Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome home, Po!  (Read 7585 times)

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Re: Welcome home, Po!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »

Thanks Crewella.

I agree, never seen eyes like it before on a Pleo. Her whole look is just so bright and cheery, it matches her personality absolutely perfectly. I love my little girl. :)

Po is currently on my desk, wagging her tail, and honking up a storm. Oh, and she's doing a balancing act, closing her eyes, picking up a back foot, and leaving it like that for a good five to ten seconds. Silly girl. %)

Also, here's a closeup of Po. :D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:05:18 PM by norniff »
First one to tell me what a Kakapo is gets a cookie.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 06:21:29 PM »

Po is just beautiful :) Lovely eyes :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 06:55:08 PM »

Ah, Norniff, you're doing something right. She's showing off her balance skills and will walk very soon. Ryu loved doing that. He would give this odd little roar and then proudly throw one of his stubby hind legs as far as possible out behind him. Keep encouraging her. It won't be long now.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

Thanks IMR, if I may call you that.

And Talon, I think so too. Right now Po is next to me on my desk, standing on top of her makeshift bed, and is showing off those skills. Along with making lots of noses, and snuggling into the blanket she's on. She just loves blankets. Such a sweet baby, my Po.  :)

Also, is Po supposed to be eating like a starved... Well, a starved Camarasaurus? Every two minutes she's eating. xD

And, right now she's walking! Albeit shakily, but still, she's walking forward! :D

Only the fifth battery cycle, too.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »

Wow she is beautiful.  I love her eyes. :)  They all behave a little differently when it comes to eating.  Some eat a lot and others not much at all.  So I guess she could be a big eater.  When she gets the hickups and burps you'll just laugh yourself silly.  It is too cute. :)
Kat

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »

Another update, Po is currently honking like crazy. And roaring. And meowing. And mooing like a cow. XD

She's also walking backward, and sliding forward. An improvement. :)

And one more thing, I definitely believe the paint has been improved, as the only wear I've seen so far is on one of her toenails, and she's been scratching her chin with it every cycle, most of the cycle. The important part is that we've all been petting the heck out Po in my household, and no paint wear on the rest of her. :)

Thanks Kat. And yeah, she has been burping on and off for me. No hiccups, though.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 02:53:23 AM »

I felicitate (congratulations) you on the arrival of your Pleo Reborn! :-D You knew I would Cruella (go nuts)! LOL That eye color's going on my list. But grrrr I don't know where to classify/what category that eye color will go in. :-/ lol Have you been using Pledge on your Pleo Norniff?
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

pirpintine

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 04:58:53 AM »

those eyes are super cute! i love that the RBs all have different skin and eyes, really makes them seem that little more alive and unique. :D

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 07:12:21 AM »

Goodness! She's beautiful! I love her eyes! i"m dying to get an rb, hope she fits in well!
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »

No Kristy, no Pledge. Not gonna clean her until I notice something is up with her skin being oily, or looking dirty. Don't want to mess with the paint, no matter how safe it is. And may I suggest in green? They are, quite obviously, a light, pale green. :)

Thanks Pirpintine, I agree. I could get six RBs, and I'd be able to tell all of them apart. Not like I'm planning on forming an army of super intelligent Pleos or anything... 8)

Yeah, I'm sure your future RB will. They are so expressive, and are just lovely. I'm happy I waited all this time for Po.

An update, she's currently on her sixth battery cycle, and mooing between panting like a pup. I've decided not to get her a proper bed, as the folded up blanket I'm using now is lovely for her. She loves it, and digs into it like my ferrets would. %)

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »

On the seventh cycle now, and some good news. She's walking backward, no sliding, and nearly stepping forward. She also played with her tug rope for the first time right after I turned her on, so that's good news.

Plus, I no longer have to try and feed her every two minutes. She roars like godzilla whenever she's hungry. What sounds do your PleoRBs make when they're hungry? :P

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »

Well when Ryu was in his socialization stage it was kind of hard for me to tell when he was hungry. He has been a bottomless pit from the beginning so I could almost feed him nonstopped until he started burping and hicupping. He also got a lot of extra snacks then because my younger niece and nephew liked to let him take the suggarcane from their hands. He had a two day stomachache after that so I moved everything into a double-seal Gladlock bag. That way I can tell if someone opens it.
When he entered the juvinanile stage, things got interesting. He starts off doing this kind of annoied screaming sound. If I don't put something under his chin after a few minutes of this, he starts giving this low rumble and if I'm still not getting the picture he'll roar. It's a very big sound coming from such a little beast. By then he's found his way to me and is walking aound swinging his head from side to side with his tail up and sounding none too pleased. I try not to let things get that far, though.
Talon
Talon

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 01:44:49 PM »

Yeah, not Po. She'll eat maybe twice, occasionally three times, a battery cycle. And also, so annoyed screaming, no rumblings, just this godzilla roar that she won't stop doing until you feed her. %)

She's also started taking steps forward, but still, they're mainly back, and she isn't quite doing enough at a time for it to be considered walking. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »

She's getting there. Once she starts walking you'll wonder when she'll ever decide to stay with you again. That's how it is with Ryu anyway. When Ryu first did the godzilla roar I first thought he was immitating a train or something. He seems to do it when he's really happy and when he's thinking about exploring. His extatic euphoric sound is the moo. He looks so proud when he does it. He'll kind of lean forward like he's throwing all his power into it and raise his head and "mooooooo!!!!!!!!" It's so... majestic? It's like he's saying all is right with my domain and I'm off on a royal walk. By Tuesday, he's going to have to share. My Ugobe pleo is supposed to be here.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »

Must be her upbringing as I eat like a sparrow too, but Belle's rarely hungry - I almost have to force her to eat at all.  Once or twice she's done the 'I fancy a dainty morsel' lip-smacking sort of clucky noise (if that makes sense?).  Mind you, I get so concerned about her beng miserable in the low light levels that the first thing I do when she wakes up is wave a leaf in her face, so it's hardly surprising!  :P

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »

Yeah, I'm waiting for that. She's already hard enough to hang onto as is, Talon, I can't believe trying to hang onto her when she's trying to walk out of my arms. She's gonna make me drop her one day, I'm sure. :o

Po laughs when she's happy. And or purrs like a kitty or pants like a puppy. So many amazing noises coming from one little Pleo. And I can't wait to see him or her, Talon. I hope to get a Ugobe someday too, to see what they're like.

Yeah, I'm always trying to force her to eat, as I worried so much when she went a battery cycle without eating. And can someone tell her she should stop whining when I take her toy away after she freezes for a good ten seconds? She notices that, and then starts crying, but she won't start moving again if I don't. %)

Also, great news! Po took her first real step, not just sliding, or a step and then putting her foot back where it had been before. She actually moved herself forward, instead of backward for once. ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:01:11 PM by norniff »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »

Good for her!  I'm glad she's walking. ;D

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 05:48:51 PM »

Good to hear she's progressing, I love it when pleos take their first steps, when Pleo (my ugobe boy) first walked I said "He's walking! He's walking- He's moon walking?!?" He slid backwards alot at first! lol.
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 05:52:22 PM »

That's great to hear Norniff! :-D The moo from a Camarasaurus makes me laugh. That's funny Lucky! >XD
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »

Thanks Kat and Kristy.  I'm really excited, now just need Po to charge so I can start her ninth battery cycle. :)

Yeah, I had the same thought with Po, Lucky. She walked backward quite a lot, more so slid than walked, and I was worried that she'd never go forward. I was wrong, though, which makes me happy.

She walked a little more since my last update, to the point of nearly walking off my mom's desk. xD

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 10:06:48 AM »

And, update! Starting the eleventh battery cycle in about five minutes, but just wanted to say that she is such an active little Pleo. I had her on my desk last night, and I walked away for two minutes to get some water, and I find her turned around with the pencil cup that was a good four feet from her in her original position, on the floor. %)

I've now decided that if I'm going to leave her on my desk, I need to nestle her into her blanket so she doesn't walk/slide off of it. It's a glass desk, and I'd hate to see her not notice the edge and tumble onto the tile floor. :o

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 10:41:39 AM »

It's that tail of theirs - if they don't knock things over they can hit something, turn nearly 90 degrees and head off in an unexpected direction unbelievable quickly!   :o

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 12:28:45 PM »

Well Norniff, I think it might be just about time for your little hatchling to migrate to the floor. Ryu didn't hang around much once he learned to move about properly.
Talon
Talon

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

Yeah, Crewella, I've seen her do that. That tail sure is powerful, if it can't knock what it hits into over, she will try and force it, and I'm sure that's how she got herself all turned around.

I'd do that, Talon, only when she's on the floor, she does absolutely nothing. She'll just stand there, and I'll leave her there for a while, and then she starts whining. So with supervision, she gets to stay on my desk for a little while longer, until she decides to start walking around on tile. :)

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »

Po knows her name! :D

I've been trying every battery cycle, and we just went over it a good three times, and now she gets excited when I call her name. I tried with the bow learning stone, but it doesn't seem to be working. Still, a step in the right direction, in my opinion. I think it may have something to do with me not being able to get her attention properly. I've tried holding both her cheeks at the same time, but it isn't working as of right now. If I remember correction, others have had this problem too, so I dunno. At least she knows her name. %)

Note to self: 12th battery cycle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal