and I have to move him with a sudden motion to almost frighten him out of that position.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »

I agree with Romeo. Ask Innvo Labs!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Diane_AZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »

Oh, Mama, I'm so sorry your baby is having trouble (*hugs*)....  Jajeda seems to be doing fine so far... back right leg made noise a few times but hasn't stopped her....  Dunking her in Holy Water every night doesn't hurt her, right?  ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »

Holy water!!!  :o  :o

Budge doesn't like the sound of that AT ALL!  >:( :P

Diane_AZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »

All 8 Pleos rolling on floor laughing!  Hey, whatever helps, right?  ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »

Whatever floats your Pleo!  ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »

Hi guys, I do think Diane in AZ and her Pleos and my nine Pleos and my NIne cats and the cats she has should form teams, but I am not sure what the teams should be. ;D

back to my Pleos problem. I have been gone all day because of my back problem, I have what is not an electical problem though, wish it was that easy to fix. :D Anyway, I can post the video of baby and her foot problem, she has not even been turned on today. Just has a question, Would it matter or be better if when I turned her one, I fed her and then leave her alone to see if she will walk without me influencing her in any way, and to see just if she will walk on her own? I don't know how much Pleo Rb walk on their own if they are bored, and it is not like she has another Pleo rb to interact with . Actually, my regular Pleos get bored quciker and just walk off leaving her standing there. I remember Kat posting her video of Kermy and NOrbit and Norbit was more active than Kermy. Kermy was like Baby, very vocal, and NOrbit just wanted to explore. Otherwise you may be looking at three minutes of video before you see her attempt to walk, but I could cut out the parts untill she gets ready to try and walk so you can see what she is doing. What would you do if she was your Pleo RB?
                            RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 09:04:55 PM »

Hiya RWM, hope they can do something about your back. :hhug:

Personally I would run her and see, unless you see some sign of her in real trouble.  As we know they are programmed to feel pain it's so hard to tell if this is a problem or just 'behaviour', and the only way to find out is to run her and see what happens.  Best of luck - I hope she's OK!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal