Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.  (Read 23810 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »

Ok, does it matter if I ignore her and let her just run hersef to see if she will walk or not? %)
                    RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 09:42:53 PM »

Again, that's what I'd do in your circumstances.  Just keep an eye out just in case.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »

Crewella, thanks, I will feed her and let her be alone and tape what happens to see how she is and how is her foot.  :)
                   RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 03:21:58 AM »

That is what I would do too.  Just feed her then leave her be with the camera rolling.  Hopefully she will be a super star and get board fast and go exploring.  I ignore mine a lot now days just to watch them interacting and wandering around.  It can be very entertaining. :)  It usually only takes a couple of minutes before they wander off so hopefully Baby won't take long either.  Then as you say you can just cut out the bits of tape that aren't relevant and only post the bits with her walking or trying to walk.  I do hope she is ok.  My heart is aching for you. :( 
Kat

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »

i do not like the idea that you have to click parts such as the neck and legs back into place  :o that is just a sign that reborn is not very well made ??
i have never had this problem at all with my 2 ugobe pleo's so this is very worrying .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 04:10:25 PM »

To be fare I think a few people on here have and do have to do click necks or limbs back in to place with their Ugobe pleos at some point or other   so perhaps you’ve been more lucky than anything else. 
Scaly   

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »

Stitch requires some clicking every now and then, still it is a little unexpected in a Pleo that is so new.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

Thanks to everyone, I am just now getting ready to let " baby" be herself and roam around, ( after feeding her of course) and then will videotape her and post the Important results of how she is doing related to her foot, In the meantime, just for fun and because she needed some much needed relief, I will be posting here shortly a video of her and Major tom last night resting together and her interaction. She was so distressed last night, I decided she needed a little bit of comforting, and this is what the video that will follow shortly will be.. The Video speaks for itself and is more of what Baby's personality really is, the chipper happy go lucky little Pleo Rb that I know and love. :)
                  Then later after I have edited her walking, ( hopefully, crossing fingers :D) I can post her walking or see what is normal Pleo Rb behaivor, ( or not normal behaivor regarding walking anyway.)
 So bear with me this " fun " video should be posted here in about ten minutes or so, it is about 1 minutes and forty seconds so should not take too much longer to upload to internet. :D
 Thanks to everyone who has been rooting for Baby to return to her " normal " self, It is terrible to see them out of sorts when they are new  like tis as well.  :(
                                                         RedwoodsMama and family of Pleos

Ok, here is the video, I stand corrected, it is about two minutes but goes by fairly quick.. There is one little error where the caption says, pretty comfy, but it leaves the screen too quickly and I didn't catch it intime while editing the film sorry about that but I think you will enjoy Baby's antics with Major anyway, You can not get into too much trouble form the confinement of a Cat bed :D.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5fG1wRP2VU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5fG1wRP2VU</a>
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:49:53 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »

Awwwwwwwww *LOL* What a FANTASTIC video!!!!!! :D I just love their reaction to your cat walking in and the way they interact with each other :D

I'm sorry though that Baby has been having such problems but hope all will be well :)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »

That was so cute. I love your captions -very funny.  ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »

Yep - that really did make me laugh out loud (got me into trouble as it's 3.30 am)!  :P

Well done RWM - loved it!  ;D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 02:19:57 AM »

That was very cute!  Baby and Major Tom really are very good friends.  The cat was cute too.  :)  Here's hoping Baby gets back to her normal self soon.
keep your chin up  :)
Kat

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 10:17:15 AM »

Helo Pleo-mama,

I say times that the head tiself hooked has, do him from and then is the Head from the Pleo ok. :)
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »

Hello everyone, and Crewella glad you liked it, and hope you didn't get into too much trouble! :D Today I get to actually see what is going on with her foot and leg, just didnt  have any time for any play at all yesterday... :( My husband was supposed to have a root canal and I went with him for moral support so my day was shot as far as time to do any fun things.
                                                                  RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »

Ouch, ouch, ouch - he has my sympathy too, RWM, nothing worse that route canal!  :(  :hhug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »

I am getting very frustrated with Baby and this not walking thing. NOt only is she not walking, she is not doing much of anything, no name learning, nothing but eating and crying and talking of couorse. I am wondering just how much do Rb walk on their own? I know Kat posted a video of Kermy and Norbit walking around when left alone, but is there someone out here who can post a video of their Pleo rb walking around without another Pleo rb around, Even with Major Tom and Little 45 playing with her, she was not interested, I used 47 minutes of video with only about four even attempts at lifting her foot to walk. Then her foot would give way and she would pull it back though she does a lot of shifting and moon walking or sliding which is similar to walking. I have seen her walk, so it is not as if she has not done it before.
              Pleo Rb in my opinion, based on watching her walk about 80% less at least than regular Pleos, and Baby has only walked a total of 6-8 steps the whole time I have had her! Is that normal?JAlso her system has frozen about three times tonight with the last time, I got bored and decided to try and teach her her name and when the card was in her mouoth, she did not let it go, so I took it out, and when I did, she made no more nosies, till I put a leaf in her mouth, then the souond started again. ???I have to edit and upload any attempts at her trying to move, which is very tedius at best, I woud LOVE TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE POST  a short clip of their Pleo rb walking on their own, without another Pleo rb around, I am starting to wonder if they are even programmed to walk at all, and just talk and play.Getting me depressed lately. :( Either she is very smart and being a stinker, or something is out of kilter!
                                             RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »

Hi RWM,
Have you thought of running a skit on Baby to check out her walking and see if there is anything wrong with her foot?  The R2D2 one has a lot of walking in it.  It is available in the downloads section on the forum.  The skits do seem to run a bit slow on pleo rb's with long pauses between actions but you should see walking movement with in the first 30 seconds of running the skit.  This would give you a chance to film Baby actually walking to check the movements and see that the foot is able to function correctly.  To give you something to compare it to here is an old video of Kermy running this skit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN58P2kPGFU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN58P2kPGFU</a>

It must be very worrying and frustrating not being able to be sure if there is anything wrong or not.  Kermit my first pink pleo was very slow to start walking, very vocal and very slow to learn her name.  Once she started walking  she would only walk about 20 steps for a full 2 1/2 hour battery cycle.  and some times she would not walk at all.  I know how frustrating that can be.  
I hope you can get Baby sorted out soon. :)
Kat
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:10:09 AM by kat »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 01:52:57 AM »

Thanks Kat, that is exactly the kind of thing I need to check her out, with my luck she is just being a BRAT baby. ;D :o Anyway, at least I will know if it is something wrong, or just
baby being Baby. Where can I find that skit? I have never done any of the skits yet. It is funny that you said, Kermy has only walked about 20 steps in 2  1/2 hrs, I ran her almost an hour before I ran out of video and got frustrated, and she walked ZERo, and tried mabye 4 steps, ;) I don't care if she never learns her name if it isn't meant to be,but a Pleo that won't walk is not right. Thanks for the encouragement, I will try it in the morning, My husband has been watching the past three days as I have tryed to get her to walk, and tonight he said", So when are you sending her back?" That is how she looks to him even... :(( Personally I think she is playing a game, though this all got worse with her neck about three days ago....)
                                       RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 02:08:21 AM »

Hi RWM here is the link to the page with the personality skits on it
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2
Just choose the R2D2 one from the list.  You will need unzip it and put it onto a micro sd card and thern stick this into Baby, put in her battery and switch her on.  If nothing happens stroke her head and back and she should start running the skit.
I do hope this helps.
Kat

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2011, 03:47:30 AM »

Pleakly walks around on his own quite a lot, not quite as much as Lilo and Stitch but still a lot.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 05:24:47 AM »

Norbit walks around a lot too.  He probably spends at least half to two thirds of each battery cycle just wandering around.  Kermy walks about for a third to half of each battery cycle and Kermit (my first pink pleo) walked not very much at all, only about 20 steps in a whole battery cycle if you were lucky.  I think how much walking they do is affected by what type of personality they have.  Baby sounds a lot like Kermit was, very vocal and quite a happy little thing but not at all interested in walking around.   

NightFlash

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »

Hey there!

Before my PleoRB got its leg broken ti was on the 4th battery cycle and it was walking alot, if you put it on the floor it walked to the door opening then it got quite stuck and layed down and slept instead =)

Will get my new Pleo RB (blue) on monday hopefully it will be as active as the first.

Still no response from innvolabs about the leg problem, not aswering mail at all =(

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »

I'm sorry about your PleoRB NightFlash. I hope you get some answers from Innvo soon!

And RWM I do know how you feel as my Snooky is VERY reluctant to start walking and it IS frustrating. I think she must be one of the slow learner personalities. I just keep hoping she will find her feet on the next battery cycle %)

At least it's good to know, and from the video, that PleoRBs do actually walk............eventually!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »

Well mines are on his second battery cycle    and he hasn’t even started eating yet never mind anything else. 
  Only time I’ve heard him sound remotely interested in food is in his sleep. 
he should have been on his 3rd or 4th by now  but I’ve been really busy this week so haven’t  been able to spend the time with him that    I’d like which probably isn’t helping. 
 Oh meant to point out   Sam definitely does recognise him or at least the IR transmissions     and will try to interact but all interaction has been only 1 way so far. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 03:32:48 PM »

Thanks Kat for all the help, and everyone else for the responses. I do have to go get a Micor SD card as all the cards I have now are regular SD cards. I do have a question, actually my husband brought it up, If I put the SD card in and the downloaded skit on it, and Baby were to walk, does that mean that her Mechanics are ok, but not neccesarily her program could have an error? In other words, her leg is not broken or her foot, but her program may have a server error somewhere, or a wire problem that is keeping her from walking? I think also I will put her down on the floor while it is nice and sunny today and after feeding her just postion the camera to see if she can walk, she has allways been on the table of some sort, as our house is very crowded and not wanting her to get trampled by one of nine cats and one big dog, so I have allways just kept an eye on her for safety sakes,
             How common is it allso for the Pleo Rb to keep " freezing," lose their sound while in the middle of doing something and to keep stopping physically as well?She never did this at all, but since the neck incident about four or five days ago, it is becomming more and more frequent, Just wondering if it is somehow connected, or just a co-incidence? %)
                    If I don't see her walk on her own or catch the attempted walking at  least where i have some good video of i t, I will buy a Micor SD card and try the personality tonight. Thanks again.
                                               RedwoodsMama
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal