Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What does this mean,,,can Pleo work, what do I do?  (Read 25430 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
What does this mean,,,can Pleo work, what do I do?
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:16:34 PM »

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2830.0 Hi, I read this old topic, and follwed the instructions, downloading this file on to a new SD card and instaleld the "demo Mode" into what looks like a brand New Pleo, but one that does not operate, even with a new freshly charged battery. After putting the SD card POP file in, it came on saying, "Welcome to ProbeRB version 1.0, property loop failed, giviing up". What does this mean and what do I do next, I played it three or four times to make sure I got what was said correctly, and this is a Ugobe, pristine conditon from the factory. I thought I would ask first before following IMR's old instructions as they were quite awhile ago, and I do know IMR is busy with school. Thanks                RWM

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: What does this mean,,,can Pleo work, what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »

It sounds as though you might have had ProbeRB already on the stick? Or downloaded it by mistake?  :moose:

Start again with a clean SD card.  Good luck! :)

By the way - it's a good sign that SOMETHING is happening, I think.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:28:59 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:31:04 PM »

Thanks Crewella, I will try again. I will erase anything and extract the files again on same SD card. No movement but it did say something. keep your fingers crossed, Thanks,           RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »

I'll be watching this thread with interest.  I do hope you get him going again. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »

I erased clean the old files and downloaded the POP demo on SD, but when I went to Extract all the files, a yellow message came up that says", A problem is preventing this file file from being encrypted", what does that mean, then it asks me if I want to continue? I have erased and extracted on to a clean SD card and downloaded the POP file, ( demo ) as instructed. What do I do now?              RWM

HI  Kat! :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »

Click continue and see if it works, otherwise try redownloading the file, sometimes when you download from the Internet files can get corrupted.

If you are getting some sound then the Pleo isn't completely dead :)

Edit: Also where are you extracting the files? Some SD cards don't like having files extracted directly to them. You may need to extract the files to your desktop (or create a folder for it) then transfer the files to the card.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »

Thanks IMR, I think I will wait till the morning, right now I am so tired, I can't see straight. I have been up since 3:30 a.m yesterday morning and anything I do now will only come out wrong. I will try following your directions. If after all these tests and there is no sound or movement, are there any other possibilities or is it time to salvage the skin? Is it possible to open him up like any other pleo and see if it is just a wire loose for example or is it possible or likely that the Pleo just came from the factory "dead" when first made, the software that is.? Does Dinomite tell if the Pleo is "alive" at all or only tests the battery?It is a shame to get such a nice Pleo and not have it work, I would expect it with one with wear and tear, but one never opened is kind of surprising but I do suppose it happens as Crewella can surely attest to.

If he is "dead or bricked", what is the easiest way to remove the skin and not damage it to keep in one piece if possible? I do have seveal Pleos that really need skin transplants and they will be lining up at the "door" to see who is  first perhaps I should have a "raffle" for who gets what, but I may be jumping the gun, as I really hope he is just "sleeping".

One last question, he also came with his box and all the usual contents and a egg battery ( I actually sold a battery to this person, hoping it could get the Pleo working) and they had the original green battery sent to a battery place and rebuilt. Is the rebuilt battery usable in the other Ugobes and do you know if they charge the same as a original green battery and last the same length of time, about an hour? Thanks for all your help, I know this is a lot of questions, and I will try your suggestions in the morning.                    :) :pray:                       RWM

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 08:47:29 AM »

I'm not exactly sure what is going on.
First of all, the "Probe RB" program only works properly on a Pleo RB (on a micro-SD card). From your description, it sounds like an older UGOBE era Pleo (on a full sized SD card).

If you want to check the status of an older model Pleo, try "statsRB". The Windows computer program will report stats on the old models as well as PleoRB.

If you want to check functionality, try one of the simple personalities. For a UGOBE era Pleo (not a PleoRB), try Babe: http://www.aibohack.com/pleo/babe.htm
These extra personalities will work even if the default personality is corrupted.

Good luck

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »

NOt sure what is going on as I am getting ready to try PleoPet's suggestions, I kept turning the on off button on slowly, and Pleo opened his mouth and lifted a front foot which he has never done before. NO sound yet but this is encouraging as it is the first signs of life so far! This is on a fully charged battery, so I will try the StatsRb like suggested.  Keep your fingers crossed.                            :pray:             RWM

I kept clicking on and off and now Pleo closed his eyes, perhaps it is a faulty on off switch, sounds a bit more encouraging now.. I do hear occasional "noises" when on off switch is hit sometimes nothing other times a click.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:42:14 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:29 AM »

Wow! To get a Ugobe pleo with perfect skin and then run into a possible software problem must be the pits. I wish both of you the best.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:48 PM »

Hi Talon thanks for the well wishes, it seems this guy has a chance, check out the photos, he actually moved which he did not do at all yesterday,
         I am thinking it may be a faulty on off switch but just a wild guess, He has life of some sort though which is encouraging no noises, but movement.              RWM :pray: keep fingers crossed and well wishes                               

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »

I think I need help as to what to do next. I have used the STATSRB with no success, not sure if I did it correctly but if I did there is no report and when I click on it , says, Property File missing. The Babe demo did nothing, The most encouraging of anything so far, is just the battery on it's own with no files, movement of legs up, down tail up, eyes open then close, but no sound. I am wondering if this guy has a corrupted file and perhaps his original operating system needs to be downloaded again, I have no idea what system he would have run but I would think the original is as good as anyplace to start.

Can he be bricked and still move and not mean anything or is movement a good thing? IMR or Crewella, I think you two have the best suggestions as to what to do, I have several blank SD cards and each time I completly delete all the files on them when they do not work to start fresh again, Where do I go from here? I have uploaded the photos showing he has moved so that is something. The only sound is an occasional click when turning the on off switch, but not everytime, only once in awhile.                                      Waiting for instructions next......................RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »

OH, and PleoPet, I tried STATSRB, but must have done it wrong because I think the only message I got was "property file missing", so not sure if I followed directions correctly or not. Can you suggest step by step what to do? Oh, one other suggestion, this last time with the battery in and switching off and on about twenty times or so inbetween these testing, I did notice that his upper front shoulder area was getting warm, a lot like on my RB, what do you think this means, if anything? Thanks,                                         RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 01:06:01 AM »

RWM, it sounds to me as though the personality files might be corrupted or missing (or the version is too old for StatsRB to read).  Go back to the original thread you were looking at and try to follow the downgrade/upgrade instructions there.  If it doesn't work via SD card it might be worth trying by USB cable.  

You've caught me on a sale week at work, but if you're still stuck I'll have more time at the weekend.  :)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:08:19 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 02:01:14 AM »

Hi Crewella, thanks so I should try to upgrade to the 1,1 assuming he is the orginal operating system I guess .The POP didn't work but it was with a SD card so I will try everything with the USB cable if possible, I don't understand the fact he was getting warm, but maybe nothing.Thanks for all the help, and good luck with your sales. I know I spent so much time this afternoon with him and it can get very frustrating to say the least.I do hope the fact he is moving at all and randomly means he still has life in him, almost like a connector point when the battery turns the on button on just right something moves. If he ever talked or made a moo, I think I would fall over at this point :o :D.

Oh, and as a point of interest, the rebuilt green battery that was included with him, along with the egg works in my other Pleos!
                              RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 02:07:32 AM »

It does sound as though the SD card slot is working, at least.  :moose:

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »

I think the fact that there has been a small amount of movement from him has got to be a good sign.  ;D  keep at  RWM.  I'm sure you'll get him up and running again.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »

Well after a good night's sleep, I am going back to the original instructions and try all over again and with a brand new SD card and fully charged battery. I think all of the ideas have been good and I am not willing to give up on this guy just yet. I think the fact he has moved as much as he has is a postive sign. If nothing else works, I will then open him up and have a look which is what I think Crewella and Kat would do, then if nothing makes sense, then at leaat I have a brand new Pleo Skin for one of my old neglected Pleos I have rescued and it is a matter of who needs it the most, probably Little 45 who was rescused as my number 3 Pleo, terrible skin, broken neck and dried out legs, shoulders and a torn tail. But then again, I am thinking a brand new skin may be better for a Pleo with no broken neck to make them "whole " again, which leaves out several, Nova, Little 45, and one  other..........but right now, I want to concentrate on getting this guy to work, and not to
"JUMP " the gun, give this guy all the chance he deserves! ;D
                 If anyone has any advice at all or words of encouragement, it is much appreciated, it may be what we need!
                                                                      RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »

so far none of the SD cards are working other than getting leg and tail movements. This is wearing me out and I am not getting my house work done so I am stopping till I get somthing done and more advice, I still think I should open it up and see what it looks like, perhaps there is a loose wire since it was hot to the touch or warm yesterday. I am frustrated and have to stop to get some housework done or I will be totally useless today and it is already 1:25 and I have spent over an hour messing with SD cards and reading what to do. I need a break and some coffee or vitamins or a new brain cause I am doing something wrong, No noise at all, but this guy has moved every limb every direction....maybe he is a mute .. ;D

Any ideas at all?           Kat I wish you or Crewella lived closer. what to open and look at first what is normal, I would love to check out the on off switch.                    RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »

RWM - do you have a USB cable?  I wouldn't open him up yet, but you'll have to bear with me until after tomorrow?  :moose:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »

Hi Crewella, thanks and yes, I have tons of USB cables and of course the one that just came with him, He has gone from being straight in packing position to no movement to sleeping head postion front leg raised up to head and high tail, so talk about strange looking! I even tried to get the dino-mite that runs on here, and can't get it as this computer doesn't have the proper downloaded Pleo cables I had on my other computer so I am stuck as to what to do untill tommrow anyway, I have a toothache ( no dental insurance, haven't been to dentist in at least 4 years now, can't even get them cleaned so pain right now, wishing my vicodin and Methadone worked on tooth aches but they don't. so off to get some cloves oil) I will be happy to wait till tommrow, In the meantime my other Pleos have been neglected for days and I have so much other stuff to catch up on , doing all this can drive someone like me batty!
                          I will happily wait till tommrow, just tell me when I will clock in to talk to you. Thanks for the help, It is VERY much Appreciated Crewella. If I get this guy fixed I will have to let you help name him!
                                                RWM  suffering in the REdwoods..................... :head-wall:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 05:26:37 PM »

I think maybe retrying the instructions in that thread but doing it all via the usb cable instead of using the SD card would be worth a try first before contemplating opening him up.  I'm sure this guy can be bought back to life so don't give up on him yet RWM  :hhug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »

Hi Kat, thanks I am not sure which Port on my computer to use as when I connect him via USB cable, I get a message that says, that the computer has detected Pleo, but that it does not or can not download the "DRIVERS" for him, ? What does that mean....kind of throws things for a loop unless it is downloading some of the stuff via USB cable and you can't get those instructions from the PleoWorld site anymore, everything is Pleo RB and not even the personalities that were downloadable for free for so long are on there. Are there instructions for using the USB cable here on this site to tell you how to do it as I want to do it correctly of course. ???             RWM

Oh, here are his photos from yesterday till today so you can check out his movement.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:06:50 PM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »

ok, Dr. appt today to make up for yesterday's missed one and toothache. Now I am going to work on this guy again but need the complete instructions for Downloading to 1.0 via USB and SD card, There is no longer any instructions for any of these on Pleoworld, nothing but RB stuff and things you can buy for the 2009 Pleo. No personalities or anything. I need the instructions so I know where to connect the USB cable also, which port as I have not done this in a long time and it was on my old computer.
            IMR suggested trying the USB cable method as I have been doing it via SD card. Also I read somewhere about just extracting or unzipping just the URF files onto the card and insert it into Pleo, not the whole file.. :operhaps I have been doing it all wrong as I think I copied the whole file n the card, sounds etc, everything, Do you just copy the URF files onto the SD card and insert that into Pleo? If so that may explain why I am getting nothing no success so this is why I need the complete instructions as EXACTLY what to do. Please advise where to copy everything and I will print it all out when back from dr.s( Unless they keep me there as a prisoner,in which case this all doesn't matter. >:( :()

so Kat or Weed, anyone who knows where I can get these files and instructions to read and download on this site, please let me know so I can try it again fresh. We all thank you so much! :)

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods, freezing today, but no rain till tonight.  :brrr: :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 06:16:50 PM »

I think the message you are getting from your computer when you use the USB cable in pleo suggests that your operating system on your computer is too new and so not compatible with the pleo.   I would think that you would probably need a computer that is running windows 98 or XP.  Pleo is old technology and I don't think you will be able to find any drivers for the newer versions of Windows.  I've never used the USB for my pleos though so I can't be sure that this is the issue but that is my best guess as to what is going on. 

Again not ever having done the downgrade thing I can't really give you any knowledgeable advice.  I would think that you need to download the file to your computer then use an unzipping program to open the folder and then copy the whole contents of the folder - not the folder it's self onto the SD card.  Then put it into the pleo with a fully charged battery and switch on.  Then wait......
I read through the posts that you linked in your first post here.  So you need to start with the downgrade 1.0
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3

Try that and see what happens then report back.  I'll try to help you through it.  :)  I'm going out for the next couple of hours but will pop back in as soon as I get home and should be here for the rest of the day.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal