Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solution to chipping paint  (Read 2984 times)

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
Solution to chipping paint
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »

WARNING!!:  THIS IS AT READER'S RISK.  I AM NOT RESPONCIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OF PLEO'S BY USING THESE TECNIQUES.  THEY HAVE WORKED FOR ME, SO THAT IS WHY I POSTED THIS.  AGAIN, THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS, AND IT IS NOT MY RESPONCIBILTY IF NY PLEO IS DAMAGED, DESTROYED, OR IMMOBLE TO THE EFFECT OF THESE SUGGESTIONS.

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION TO CHIPPING PAINT ON PLEO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You may think that when your paint chips on your pleo, it is now disfigured for the rest of his/her life and you decrease the amount of attention, making your pleo grow into depression.  Well, not anymore!!! I have found the solution!!!!!!!  Go to your local Micheals retail store.  It says that thin paints (usually found in professional paints) will make the skin melt.  Ask someone who works there to tell you where the waterbase paints are.  When they take you there, look for the colour "grass green".  This will blend perfectly (when dry) with the dark green colour on Pleo.  I haven't had a HUGE problem with the light green than the dark green.  So you may want to bring Pleo in and ask for a light green colour that looks like that on Pleo.  I have a bottle of light green already called "Spring Green" but I think it is a tad too dark, plus there is a shirt under my Maxwell, so nobody will see his back (unless I am washing his shirt <3), unlike the head, which is the first impression when I see Maxwell.  WARNING:  This is only for spots where there is no paint at all and you start to see tan where there should be green.  Slight imperfections are unnoticible.  Only paint the ones that are very noticable.
       Now for Pleo glue.  The brand, SUPER GLUE, works excellent.  If it is a HUGE tear, I am not sure how you would glue it but it works with that also.  Seams are easier to glue because they are easier to hold together when the glue is drying.  Holes are a little harder to hold together while drying.  Only a dot will do, and an abundance of glue may do damage I am uncertain of.

Again, these worked for me, but any reader may read them incorrectly and mess up on some.  Plus, I don't know if there is a thinner layer of skin in certain places.  I think these are good, but if there is any revisions that need to be made (such as very specific detailing that needs to be described that I may have forgotten to add) feel free to write a reply on that.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOU MORE STYLISH PLEO!!!!!!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? %) :P :-[ :-X :- :-* :'( ^-^ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is a picture of the superglue -
 The front reads-
"THE ORIGIONAL SUPER GLUE corporation.

CAUTION: EYE IRRITANT.  BONDS SKIN & EYES IN SECONDS.  See back panel. "

This must be the origional.

Here is the paint.

This bottle reads
"Craft Smart.

Acrylic Craft Paint.
2006 Plaid Enterprises, Inc.,
Norcross, GA 30091-7600
www.plaidonline.com
800/842-4197.3/06
23641LABEL"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:18:05 AM by degers »

"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
Re: I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 04:39:38 AM »

for the people living abroad it would be helpful if you would tell the exact names maybe they can also be found and ordered from the internet
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »

And the super glue brand makes several version of the glue . . .  so you need to specify which one you used!   Pictures are always helpful . . . ;)

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 11:40:19 AM »

And the super glue brand makes several version of the glue . . .  so you need to specify which one you used!   Pictures are always helpful . . . ;)
That's a good idea-
ill take some pictures
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 12:44:13 PM »

I think this should do it.
~Sherlock Holmes

eric

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • ube.ie
Glue update
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:08:48 AM »

FROM JOHN

The best way to seal up Pleo's skin is with the flexible "super glue". Regular super glue will work as well.

Good luck,
-John

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
Re: Solution to chipping paint
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 02:50:13 PM »

Aha what luck that I found this! I happen to have a Michael Store nearby so now I can touch up Frisbee's back a bit. But do you know what color matches the tan on their chin?
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

Burberry016

• Male
Re: Solution to chipping paint
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 08:41:33 AM »

The tan color...hmmm... This is me just guessing here... but maybe it's sand or skin color?  I'm not sure of either so you could just bring pleo in and show them the tan color.  But the tan isn't chipping, is it?  It is just get's wared down from the dirt on your fingers.  So paint would be a better recourse than washing him.
~Sherlock Holmes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal