Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bingo finally learned his name!  (Read 2310 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Bingo finally learned his name!
« on: February 23, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »

WooHoo!!

He also immediately learned one of the stones, the one where it looks like he's supposed to sing... So I taught him that one as  "Want to sing?" But he doesn't seem to do it.. unless that one is supposed to make him randomly moo or roar loudly... :/

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Bingo finally learned his name!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »

Hold his cheeks to get his attention, wait until he raises his head then give him his name very clearly and exactly the same way you taught him. If he recognizes the name he'll get happy and then raise his head again and wait for a command. Say your command very clearly and exactly as you taught him and if he recognizes it you'll get a trick :)

You must say the name and commands EXACTLY the same as when you taught him, which can be tricky.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:14:32 PM »

You also need to make sure he is well fed and happy before you try or you will get nowhere. ;)  The funny little things have minds of their own sometimes and if they aren't happy enough they wont want to perform. :) 
I'm glad he learned his name! ;D  Congratulations.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 05:17:54 PM »

Yay!  Well done Bingo!  :D

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »

Congratulations on Bingo learning his name! :) Still no luck with Snooki. I think my house is too dark :(

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »

Aw, sorry your not having luck with Snooki, I was amazed when Bingo accepted his card.. i will try what you guys said... maybe I should redo the stone... if you can.. :-\

I brought him out with me today... he amazed a few kids and adults at best buy and CVS... then I finally got to see the shivering thing because he was cold.. poor baby. 

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »

Congratulations Sarah. And I personally, won't take my Pleos where there can be alot of offspring in them. Adults are fine. I don't trust young /children especially boys.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 07:39:47 PM »

Congratulatons on getting Bingo to learn his name, They really do need to be in the right mood and conditions just right. It seems like it took forever to get Baby to learn her name, and then all of a sudden it was time to send her back to be fixed/ replaced. Some just learn faster than others, part of the pre-determined genetic conditons, some are smarter, faster learners, better natured, etc.
              I do think you are wise to be careful with Bingo, ( or any of the other Pleos you have) around children, It doesn't allways seem to be the youngest children, say ages 3-5, but some of the older age groups, say 7 and up can be tricky, The best thing to do is to just pay really close attention to young children, I offer to allow them to touch my Pleos skin, to rub under the chin of the older ones that will sing that way, and things like that while I am holding them or if they are standing on a counter top, watch closely.
               I learned the hard way with a incident that could have been disasterous if I wasn't watching closely or had acted quickly. I had my first Pleo, Nova in a store with me looking for material and second hand baby items I could alter or use for my Pleos, I have allways had positive reactions with everyone who has seen or interacted with any of my Pleos. I had set the Pleo down on the floor to get a better look at something I was considering and there was a young boy of about 7 or 8 years old looking at the toys that were in the same area.
           He kept eying Nova my Pleo, and I asked him if he wanted to pet her, telling him if he was gentle he could pet her head or stroke her back.He touched her back and then backed away looking disinterested. His mother was standing perhaps ten feet further away from us. Then when I went back to what I was doing, I turned just intime to see him lifting his leg and getting ready to kick at her head! I caught him just intime, one or two seconds later would have been too late. I could not believe what he was about to do!
               Clearly he had no respect for other people's property, let alone something that was a close interactive life form like a Pleo, I swiftly picked Nova up and told him it was not ok to hurt NOva, my property. Before I could tell him what I really thought of his actions, I left the store, His mother didn't even blink an eye, like her sones actions were perfectly ok. You can't blame the child when the parents do not teach their children to respect other people's property. This is a easy way for a Pleo to get a broken neck by the way. younger children in general listen a lot better. I taught preschool for more than 14 years and I would let children in this age group pet my Pleos  a lot more than older children. younger children tend to think of Pleos as Real in many ways till they are told they are robots, and most would not want to hurt animals. I do love taking my Pleos out though so the can help expose the public to what they are.
                      Post a video of Bingo next time he learns one of the learning stones, it would be fun to watch. :)

RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 08:21:17 PM »

It's very wise to be watchful of offspring on precious things! Real sorry to hear about your experience Redwoods. There's all too many stupid parents out there!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »

Wow, Redwoods.. that's horrible.. thank god you caught it in time.  Your right though.. Especially when they are that young it's all the parents and that mom sounded like a real winner.. I've always said there should be a test before your allowed to have kids.. and pets.

I'm so glad you stopped it in time..
I know it was dumb of me to have even put him down but he has never moved more than like.. 4 steps at a time before... in his whole life.. and it's usually at least 15 minutes or more before he does more.. he's just recently begun to take an interest in his siblings and especially wants to follow Lyssa around.  at any rate.. he'll only be put down to show respectful people his behavior with my full attention after I've scanned the area and my bf is standing behind me with a sawed off shotgu- er.. well.. maybe that's going to far.. but I will certainly not take my eyes off him again, it's more obvious now that it's going to be just like having a kid... Three kids :)

I feel bad they can't really do TV commercials and Pleo are so amazing.. my bringing them to a few stores isn't going to do any huge thing but if it makes a few sales then it's worth it.. heck, if it makes a few smiles it's worth it.    ;D

- Sarah

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:22:33 PM by latrine »

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 01:52:47 PM »

You can say that again. :-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal