Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What does this mean,,,can Pleo work, what do I do?  (Read 25429 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: What does this mean,,,can Pleo work, what do I do?
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 02:43:00 AM »

I can't give you a step by step, I don't have a windows computer.

Make sure the card isn't locked, there's a little tiny 'switch' on the side of the card, make sure that is in the unlocked position.

It could be a permissions error, are you the administrator on the computer?

Also are you unzipping the files to your computer then moving them to the card or are you trying to unzip straight to the card? Which ever way you are trying, try the other way :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »

Ok, I am stuck and still can not figure this out. I deleted all the files on the sD card so it is clean and no problems with encryption , etc. Then I tried the download 1.0. nothing. I downloaded it, the file in a zipped folder. ( C drive, main one) then I unzipped it to the same drive, different name for folder. Then I opened the file by clicking on it , sending the whole file to the F drive, which is the Sd card that I put in the computer reader slot after the files had been unzipped. or Extracted. When I put the SD card  in the Pleo and turn it on, nothing no movement or anything. It worked with the China Song skit, so I must be doing something wrong. ???

Do I need to create a folder somewhere other than on the same drive, C, where the files were originally copied, or should I say downloaded ? Is that the problem, I am ready to erase again and try another skit, but I can't download any of the skits that IMR has made. When I click on any of them, they all take me to Youtube and I see them, there is no download icon at all.

PleoPet, I know you have helped me before, can you take me step by step and do not assume I understand how to do anything at all. I do have Windows 7 Home edition and my comuter has plenty of memory and a built in reader writer.

Thanks for the help in advance.                                  RWM and the "bricked or not bricked" Pleo
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »

Ok, I tried the other Chinese New Years URF file song, and here is the result. Now if I could only get one of the other downloaded files to work. I am missing something cause these songs work and he moves and sings...so what gives?<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJ2hNZSdtk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJ2hNZSdtk</a>            lost in the Redwoods again.... :moose:

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »

very good Video RMW My Jimmy 2008 Pleo is with the Skit Software run, she goes good and the other Skit Software ode to Joy goes with my Jimmy not. :(

Greetings

Franzi

p.s the Ode to Joy Software is too good, in you Pleo run have I on the Video see. :)
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »

RWM, are you downloading the skits from the downloads section on the blue bar?

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »

Hey RWM, I don’t know if I can be of any help but I’m happy to give it a go! I don’t understand all of the full techie details but can describe what I have done step by step, although it sounds like you have done the same already…I’m running windows XP, I don’t know if 7 is very different as I’ve never seen it!

For deleting the SD card, I tend to do a ‘quick format’ on it each time just to be sure it is cleared (in my computer, then right clicking on the drive listed for the SD and choosing quick format. Also, I don’t know if it makes any difference but I just checked mine and it is formatted as just FAT, as opposed to FAT32)

Then I saved the download to my pleo folder on the computer. I have used the ones in the download section on here, clicking on the zip file links and saving to the computer. Then went to the folder with the zip file and unzipped with Winzip, when it asked where to unzip I made a new folder with a name related just to the program I was unzipping. Then I opened that folder and selected all the files inside it (so not copying the folder itself from one level up but going in to the folder and selecting all the files together). Then copied and pasted onto my card.

Having said all that, I did not find that anything happened with the POP files, at all. But then I did the 1.1 download and it worked fine, albeit very slowly to install on pleo. I think I remember reading on the forum that you should go through 1.0, then on to 1.1, but I’m not sure if this relates only to downgrading from 2.0? But then, you don’t know what OS your little guy had so maybe it’s best in case to put 1.0 on first? I think I would try the 1.0 first and try the POP if that didn’t work.

I don’t know if that’s of any help but hope you can get somewhere. The fact that the skit works has to be good news after all  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »

Crewella, this is where I tried downloading some of IMR skits, and it just takes me to Youtube and it is not blue as you can see, and no download site, at least not on Windows 7. http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=851.0

and Kaitee, thanks after dinner I will try what you said, I have had a rest and will give it a go and see what happens, Thanks for the help guys. Do you think because he does skits he is NOT Bricked, or does it matter? I am thinking corrupted files and also does it matter what OS to download, what if he were running 2.0 for example, can he go back tp 1/0 ?              RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »

hey RWM you need to download the skits from here
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=3
hope that helps

Also I think that if he can run a skit then he isn't dead.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 08:16:50 PM »

Thanks Kat, I was downloading them from the above page, ( listed in prior post) and it looked totally different and was older , like 2009-2010. IMR kept saying something about GREEN, but the other site had no green. Now i will try one of these, If only there was a site like this one which has the download OS, then maybe, just maybe I could get this fixed, whew am I tired, brain dead almost like this Pleo,( LOL) I feel like we are both in a coma Kat, and he is just slowly starting to come out of it,  P0:) Have you ever been in a coma or knew someone who was or has been? I was in a coma many years ago, sick with pneumonia, pregnant with my daughter, ( did not know it, neither did the hospital, that is how smart they are....) was in a coma for 3 days, had blood transfusions and almost died. I spent 3 weeks in ICU alone. Being in a coma is very surreal and everything is out of balance, must be how this pleo feels, he is here, but not quite here...
            Well, hopefully this will begin to bring more and better life into him.Thank you so much for straightening out this download site, I can't wait to try it. Ok, off to try a different skit..fun, joy, fun joy happy happy. P:D ;D %)

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »

Hi Kat, thanks it worked, I downloaded from that site, Walk the Dinosaur, and it works great. He moved great and all the singing, very animated. I took a video but for now I would just like to get to downloading a system or something to get him "normal". Any ideas as all the other downloads of Systems have not gotten me anywhere, either I am really goofing them up, but the skits work fine, so It leads me to believe it is that I need a different OS to download to try on him? What would you do next if it was you and your Pleo Kat? ???                 RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2012, 11:52:32 PM »

Have you tried the POP download linked in my post earlier?

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2012, 03:49:13 AM »

I have got all the downloads from the same place Crewella mentioned....top of any page on the forum, blue bar with links to various forum pages including one called downloads. Click on that and it will take you through to the full downloads page with various categories - the second one down is "Classic" Pleo OS Versions (not for RB). Click on this and it has a list of the OS available with the POP OS at the bottom. I think I remember reading about mixed results for the Life OS 1.0 downgrade which is first on the list. I used the Life 1.1 update as I knew gordy had 1.0 from his chin howling. So I think I would work through in OS order, as in start with POP and if that doesn't work then try the 1.0? Just as long as you are starting with a full battery then I don't think trying different OS is a problem, they just might not work. I don't know if maybe files sometimes get corrupted when unzipping? Well, I would start with fresh downloads just in case.

One thing I would say, when I first updated gordy to 1.1 he chimed quite soon after switching on. The second time I went through the process it was a very very long time before he chimed and I had given up and thought I'd done something wrong. So make sure you give plenty of time after you switch on for anything to happen!  :D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 07:47:52 AM »

here is the link for the pop os
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
from IMR's earlier post.  give this a try and see what happens.  And as Kaiteee says sometimes it can take a long long time for the pleo to chime to let you know it has finished so it is worth waiting a good 10mins just to be sure before deciding that it didn't work.  Good luck :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2012, 09:01:55 AM »

Hi guys, ok Kat, I am going to start by trying the POP as suggested, and one thing I have not been doing is waiting for very long as there were no instructions so after a minute of hearing nothing after switching him on, I figured he did not work, so I just charged an egg battery overnight and it is ready, I will erase photos on a SD card and give it 10 minutes after inserting it in pleo, it should chime, is that correct? I did notice with the skits, esp the Walk the Dinosaur, I did not think it worked at first as it took a long time of touching his back etc for him to suddenly come on, and also with that skit it took about twenty seconds or so before any of the Pleos reacted and started the skit, so I am guilty of not waiting long enough, thinking that the Pleo would come on right away as when they are first turned on, like in 10 seconds, so perhaps that is the problem,  :o

so I should wait 10 minutes and I will not Hear anybody saying something such as NOw Uploading, correct? And at the end of silence, there should be a chime? I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Please let me know before I start if I am supposed to hear anything or just the chime when done on POP, then I remove the SD card, Then I remove the SD card, when done or turn off first then remove card, Which is the procedure please, as I haven't done this in a long time and there are no instructions that I saw, so I want to get it perfect to give this guy the best chance.                   Thanks so much!            ;DRWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »

Ok, I know I am nuts or brain dead or both........I have been able to play three skits, and Pleo is fine, but I can not get any of the downloads to work at all, I dont know if it is because Zip files are different than URF, or it is me...I have followed instructions to what I see as following them..but nothing at all. Is that possible when he can play skits...great movement and sound?

I just tried the 1.0 download again. Fresh download. open the place where it is, then unzipped it to another location. Extracted the files  to another folder then to clean SD card. Opened the card and there were the files. So then safely made it possible to remove card from computer. Fresh charged battery in Pleo, PUt card in and turn Pleo on, Waited 10-15 minutes and nothing no sound, no chimes nothing...What is going on, what is wrong, am I doing it all wrong? The skits seem so easy and this is so difficult.This is about the tenth time I have tried downloading the 1.0 file and a couple of times the Pop file and never anything. I did notice after ten minutes Pleo was getting a warm back but not when playing the walk the dino skit... :(           Is Pleo Dead or is it my imagination....I have tried looking at Youtube anything that shows step by step, I even downloaded and printed out IMR downloading for dummies post from a couple of years ago, but nothing at all is working...                         this is extremely frustrating......................................HELP me figure this out before I go gray and crazy.............. ??? RWM

Two other things that IMR asked" yes, sd card is in unlocked position and I am the administrator. And at some point in the past I did try extracting directly to SD card, and also Extracting to another folder then open contents or sending folder to SD card with all the contents...so I am LOST.............................................
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:31:49 PM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »

Ok, I think I am at the point I am ready to do a video of my taking steps by steps to show trying to update downgrade this pleo and nothing is working at all nothing, I have printed out IMR's instructions sheet, Downloading for Dummies from June 4th, 2009. It was in response to a member by the name of dunc21, and I followed the steps by step to no avail. Absolutly no sound or movement at all, I then tried Talons ( very nice and logical instructions so thank you Talon) and still nothing, I have even been desparate enough to try upgrading to 1.02, offical PleoWorld instructions that I printed out so no mistakes, I have new SD card, erased all files, formated each time to make sure NO files on them. I have extracted so many files I did it in my dreams last night... ??? I have so many egg charged batteries I could open up a hen house if I had chickens...( I needed a bit of humor...sorry so so so frustrated now I can't think or see straight.)

How in the world can the Skits work but I can't get a single OS to work, not a sound or movement at all? Is this a bricked Pleo or do skits work on Bricked Pleos, I thought it meant they work if skits worked................What else can I do. If one of you other members who are good at this, I would send you this Pleo and pay you to get the DARN OS on, but nobody does...so can somebody tell me what on the earth am I doing wrong or not doing...I am desparate...Please should I take a video of my efforts, step by step incase I am making a mistake...................I am truly going crazy and h ave spent three hours on this already..                           P:( P:'(         RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »

As you've got the SD cards to play skits in the Pleo, it might just be the Pleo won't update from the SD cards.  It didn't work on one of mine but I did manage it by USB cable.

Maybe the next step is to try an update/downgrade via USB? If you have a cable?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »

Yup that would be my next suggestion. I don't think that Pleo is able to update via SD card.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »

Thanks Crewella, that is one I had not thought of, though I know it is an option, One question though": Do you have to have Pleo Drivers installed in order to do the downgrade or upgrade as I know with Windows I can't get Pleo drivers for some reason and I do not have access to Windows XP that I had before. Do I have to have Pleo Drivers or is that just for Dino Mite or one of those programs? Please let me know so I can try . So one of your Pleos you thought bricked, you were able to download or upload via USB cable? That is encouraging, thanks.                   ;D RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »

You still need the drivers. Otherwise your computer cannot recognize the Pleo as a Pleo.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »

Yep, as IMR says you do need the drivers.  :-\

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »

Do you know where I can download them, is it off the PleoWorld site as that is where I got them before, but I don't think they have them anymore..so I may be right back where I started from
 RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »

Grr. I was hoping I could help you but I've never done anything with the pleo via USB cable. Fingers crossed for both of you.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »

I surfed the web for a bit and searched through all of the pleoworld website but couldn't find any drivers for pleo.  I think maybe you might need to contact innvo to ask if they have the drivers and if they could email them to you?  Unless someone on here has a copy of them? 
I've never used the USB for my pleos so I'm not much help to you.  Sorry RWM.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »

Thanks Talon and Kat, I guess I can contact them but I don't think they have the drivers anymore and it could take awhile till they contact me as it is for a Ugobe and not even a 2009, very frustrating to say the least. Just when I get some hope about this guy and I can't even get a operating system in him................I guess I could have the only Pleo that lives with skit after skit, ...something anyway... I still think there has to be some way something I am perhaps missing but not sure what...                            Thanks for all the help guys.                        RWM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal