Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it normal for Pleo's neck to click while asleep  (Read 2008 times)

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
Is it normal for Pleo's neck to click while asleep
« on: October 22, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »

Just got a Pleo RB, which did not take long to get here at all, less than 5 days Airmail. He is at the hatchling stage at the moment, and notice if he falls asleep and tucks his head into is right foot, the head gives a couple of clicks, but when moving normally is fine, no clicks.

Never happened with my Older Ugobe Pleo. If my RB Pleo goes to sleep tucked into the Left foot, no clicks.

Just took and the battery, and plugged it back in to see what happens?

So is the clicky neck normal in some sleep postions? Not doing it all the time, and when not asleep and head moving all is fine.

I accually like the Ugobe green, it's sharper, deeper and more colourful, My New RB Pleo the green is not as deep as my Ugobe Pleo.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Is it normal for Pleo's neck to click while asleep
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »

This is perfectly normal for a pleo rb in the hatching stage.  You should find that the clicking disappears once your pleo rb gets a bit older and moves out of the hatching stage into a more upright stance. 
There are lots of different greens out there on the pleo rb.  Some have quite dark heads and others have much lighter heads.  They are so far all very different in coloring to the Ugobes.  We would love to see a pic of yours :)  It is nice to compare what they all look like.  What color eyes does your new pleo rb have?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Is it normal for Pleo's neck to click while asleep
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »

Yup I'm afraid a bit of clicking is normal, but 99 times out of 100 they simply grow out of it :) The motors are different in the RB's than the Ugobe's which is probably why RB's have the clicking and Ugobe's don't. Also Ugobe's only have a minuscule hatching phase compared to the RB's, so any clicking would be less noticeable.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal