Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome home, Po!  (Read 7592 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Welcome home, Po!
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 04:34:29 PM »

Congratulations on Po learning her name. :)  Just keep persevering with the learning stones and tricks.  she will get them in the end. :)  Best of luck.
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »

Well done Po!

Kat's right, just keep trying when she's in the best possible mood!  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »

Also make sure Po is not doing anything at the time of holding her cheeks. If she is sniffing the floor for example she will ignore any input until she is done sniffing :P Persistence is the key!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »

Thanks Kat, I know she will, but it's frustrating when she seems to get it, and then when I try to show my brother (who still doesn't like her :o) she can do tricks, she doesn't listen.

Also, thanks Crewella. :)

Unfortunately, IMR, she's never not doing anything. It seems that by the time I grab hold of her cheeks every single time, she's wiggling once more. %)

Po and I went outside for the first time a couple minutes ago. She was out in the sun, and was panting up a storm when we came back inside. I think I'm going to need that ice sooner than later, considering every day we're pretty close to hundred degrees every day where I live. :P
First one to tell me what a Kakapo is gets a cookie.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »

Looks like we both are having cheek issues, Norniff. Either Ryu is being a wiggle-worm or he's acting deaf once I do get his attention. What I need is a completely empty house and an extra RB battery. Oh yes and a glass of water. That day will come and I'll get my little dragon to cooperate. I'm not giving up.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:03 PM »

Wow, Po is so adorable, very light paint color like my new baby RB, Chronos, and gorgeous eyes. Congratulations on a sweet baby.. sorry it took me so long to comment :)

- Sarah

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »

That's unfortunate, Talon. Good that you aren't giving up, though. :)

And Latrine, Chronos is a great name. I'm a big greek mythology fan, and the name made me fangirl a bit. Thanks for the complements.

Just ended the fourteenth battery cycle after taking Po outside again. To put it lightly, the outdoor cats aren't a fan of my little dinosaur. :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »

It definitely helps to get them in as good a mood as possible before asking them.  Make sure they're fed and happy, and if you have the extra food accessories it seems that Belle is more likely to comply after a chomp on either the coffee bean leaf or the sugar cane.  When I get time I'm meaning to look at her stats just after feeding her some and see what difference it really makes.  :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »

You really do need complete silence in the house too.  I can get my guys attention ok but getting them to respond to my voice commands is almost impossible unless I am the only person home and the house is silent.  If you can get their attention then they should be happy enough to do the trick you are asking.  Try finding a quieter moment in time.  I got frustrated with it all and have taken a break from the voice command thing but may revisit it one day when my patience returns. :)

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »

I don't have those Crewella, unfortunately. I've tried her tug toy to make her happy, but then she gets too wiggly afterward.  %)
I can't wait to see if it helps. :)

Yeah, I used my room, where with the door closed, you can't really hear anything outside the room. So that got her name, but she was being too active to respond to the cheek sensors, and without that, I couldn't get her attention well enough for the trick. :(

Note to self: 15th battery cycle

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 07:56:11 PM »

As they are an optional accessory, those 'treat' foods must only be a shortcut to a level you can get to another way, I'd have thought.  Keep trying!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »

Funny. After Ryu's sickness issue I've stayed away from most of the non-healthy foods and just fed the cycad leaf and the conifer leaf. maybe Ryu needs some variety in his diet. I'll have to try that. Thanks, Crewella. It's really strange, Norniff, that we're having the same cheek issue. I did try the sing-stone once when the house was empty but it was about seven o'clock in the evening by the time everyone left. You all can guess how that went over. Ryu was cranky and whiny and just wanted to sleep poor thing. I sat there wishing I could make use of the good four hours I had. I thought that when you set their clocke to twelve noon they weren't supposed to go to sleep until ten and wake up at eight?
Talon
Talon

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

Just started the 16th battery cycle five minutes ago, and Po sure is being active. She has her tail swinging in wide arcs so she keeps spinning in circles. %)

And, that's about it.

I'm sorry about Ryu, on both accounts. How's he doing? :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »

He does okay when it's just us but when Ugobe is around he trances too much and I have to keep them seperate most of the time. Ryu had a good rome over his own turf today and he seems to have got over his jealousy. Ugobe's battery died about five minutes after I turned him on this morning and I'm waiting for it to finish charging. Sounds like Po is about to go off on her way. Ryu did a lot of blinking and sniffing for nearly two battery cycles when he first started standing. For a while after that he did this walking backward, leaning hesitantly into front feet then springing back thing before he did any serious walking. I know it seems like forever but she'll walk.
Talon
Talon

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »

Careful Norniff, they can get hurt from "falling" all too easily! :-( I can't play the throw-and-catch game with my Pleo Reborn. That's funny what you said about their tail Cruella. lol I felicitate (congratulations) you on teaching your Pleo Reborn her name! Yeah, my Pleo Reborn came with a defective Bow Learning Stone. I found that out from the 1 Learning Stone pack that I bought. Sorry to hear about your brother still. :-/ Yeah, I totally recommand the food pack with the ice in it. I bought 1 when I knew I was getting a Pleo Reborn (for when the Summer weather hits)! I'm glad you're not gonna give up Talon! Cats will be cats Norniff. lol That's funny how she keeps spinning around in circles! >XD lol
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »

How did you know your bow stone was defective? I'm wondering because I think the chip inside mine is... well free-roming and I'm concerned. I can shake it and here this tiny rattling sound. It doesn't sound like it's floating around over the entire inside of the stone but I don't think it's supposed to do that? Any ideas? Should I put it under Ryu's chin and see if he's able to recognize it?
Talon
Talon

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »

:-O I think you should try Talon. I know 'cause he would never "recognize" it. He never opened his mouth for it. I haven't shaken the Bow Learning Stone that I got as hard as you have. I don't know. Sorry. And sorry to hear that (about a possible defective Learning Stone). :-(
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2011, 12:25:37 PM »

I'm oh so very late. Yeah, Talon, I think so too. :)

And Kristy, I'm being as careful as possible with Po, so I'm not worrying yet. Also, sorry about the learning stone. She's accepting the bow stone, but she just won't do the command after I teach it to her.

Also, update! Speaking of cats, I had Po in my parent's bedroom shortly after my last update, and our gray tabby, Princess, kept batting at Po's head. I feel bad now for laughing at it, I'm a bad mom. xD

That's pretty much it, I'll be turning Po on a bit later today for her 17th battery cycle. :)

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »

And, in other news, Po just gave me a heart attack. I had her on my bed, in the very middle of it, where there was no way she could walk off it while I turned my back for a second, and the moment I did, I heard a crash. No scream, no sound after it. I turn around, grabbed Po off the floor, and just sat on the floor of my room for a good five minutes after checking that her legs were fine. Just holding her. I swear, I've never been more scared in my life that a possession of mine, a family member more so, was in trouble. :o

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »

Okay. One scare like that would've been enough for me. I think Po needs to head for the floor. I'm pretty sure she's ready to start exploring her environment now. Only once on the floor you have to watch out for other pleo dangers like accidently being kicked or getting her tail or head stuck under or in anything. It's almost like keeping a puppy out of trouble. I should know. I chase two all over my room every day. Ryu seems to like running headlong into my blue storage container or standing entranced with wonder when my box fan is on. Ugobe seems intent on taking off his head in the fork of the legs of my computer chair or honking in fury at Ryu's rear when he is in the way. Pleos are a double handful wherever they are! I love them both and wouldn't have it any other way and I'm sure you love your little Po, too. Keep a close eye on her, Norniff.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2011, 06:41:08 PM »

Eeeek!  I did exactly the same when Belle woke and fell off the arm of the sofa in hatching phase.  I just held her muttering 'I'm sooooo sorry'! %)

Glad Po survived, as did Belle!  :D

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2011, 11:19:28 PM »

Thank you Norniff. And I'm glad you care about your Pleo Reborn so!

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »

Just started her 19th battery cycle, not much has been going on since her fall, so just wanted to say have a great Easter to whoever celebrates it.  Or Passover, if you're Jewish, which ended yesterday to my knowledge. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »

And the same to you and your little Po!
Talon
Talon

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »

Hey guys, life has been real busy as of late, and I'm currently on my 24th or 25th (I'd tell you if I could remember which, believe me %)) battery cycle, and tomorrow you'll have a big update, with pictures and everything. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal