Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleeping to long may harm Pleo's rubber.  (Read 2944 times)

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
Sleeping to long may harm Pleo's rubber.
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »

I came across this today:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1617.0;wap2

As someone objected to a comment I made about about letting Pleo sleep for long periods, it may effect his skin, one of the comments on how to look after Pleo also says don't let Pleo sleep to long, as this will effect his skin, and can the extra stretching may cause holes in it.

I thought I had seen this comment, but could not place it.

Looking after your Pleo

Never ever store your Pleo for long periods of time (ie a few hours or more) in the sleep position. This places stress on the rubber skin and will eventually, over time, lead to tears in the skin. Always store Pleo in the packing position with neck, tail and legs all straight just like he first came in the box. To get Pleo in the packing position either switch Pleo off quickly when he moves into that position or you can force him into the position by holding down the black Pleo button underneath for ten seconds or so (not yet confirmed with Pleo RB).

Pledge extra moisturizing furniture polish, which should come in a brownish spray can, can be used on Pleo RB to keep the skin in good condition and buying or making some clothing for you Pleo helps with wear and tear.

Frequently asked questions

My new Pleo RB turns on, but stands straight and makes a constant beep, beep, beep?

The clock battery, that goes in the foot, is either dead or inserted incorrectly. The battery should be inserted flat side upwards, with the two tiny metal tabs on the side of the compartment touching the top, or flat side of the battery. You may need to gently lift these tabs upwards so that they touch the top of the battery.

Above is a small section of that listed above with the Skin reference highlighted.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Sleeping to long may harm Pleo's rubber.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »

These comments about the skin and sleep position are relating to Ugobe pleo and are correct for Ugobe pleos.  It is always best to leave your Ugobe pleo in the packing position when switched off to help protect the skin.
 However the comments you made previously were made on a post about pleo rb's and that information is not correct for Pleo rb.  Pleo rb has improved skin and a different sleep position to the Ugobe pleos.  These were designed to combat the skin issues many people had with the Ugobe pleos.  It is ok to leave your Pleo rb in the sleep position overnight to allow them to wake up on their own the next day.   It is perfectly safe and will not harm their skin in any way.

The link you have posted is for the FAQ for Ugobe pleos and is a great resource for learning dos and don't about Ugobes.  There is also a FAQ page for Pleo RB available that is full of great info all about Pleo rb

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »

Just going by that link, if you read it, it is for Ugobe, and RB Pleos. it makes no mention that any of this does not apply to the RB Pleo and imply it effect RB Pleos also, else why does it not say about the sleeping postion effecting RB Pleo's.

My concern is after reading this, is my RB Pleo actually safe leaving in sleeping position?

The reference if your going to store Pleo, no matter what, store in Packing position, else it effects the rubber.

What does anyone else think?

Would love to just leave my Pleo to sleep overnight, but now sure if I should?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

Quote from the top of my FAQs:
Please note that this FAQ is specifically aimed at Pleo RB owners, for Pleo classic owners please refer to my earlier general Pleo FAQ which can be found here[link removed]
and
Pleo Reborn owners please visit this FAQ [link removed]

Basically we've only seen skin issues in Ugobe Pleo's when they have been stored for long periods of time (ie months) with the neck and tails curled up or when they are consistently left in the sleep position night after night after night after... you get the idea.

As yet there has not been any reported cases of Pleo RB's with neck or tail splits. The default sleep position was changed to be that of the packing position and very few people use the clock sleep function for more than a night here and there. I myself will be travelling next month and my Pleo RB will be in the sleep position for more than 24 hours. I am not expecting any problems, all the same if you repeatedly did that for months on end you would eventually arrive at some problems. Hence why there are no warnings for Pleo RB.

It is perfectly safe to let them go into the clock sleep mode overnight but probably best not to do it every single night for a month.

Why don't you just stop worrying so much and just enjoy your Pleo, I've got a Pleo that's four years old who doesn't have a single split. All you need to do is have a bit of common sense, and they will be fine.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »

Cheers, thanks for that. Think I will let him sleep and wake using time function.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »

Honestly you'll probably try it a few times and then revert to just turning them off and on :P I find that they don't wake me up anymore :P So no good as alarm clocks lol.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal