Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Cats have won spots on a Cat Calendar Contest on Facebook  (Read 4266 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
My Cats have won spots on a Cat Calendar Contest on Facebook
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »

This is a contest that was sponsored by someone on Facebook, and as you can see, four of my cats won! my cats Suzy Q won for Sept, Dinta won for October and April won for Novemeber, And the one I am most grateful for is my beloved Karl Kat won for Memorial back cover, the Rainbow Bridge cat, He passed June 12th of this year and I have been heartbroken ever since. The contest was open to all cats and the themes were for each month and judged on creativity, the theme and the cats. You could enter as often as you wanted and I entered all my current eight cats and four that have passed, Lei Lu, Aiffa who also passed June 26th of this year and would have been 19 years old, and Karl Kat of course, and my little Paco who died in 2009 of FIP. The calendars will come out in time for Christmas. I can't wait, I will have to go back and copy their winning Photos and post them here, I am so happy for my guys and have been crying tears of joy for my big lovely Karl Kat. Just wanted to share some good news. :)

Samantha Lee posted to FRISKY FELINES FOUNDATION CAT CALENDAR CONTEST

AND THE WINNERS ARE................

January.........Sophia
 February.......Casper
 March...........AJ & Dexter
 April.............Sophia
 May..............Ernie & Sophia
 June.............Lucus
 July..............Keller
August..........Leni & Lucas
 September.....Suzy Q
 October.........Dinta
 November.....April
 December......Felix Lawrence

AND THE COVER WINNERS....................
 Front Cover...........................Casper
 Rainbow Bridge Back Cover.....Karl Kat              RWM  :cat-hug:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:58:28 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: My Cats have won spots on a Cat Calendar Contest on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »

Yaaaay! Congrats, Redwoods and congrats to your cats!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 01:56:46 PM »

Thanks Talon here are the winning photos, copied from fAcebook but much clearer in person.. Just wanted to share.

[
        Like I said these are copies but this is how they look on Facebook, though clearer, at long last something cheerful, My cats are all getting catnip today and I can honor my sweet Karl Kat when the calendars come out in time for Christmas.  :cheer:              RWM  :cat-hug:

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »

So happy Dinta won (and Karl and everyone else of course!) his picture with the pumpkin is my favourite  :flowers: I laughed at April's picture, is that Jabba the Hutt from Star Wars I see in the left hand corner??
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 12:49:07 AM »

Hi Luna, yes, that is Jabba the Hut, in Aprils' picture, Yes, Dintas is very photogenic and cute.I can't wait till the actual calendars come out in time for Christmas! My sweet April has to go to the vet for mouth surgery in the morning so it is appropriate that her picture won for Thanksgiving, something she has to be Thankful for. I am just hoping her surgery goes well and no more painful mouth, she will lose a lot of her teeth.I actually cried when I found out my Karl kat won for the Rainbow Bridge back cover, it means a lot to me, more than anything else I can think of.
              I entered all my cats, a total of 15 photos , all the living ones and four that had passed, but two were of one cat I have now, Jon E Hu and two of Karl kat. The next thing I have to do is to write a shot bio of each cat that won for the contest and send the photo again so it will be large enough for the calendar. I have till Friday, so with four cats, it is going to keep me busy.

I love taking photos of my Pleos and the only thing I have taken more photos of is my Cats, so it paid off. Thanks for commenting Luna.     :write:                    RWM  :cat-hug:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »

Congrats RWM, they're lovely pics and I'm glad something nice happened to cheer you up.  It's been a tough year, I know.  :cat-hug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 04:54:15 PM »

That's wonderful RWM congratulations to you and your fur babies  :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 09:24:09 PM »

The photos are beautiful, RWM. I, especially, love Susy Q. How cute! :)

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:32:21 PM »

Congrats! Looks nice. Small fluffy fashion models  :P
23 rat pups for sale :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 07:10:48 PM »

Just a quick update, I was notified today that next week the cat calendars will be available for purchase and when I get myne, I will be posting pictures of the finished product. I am a proud mama of eight felines :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:  :cat::cat: :cat: and four of them won spots on the 2014 Firiskies Feline calendar! The one that means the most to me is my beloved Karl Kat :cat-hug: who passed on June 12th, of this year, and then our oldest cat, my daughters cat, Aiffa who was one month short of being 19 years old also died. Getting this calendar is a great Christmas present.I think of it as a way to honor all my fur babies and my Karl Kat won the Memorial back cover. I know it will be a great calendar and I can't wait to share it with those of you who are also animal, cat lovers. :bouquet3:

Thanks for listening.  :autumn: :turkeydance:  RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township  P0:) P:) P:-* of the REdwoods
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:07:31 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 11:39:04 PM »

Fantastic news RWM I can't wait to see it :flowers:
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas gift  :)  If there is a link to the calender where people can take a look we would love to see :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 12:51:08 AM »

Hi Kat, when the calendars arrive, I am going to post the whole calendar in a post, so you can see the finished product, There is a short bio on each cat, each month and I know the finished product will be wonderful. There was a Halloween Contest too, but believe it or not I was the only one that entered..............everyone had spent all their time posting for the 2014 Calendars. One of the people who entered is actually a Bob The Pleo forum Member,Jett, who has two Pleos, Ozzy, and Dopey. Ozzy was her first Pleo, a Ugobe and Dopey is her RB that she won in the Facebook Innvo Labs contest in 2011, ( like many of the rest of us, including myself, I won Cammie-Sue) She hasn't been active here since late 2012, but she is active on Facebook, really into rescuing animals. :)( She also has two pages , where each of her Pleos, Ozzy and Dopey have their own Facebook page, so if anyone ever wants to check them out, they are cute.)

Anyway, thanks Kat, as soon as I actually recieve the calendar I will post it here, I think this is the best Christmas present I can think of , other then my actual breathing live fur babies.  ;D The next time there is a contest LIke this I will let people know so anyone who wants to enter can, it was only a dollar entry fee and you could enter as many times as you wanted... :cheer:                 RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »

Posting the whole callender will take a lot of photos and a lot of space.  I don't think you will get it into one post.  Maybe you could make it into a youtube video and link that to a post. Could be the easiest way to do it  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »

Thanks Kat, that is a great idea, will do it. Thanks for the suggestion. ;D RWM  :cat-hug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal