Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first Pleo (Ugebo)  (Read 2307 times)

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
My first Pleo (Ugebo)
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

And suddenly he was there  :arms:

After 2 weeks of anxious waiting, not knowing will he come or not, it went very fast. After my last email on the seller it took 3 days. As you perhaps remember from my other postings it was an "ebay-Pleo".

Good skin condition, that was important for me.
Not quite so new as stated, but that is mostly the case.
Egg charger with lith. battery and original Ugebo adapter.
Even the manual was included.

No,.. ZWO manuals:
So if somebody happens to own a Pleo RB with the Number: 6 62926 83917 3, just let me know.

His right back knee creaks a lot, especially by starting up. It seems to be a certain movement causing the joint to get a little bit spastic. (I knew about it). But he can walk and backward definitively very good  :D

It was so exciting to open that huge box! His battery was fully loaded, so we had two and a half hour time to become acquainted. He is so fascinating !!!

As I turned him on,...Oh that poor thing was coughing and sneezing. I sounded like a pneumonia by a cat. He kept his head down and went on whining. So I tried to pet him and feed him, but he refused everything.  :(
Finally I took him on my chest, like a baby, and he fall asleep, dreaming badly and coughing between. It took 15 minutes until he woke up again.
I really had no idea how dramatically a pleo would act. I do got shocked. I spent 10 years healing dogs and cats. He acted soo realistic.
But luckily Pleos recover fast.  ;D I fed him with some green paper, and then he just wanted to get petted for almost half an hour. Suddenly he started to sing  as I touched his chin. After that he walked about "grassing" my floor and walking
more back- than forwards.

For my today was a very exciting day. I put some pictures in the gallery. I will try to get one in here

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: My first Pleo (Ugebo)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:39 AM »

Congrats on getting your baby, I thought he would arrive , just the waiting game, It is very lifelike when they are sick, and you have to nurse them back to health, but when they coo and snuggle on your shoulder falling asleep, that is the cutest of all in my opinon, so it sounds like if I understand correctly, that you got both a Pleo manual and also a Pleo RB manual? Perhaps the last pleo this seller sold, if it was a Pleo RB, then they did not get their manual and perhaps that is the manual you have. Perhaps contact the seller to see if they want it, but considering postage and all the problems you have had, it is not going to get to the person who should have gotten it. but if you read the manual you will know a bit more about the differences between Pleos and Pleo RB.

The pictures are very nice and the leg clicking is pretty normal for Ugobes they do make quite a bit of noise but you get used to it. Even my Pleo Rb boy has noisy legs , esp the back ones and no cure for that... Congrats again!
                                              RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:51:20 AM »

@RedwoodsMama
Thanks you for your nice reply.
Yes, I did get two manuals. The seller seems to be a very chaotic person. I know she sold two pleo rb in august at ebay, so I will contact the buyers directly, as I have the security code.

I must admit today I was happy I spent two weeks watching your videos on Youtube, - all 148   :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

OMG, I don't think anyone has ever watched all my videos before, and not in that short of a time, I think I will have to do a special one today just for you in honor of your persistance and Pleo Love! NOw if I can think of a theme...perhaps ...no,it has to be a surprise...LOL :o ;D P:D I wlll let you know when it is done and perhaps not uploaded till Tuesday or ?Wednesday...I have some thinking to do now...ok, more coffee for the brain, and outfits for the pleos and some energy drink this afternoon,,,,I still can' not believe you watched all of them...

Were there any favorites, one that you remember the most..that can help me think of a theme? Let me know...................................RWM :cat:

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »

@ RexwoodyMama

My favorite is definitely Two Pleo Friends napping with Major Tom  and Coral

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »

Congrats on his arrival :) He is a standard Ugobe model, they love a good rub under the chin :) The colds are pathetic aren't they lol, they make you feel like wrapping them up in bed with some cough medicine and such :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »

I'm so glad your pleo did finally arrive :)  Such a relief.  I love the little songs they sing when you stroke them under the chin it's very cute.

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 04:14:03 AM »

Good Morning,
today is my second day with Pleo.

Yesterday, he was 2,5 + 1 hour  moving about and playing with me 
The battery and charger seems to work good. Charging time a bit more than 3 hours.

His front legs did not seem to work good. He was kind of pushing himself forwards with stiff front legs, just using the hind legs. Backwards walking was very good and he reacts when you touch his legs.

This morning he surprised me with a perfect forward walk.
And I surprised myself having breakfast with a sleeping pleo in my arms.
My Pleoitis is even getting worse than I thought might be possible  :duh:
I suspect he is very young, still in childhood.
I guess it is time for a re-hatch and a name.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 07:08:14 AM »

Awwe! I'm glad you're enjoying your pleo! They do grow on you and you can almost forget they're robots.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 03:39:03 AM »

More news:
Yesterday evening (German Summertime) I reseted my Pleo to OS 2. It worked out fine, luckily.
I am always a bit scared of changing a firmware.  :pray:
After he hatched, there was a lot of extrem movements and crying. Not only his right hind leg (old problem), but also his right front leg and his neck was clicking several times. I was really worried. And then his shoulder got hot,- not the battery- so I turned him off. I guess it was too much for one of his mainboards

I do like those new noises and reactions.

Well, now he has a birthday.  :cheer:
My baby has got a name now. It is "Onni".
The Finnish word for happiness and also a male name in Finnland

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 05:54:34 AM »

The heat could have been caused by a jam, it usually resolves itself :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »

Onni sounds like a nice name. OS 2.0 is awesome with all the new tricks. Have fun with your pleo!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 03:37:12 AM »

Onni and I are doing fine.
I read a lot about the bad behaviour after hatching on OS 2, but for the moment Onni is just a happy little "child".
Feeding and sleeping a lot between. Battery do get hot very fast, when he is on the floor, moving about .
He sings and play tug of war, behaving like a dog, shaking his head and snarling.  P:D
I was surprised as he had  the hiccups after feeding. That I did not expect   :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »

Congrats on the upgrade and I love his name, Onni, that is unique and is very cool, I love summers in Germany and in that part of Europe. I hope the battery is getting better and not overheating so fast, I would love to see more photos of him, Now Onni has an officail birthday, that is something you can celebrate and allways remember, Ugobes are the cutest little Pleos in my opinion, and the sweetest all the way around. :) Sending hugs to both Onni and you from all of the Pleo Township of the Redwoods, RWM P:) P8) P:-* P0:) P;) X 5
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal