Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down

Author Topic: International Photo Contest  (Read 12442 times)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
International Photo Contest
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »

Jetta has initiated a new photo contest with the prize being a new RB with all the accessories!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: International Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »

Be sure to post your entries here as well . . . we'd love to see them too!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »

Look's like they learnt their lesson from last time :P Good luck everyone :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:45:49 PM »

Yes, I saw this early this morning via an email and checked it out. Not too many rules but the deadline of May 26th, which is two days before my birthday , NIce contest but not specific enough if they want Pleos with family, with pets or  it can be just family or friends but I would assume with Pleo. Of course if you don't have a pleo yet, it has to be one of the other ones. Good luck to everyone, and if I am correct, it is this time, only Photos, no Videos. I know I  will look through old photos and taking new ones. I love ones with animals and with other people, but not myself.

I didn't see how many Pleos there were or if this is just for one Pleo RB? If they are giving away just one, it is going to be very very tough indeed, but still fun!
                                                                                          Good luck to all of you Pleo Lovers. P:)                RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

I entered this one:

I hope I don't win :P But I feel like I should be supportive given the number of entries last time out.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »

That is a very nice photo IMR. If you did win, you could allways offer it to someone else and thank Innvo, but you know how contagious Pleos are and you could change your mind. :) It is also a nice way to get things moving. I saw this morning and there was just the photo of Pleo with the rabbit and I commented on that. But between now and May 26th, I am sure a lot more photos will come in. also because this is being advertised on the Hong Kong site, maybe there will be more participation from overseas, the Hong Kong market, We will just have to wait and see.

Your sister looks like she likes Pleos too. Does your sister have any pleos? If she would love one, she could enter too perhaps...just a thought.              RWM

greyman

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »

How do you enter the competition. I cant seem to find it on pleoworld.com. Can someone post a link?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »

You enter via facebook Greyman :) Go to Innvo Labs Pleo.

Thanks RWM, I deliberately chose a not too high resolution image, so hopefully they choose someone more worthy! Melinda doesn't have a Pleo, but she is currently borrowing Jumba.

greyman

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »

Cool thanks.:) I havent even unwrapped my first pleo yet and thinking about entering ;D

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »

RWM They are giving away two pleos  :)
"Each participant may submit more than one photo during the same upload period but each participant will only be awarded one prize at most." Does that mean I need to upload all my pictures at once or I can add multiple pictures over the course of the contest?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:59:42 AM by pickelish »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »

I think Mike is best to answer that, but I think what they mean about the uploading photos part , is that of course you can only win one Pleo, but that you can upload as many photos as you want during the upload period.( translation I think, it that you an can upload as many photos that you want during the time between now and when the contest ends, which is May 26th. ) They do not specify a specfic time such as 12:00 midnight on the 26th, and since they are in a different timezone, I would make sure my photos are uploaded at least by the day before and the earlier the better.

I have no idea how they are going to judge and how many entries they will get but it could be surprising to get the Hong Kong market involved, there could be a lot more than there were in the last contest and with only two Pleo Rb, it is going to be tougher, so good luck and most of all, Have Fun taking those Photos! :)                        RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods P;D

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 04:06:54 PM »

I am so excited! I think it will be very, very hard to win though, there will be lots of people entering and only two prizes. I am going to try hard, Stephan wants a blue RB friend to play with!  ;D
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »

What does it mean in the entry form when it says "I am willing to receieve eDM from PLEO rb"?
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »

I didn't check that box, but I assume they are talking about e-direct marketing. IE. Junk mail from them, if you are signed up for the eblast you already get it ;)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 03:30:17 PM »

Im sorry but im not entering the contest because it is -CENSORED- and they only pick the person with the most pleo's and products so i wont waist my time on this one   :head-wall: :crash:

Mod note: Please don't use language like that here, this is a family friendly site. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:20:48 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »

Hi Camaro - I'm not sure what about this comp makes you think that way.  It seems to me reading the instructions that this particular comp is aimed at people who don't have pleos.  They have asked for pics of you with your family doing something happy - no pleos there, or you with your friend - again no pleos necessary, or you with your pets - still no pleos and lastly if you can't fit into the other categories you can enter a pic of you with your pleo.  I think they know they will get entries from people with pleos so they put the last category there knowing it was going to happen any way.  It looks to me like they really want people who don't have pleos to enter this one.  A big difference from the last comp which was aimed at people who already had a pleo. 
If you don't enter then your chances of winning are 0 so give it a go :)  i hope they pick someone who doesn't already have a pleo as the winner as it is a great way to get new people interested in pleo :)  If I was to enter i'd submit a pic with no pleos in it at all.  I'm sure you have lots of happy moment pics around so why not dust one of and submit it.  Give yourself a chance  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 09:31:17 PM »

The last contest was a bit of a fiasco, but given that they have a proper entry form this time around it does seem they are doing things better this time around.

It was unfortunate that I did win last time, because although I am always excited to have a new arrival, I didn't really care about winning. However the utter confusion at the end of the contest bugged me an awful lot. I really shouldn't enter, but at the same time I want to show my support for Innvo so they keep running competitions like this. If no one enters then why bother running them. All the same I hope the winner this time is someone who really deserves a Pleo.

But I do have to say that although they already had Pleo's I really felt the RWM, Latrine, Kat, Crewella and Fancyfont really deserved to win. RWM entered a million photos, Latrine was very ill and Pleo's provide her with some comfort, Kat and Crewella do amazing work on this site and for Pleo's in general, Crewella pioneered the surgery to repair our Pleo's! Kat undertook a huge operation to get Sparky up and running. And Fancyfont had lost dear family and her Pleo helped ease the pain. Innvo didn't know any of that of course, and they wouldn't know how many Pleo's a person had unless they were in the photos.

You should enter Comaro, you may not win, but at least you had a go.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »

You know it is strange cause I see the enter contest page where you fill out the name, age, gender, etc and then upload a photo and tells something about it, but there is nowhere on the site where I can see ANY of the photos submitted by anyone, not even IMR's! Is there another page I am missing? Can someone post where you find the photos, it would be nice to see them or are they the only ones able to see the entries? %)                RWM

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »

That's one of the reasons I asked people to post here as well

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »

I decided to enter my multiple exposure portrait of Sparky's playdate

that we shared a few months ago.  It's probably not what they are looking for (too "artsy" and no people!) but what the hell.

Mod note: You don't need to use [IMG] tags with  tags, just the  is needed, thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:53:37 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »

It may ( or may not) be what they are looking for, but it is still very cute!          RWM

Must have been before Sparky's leg problems.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »

I entered a few days ago with this pic
They asked for happiest moments photos and this has to be one of the happiest moments we had  :)  I'm not in it as I was the photographer, my OH was still off skiing but this is my two kids after their first day of skiing.  We don't get snow where we live so you can imagine how excited they were when we went on holiday to America just to play in the snow  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »

They do look very happy so I understand why you entered it, also moms are allways proud of their children and learning to ski is tough, It was for me anyway.  ;D I guess some of my photos are going back a long way as my kids are not kids anymore so I will look through the photo albums...I guess the entries only show up here and not online where anywhere else can see them,,,so that is interesting indeed.............RWM

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 03:47:17 PM »

That photo is fantastic, Chicago! The invasion of the pleos. They must have taken a long time to make?

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »

Here's the original topic Chicago posted last year.  He explains it all here:  http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2383.msg36790#msg36790

This is Sparky's father writing.  Willow, you are correct; there are 33 Pleos in the photo.  They are all Sparky. (Sparky's eyes are actually green and her necklace is gold pearls.)  The photo shoot took about an hour.  With the camera on a tripod, I took 33 separate shots while Sparky's mother moved her from one location to another.  I then loaded each photo as a layer in a single Photoshop file.  I then used layer masks to make Sparky appear in multiple places at the same time.  It really isn't that hard if you know what you're doing.  The whole process took about an hour.  I'm glad you all enjoyed the photo.  Unfortunately, we haven't found any other Pleos in our neighborhood for Sparky to play with. :(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:15:31 PM by mweed »
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal