Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PleoRB Leg problem  (Read 5042 times)

NightFlash

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
PleoRB Leg problem
« on: January 06, 2011, 03:55:05 AM »

Hey there!

I just got my PleoRB and after 3 days of plying with it, it seems like there is something wrong with it's front left leg.
When I shut the pleo off the leg doesn't enter sleeping position it's pointing straight out.
It seems like it's been "dislocated" så it's 2 steps back from it's normal position.
When wiggling the leg it also can move quite alot when the others are quite stiff in sleeping position.
The motor in that leg is also getting really hot after only 10 min of trying to walk.

Is there anyway to fix except sending it back? Cause sending a Pleo to the US from sweden isn't exactly cheap =(

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:56:46 AM by NightFlash »

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
Re: PleoRB Leg problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  Kat had an issue with one of the rear legs and she had to replace it.  :(

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:09:28 AM »

Hi NightFlash, and welcome.  Sorry to hear that you're having problems.  Sometimes you can click the leg back into position, but with such a new Pleo rb I think you need to contact Customer Support and explain what's happening, I'm afraid.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 11:11:57 AM »

Hello, and so sorry  :(to hear about your Pleo problems, esp being brand new. It does seem there are an AWFUL lot of problems popping up with these RB, which is very troublesome, It worries me greatly. I dont remember hearing about this many problems with the original Pleos, I wonder if they released them too young or needed to have a wider study group with more than one or two people testing them out before release to the general public.
               It does sound as if this is a motor problem with the leg which you are not going to be able to solve on your own or with anyone here on the forums, esp since you say it is also hot! I would contact INNOva and describe the problem to them, It seems to me that they should reimburse you for shipping costs as well, but maybe that is not listed in the warranty, I guess I should see what it does cover. Pleo Rb is quite expensive and this is something that does sound like only they can fix, probably sending you another one is my guess. I do hope you hear good news from them on your Pleo's leg problem, I will be thinking positive good thoughts for you to get this Pleo Problem resolved.
                                                          Best wishes,  RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:16 AM »

Maybe if you could post a video of the problem we could see if we have any suggestions that might help fix it.  You may have to send it back to be replaced though if it is something major.  Kermit had a broken leg and had to be sent back but Innvo were very good about it and sent me a replacement, Kermy which arrived on the same day that the courier came to collect Kermit.
You could try gently pushing the leg back into the correct position.  It will make a loud clicking sound when you do this.  then try running your pleo again and see if the problem is still there.  sometimes Kermy's limbs get stuck in an odd position and when this happens the limb gets very hot.  I have found that if I switch her off and manipulate the limb carefully back into correct position all works normally again when I turn her back on. :)
I hope this helps.
Kat

NightFlash

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »

Hey there!

Thanks for all replies. I tried to push it a bit and now it started to click constantly when turned on so no luck there.
It still moves a little when turned on but not as it should. So I will contact innvo labs and see what they have to say.
Will update when I know more.

Thanks everyone

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:33:37 PM »

Hi Nightflash,
I am sorry that didn't work, but it was worth a try.  I posted a video on youtube of Kermits leg problem and then sent the link to Innvo with my email describing what the problem was.  This made it very fast and easy for them to diagnose the issue and they emailed me back within 24 hours to say they were having their technicians look at my problem and then again about a day later to say they would send me a replacement and could I please send her back.  They took care of the cost of all the shipping which was very nice of them.  I don't know if covering the shipping on a return item is part of the warranty but I really appreciated that they did it.  All up it took just over a week and they had sent me a new pleo and picked up the old one.  So hopefully they will be just as fast with sorting out your little guy.  I do recommend you video it if possible or even photo the sleep position to show them what you mean.  It should make the diagnosis a whole lot faster for them.
Wishing you the best of luck
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »

Oh dear - shame it didn't help, but as Kat says it was worth a try.  Best of luck with Customer Services, and keep us posted.  :)

NightFlash

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 01:11:23 AM »

http://www.sunnydale.se/pleo.mov

There is a little clip of the problem =(

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 04:43:04 AM »

Thank you for posting the video clip.  It does show the problem clearly, have you spoken to customer services as yet?  As you have not been able to click the leg back into place it does seem that there is a real problem there, I'm afraid.  So sorry.  :(

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »

more worry for Reborn then .....  i can not remember these leg issues with the ugobe Pleo's but then again i was not coming into the forums back then so maybe it was a problem i did not notice  ???

What is every 1 else views on this leg problem ? i think it is quite worrying really especially if when i finally pick up the courage to buy 1 it will be a Huge let down if when i receive reborn it has 1 of these issues and after paying customs fee's etc  :(
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »

To be fair, from what I've read there were a fair few problems when the Ugobe Pleo was first released.  Also, it's the new Pleo RB owners with problems that are more likely to go online and find the forums, and then to post, so it's hard to get a clear idea of the overall situation from here.

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »

Ourmaurice has a problem with his back right leg, when he is turned on it sticks and starts clicking, it makes me cringe the sound of it, it's not because of the surface he is standing on as it does it even when I hold him up in thin air, any comments would be appreciated, thank you all on Ourmaurice's behalf

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 04:32:33 PM »

Sorry to hear that mrssid, bear with us  - IMR is the Pleo Chiropractor around here and probably the best person to speak to.

Hope it gets sorted out!  :)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »

I'm sorry to hear of all these problems. I haven't mentioned that my Snooky's neck gave one very loud click on her very first battery cycle, but thankfully it's been fine ever since!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 06:36:18 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear about Ourmaurice's leg problem, that is not good at all. When you said, " click", that sounds like what happened to my Baby last night, I thought for sure it was a broken neck, but it turned out to be a gear problem. Crewella is 100% correct, she diagnosed my baby's problem last night and I was scared to death.  :oIf you can , PM her and as soon as she is on the forums I am positive she will contact you and help OurMaurice, she is a great Pleo Chiropractic DR. It is great having help right here on the forums. :)
                                                                RedwoodsMama

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 06:27:11 AM »

Thanks folks, I hope IMR has an idea what I can do I would be ever so grateful

Oh no!!!! switched him on today and the front left leg is also clicking now
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:33:59 AM by mrssidstrangecase »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:48 AM »

In the meantime, mrssid, would it be possible to do a short video of the problem?  If rebooting isn't fixing this is might be easier to actually see the problem.

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »

I'm afraid I don't have a video recorder, and I wondered if I reboot by pressing in the little hole on the side of battery compartment will I have to go through the hatching all over again ?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »

No, my Baby Pleo Rb is having a similiar problem but with her neck bent and I was just told that rebooting it will not erase any infor or maker Her "hatch" again so I will try it and it should work the same for you. Good luck.
                                            RWM

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »

Thanks so much RWM I will be watching closely and hoping for you that Baby is soon back on tip top, it's thanks to you also ( hug and kiss ) that I joined the forum, it's invaluable to us Pleo parents.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »

My Pleo 2009 gets a clicky leg.  He can walk on it and everything else it’s just clickey and is perfectly fine. 
Is this the problem? Or are they both actually jamming at the same time? If it’s just a bit lowd and clickey   
I think it’s probably the gears settling as my 2009 pleo did that a little at first too.
 Sorry I can’t be of more help.
 Scaly

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »

Hi guys, sorry for not posting sooner, been away for a night :P Clicky legs are just the gears slipping and there's not really much you can do about it without surgery. Stitch has a clicky back leg, I turn him off, click the leg and knee two clicks back and two clicks forwards and that provides a temporary solution.

To do that, switch your Pleo off with the legs straight as you can and firmly but gently force the joints backwards and forwards with your hand. It makes an unpleasant click but you aren't doing any damage.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal