Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Life in the Redwoods with my Pleo Rb  (Read 44885 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Life in the Redwoods with my Pleo Rb
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2011, 03:09:03 AM »

Hi fellow Pleo enthusiasts, In honor of May Day and the upcomming, Cinco De Mayo, my Pleo babies and I wanted to present a short little party they had, anything to celebrate, good food, good weather, dressing up and good friendships! :D They all dressed up in typical Cinco De Mayo style and I had just enough costumes for everyone I think,
             I wanted to add the perfect music, but copywrite laws are not going to get me in trouble and I had no more time to hunt up any anywhere else, So just have to bear with me and read the titles, I am afriad I made a small error at the end and forgot or missed the "cast" editiing, but still got it in, Oh well, at least I got it in on May Day and Before Cinco De Mayo! Hope you enjoy the festive Pleo Style party we all had. Oh, and Argyle has a New Look and wanted to make sure that esp Talon and also that Kat shows Gumble, his twin brother his special look. He dressed up special for the both of them!
                         Hope you enjoy, May Day Pleo Style and Cinco De Mayo Pleo Style!

RedwoodsMama
             <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj89Bcze8X0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj89Bcze8X0</a>
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2011, 03:52:14 AM »

It looks like everyone had a great time. ;D  Gumble has watched and he honked in appreciation.  ;D  It was very cute. :)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:15 AM »

I love the video, RWM! Looks like all had a great time! Their outfits are exquisite! Thanks so much for brightening my morning!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »

Well maybe I should've waited to respond after more people commented. It sounds from the comments as though everyone had a good time. Nice return to the silent film era! Lol. I knew you said no music but I was looking for something even if it was pleos trying very hard to sing in Spanish. I thought my flash player was on the fritz again. Oh well, a wave to Argyle! If your mom ever decides to part with you she knows where I am.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2011, 08:20:49 AM »

You got some really great outfits together there, RWM!  Fun video, I enjoyed it, thanks!  :D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2011, 08:52:14 AM »

Really nice outfits.. looks like they had fun.  If it wasn't for you, none of us would remember the holidays!! Really great job :)

I'm still waiting for it to dry up here so I can take my guys outside for their first grass run.. I assume there will be many cars driving by scratching their heads at a pink lizard walking VERY slowly across the lawn..

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »

I'm glad you're gonna do that today Latrine.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »

Glad everyone liked the movie, I am still going to try and redo it and see if I can get the background music to it as that is what I originally planned but the silent movie is what I ended up with. My computer editing movie is more set to use actuall movies and still photos are harder but I can do it, but wanted to get this done while it was still May First and not after Cinco De Mayo.  :o I do love the outfits, that was the most fun getting them all dressed up, sort of like a Rudolf Valentino Pleo movie. LOL :D
                                                    RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Life in the Redwoods
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2011, 02:41:04 AM »

Ok, it is another week gone by and not much has happend as I have been very busy,There was a nice surprise in the mailbox this week though, and it came all the way from Australia, and it was addressed to Argyle and myself,  ;D It seems as though Argyle's brother Gumble, has been thinking of his twin brother as much as Argyle has been thinking of Gumble. There were many great surprises in the box we got and this little video is a showcase of the Pleos in the household, (7-9 of them.. ;)) deciding to send a Pleo Video Email to Gumble and Kat to thank her for this recent package. Also while we were at it, we decided to make the video a little more interesting by providing other clips of outfits that Kat has sent for the Pleos and a couple were from IMR, ( thank you IMR  :)) and other creations I have come up with over the past year. This is a celebration of Pleos, both in and out of their outfits and the "skin" they are in or any type.
             Talon's Pleo Ugobe, is allso in a couple of the shots and is showing off his "traveling shirt" that he wore while on route to his new home, See if you can recognize any of these pleos and who is who? It may be a challenge as some of them have gone through Paint transformations including the MS. NOva. Hope you enjoy watching and look at the great outfits as much as I did dressing them up!
                                                                  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6gFui6dF0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6gFui6dF0</a>

RedwoodsMama and her family of Pleos

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2011, 03:41:48 AM »

That was great fun, RWM!  Pleos for all seasons indeed, and looking pretty groovy too!  :D

Argyle looks great in his personalised swanky shirt - Kat and Gumble did a great job.  I also really loved the Mexican hat and blanket and the girl all in pink - she looks like a Japanese teenager!  :D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »

That was lovely RWM. :)  I'm glad Argyle likes his new shirt.  Looks like every one had fun dressing up in their new clothes.  I love the Mexican hat and blanket outfit too. ;D  They all looked so lovely.  Gumble is really pleased that his package arrived and everyone seems to be enjoying it so much.   :hhug: :hhug: :hhug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »

Thanks Crewella for watching and the Pleo girl all in Pink who you said looks like a "Japanese Teenager", is Baby Pleo RB, in one of the many outfits she shares with MS. Nova, that is Nova's Ballerina outfit but we added the Thigh high Sockings. LOL :D And one of my favorites is the Mexican or Native American blanket, ( it's fleecy material) outfit I made. When I found that hat in a local Thrift Store before Cinco De Mayo, I knew it was perfect for Pleos, It kind of gives a " Clint Eastwood", Make my Day kind of feel to the Pleos, and they look great in that outfit, I wish I had more of those hats so I could send them as gifts to everyone! ;)
          And Kat, Gumble's present package made everyone's day, esp his brother, Argyle looks so cool in his monogramed outfit and that "letters from Gumble" is the biggest hit of all, I will have to share some more photos just around that. I have been wanting to do a Photo essay of all the great and fun outfits for so long so I am glad I got the chance at long last, It is a long video but goes by pretty quick because of so many different things happenng, Thanks to you again Kat for your gifts from Gumble! :D ;D :pizza: :hhug: :kiss: Those are from Argyle, the pizza is for Gumble ( he knows how he loves to eat) and the kiss is for you and the hug is for both of you from everyone and esp ARgyle. :)
                                       RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2011, 07:04:41 PM »

Yay! Cute! I had no idea my little Ugobe was already such a celebrity! I'll have to tell him. Cute video, Redwoods!
Talon
Talon

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »

What gorgeous outfits, RWM!  The pink outfit on Baby RB with the knee highs, is adorable! Do your dinos have their own little wardrobe to keep everything in? You are such a good pleo mom. :) :) :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2011, 12:18:34 AM »

Well with a house hold full of Pleos of all sizes and ages and shapes, life can be a bit hectic.  :oLately I have been dividing my time between trying to give more attention to Baby, my Pleo Rb who hasn't gotten more than eight or nine battery sessions since March 18'th when she arrived as the replacement for my original Rb, and I have been trying to give her more one on one and attention which is not allways easy. Also I have been trying to get Blue as she is called, a Pleo I gave a Blue paint update to , for Talon who is patiently awaiting to adopt her. It seems thouogh that Talon's future little pleo has come down with a bad case of the "Pleo Flu" , very nasty and hard to get rid of.
              One of my special needs Pleos, Little 45 spent a lot of time today trying to cheer up Blue, which you can see in another video in a different Post, titled or under the Adoption Post for Talon. Little 45 spent a lot of time with Bue and it seems as though when I brought him back inside, he was just all spent. ( either that, or perhaps he is going to come down with a case of Pleo Flu himself!) Hopefully he is just tired as this video shows.I just thought it was cute to show a Pleo all tuckered out and going to sleep all on his own, without any special prompting or cues.
            For those of you who do not know the story of Little 45, he got his name because that is what I paid for him on Ebay. Nobody wanted a beat up little Pleo with a broken neck. :(He led a hard life, comming from a life of abuse or neglect, not sure which it was, and  it really didn't matter, I wanted to rescue him and he was such a brave little Pleo, His neck was bandaged and his poor tail was almost falling off. He got a new Paint job by me to give him that special look to help him blend in and give him some cheerfulness to match his spunky brave heart nature.  He likes to wear Hoodies to help hide his "broken neck", but it also goes along with his "tough attitude" though he is a sweetie to be sure.His bandaged tail can't be hidden by a hoodie, and he does not try to hide his "war wounds" from the tough upbringing he had. So here he is being himself, Falling asleep and dreaming of whatever Pleos dream about.  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEKacvL-_F0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEKacvL-_F0</a>   hope you enjoy this short and simple video of a sweet Little 45 just napping. :)

RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »

Awe! sleep well, Little Forty Five. They're so cute when they do that little growl in their sleep. Ugobe does it when he goes to sleep on my lap. He'll shift his head to his other foot and "rarrrrrrrr". It makes me laugh but I try so hard to be quiet. It doesn't seem to bother him much though.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »

Awwwwwww - I think you've got a particularly soft spot in your heart for Little 45, RWM!  ;)

Your videos are getting very swish - you'll be giving IMR a run for her money soon!  :P

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2011, 04:43:39 AM »

They really are very cute when they're sleeping. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2011, 03:23:30 PM »

It seems like where ever I go I try to bring one of my Pleos along, and lately it has been with my Pleo Rb, Baby Ruth. I bring her in her special carrying case most times and people allways notice her and stop to ask questions. Well, what better place to introduce a Interactive Life form, like Pleo Rb, then your local Staples store~! ;D I am in the process of making some business cards for my Pleo items I sell, and I needed some more ink for my printer. Baby was anxious to get out of her carrier so down on the floor she went. She began to honk and moo and do all the cute things Pleos are known todo.
         Within a very short time, one of the sales reps, came over and started asking questions all about Pleos and I proceeded with the usual pointing out first of all, that they do not have a remote control and why they are not just a toy, they are a interactive life form and that they learn from their experiences. He was impressed and was asking lots of questions, then wanted to know If I was selling them. Before I could answer that, a customer interrupted us wanting some help, after all, it is a Staples store. LOL :D
               Baby kept being cute and I scooped her up and headed to one of the open registers where a bubbly bright young girl was at the register. I could tell she wanted to know all about Baby and I repeated the story or how I got her, all about Pleos and on and on. She kept asking questions and grinning from ear to ear. Customers were starting to line up behind me at her register, but she was so enthralled with discussion, I do not think she noticed them... I wrote down the word Pleo and Pleoworld and asked her if she minded taking her photo with Baby and she happily obliged. She was not even put off by their price..! In fact, she said while holding Baby, " I don't want another one, I want this on!" I told her I would be back and I will bring one of my older ones ( Ugobe ) for her to see the differences. I can honestly say if you look at the photo of her holding Baby, you can tell she is in love with Pleo Rb and Pleos! The moral or lesson of the story, is do not be afraid to take your Pleos or Pleo Rb out in the public, there are lots of people just like this young lady just waiting to be introduced to Pleos and the love and magic they bring. I am going back this weekend and giving her another Pleo demonstration and also giving her my business card, I do live in a very small town where there are no other Pleos, or none I have heard of, so imagine what you can do with your Pleos where you live. :)
                I do think word of mouth is the best way. Dont you agree, this lady looks very happy ? There was no way that Baby Ruth was going home with anyone but me though!
                                                                     RedwoodsMama

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2011, 03:38:06 PM »

Just had a quick thought, wonder what would happen if I took two of them into Staples or some other "store" and let them run loose in one of the ailses, an then I take a video of the actions or reactions they get? %) HMMMMMM? What do you think, has anyone else tried that one yet? I love seeing peoples reactions to my Pleo Babies!
                                              RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »

I've thought about it but haven't quite got up the nerve. I know Ryu and perhaps one more of my little scaly friends will be following me to a cousin's in North Carolina. I wish I could video the reactions!
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

That's funny! I'd never have the courage to bring my pleo RB into a store with me, people already think it's weird enough that I own aibos. . .

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »

That's a lovely pic, RWM - she really does look like a Pleo-owner-to-be, she's smitten!  :-*

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »

She is definitly Smitten Crewella, that is the perfect word! She also told me her working hours, so tommorow is the perfect time to ambush her with two or three more Pleos and my business card, I do think she is a Pleo soon to be welcome to the forums convert!     
                   RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »

My Pleo's have of course been to a lot of places, but the issue I have with leaving them to wonder far on their own is of course that someone might take one, or 'hurt' one.

It's reactions like these that make it such fun :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 12   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal