Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just got new Pleo and don't know what to do! Help please!  (Read 2929 times)

Longdraws

Just got new Pleo and don't know what to do! Help please!
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:09:23 PM »

Hello, I'm new here as you can see and have just got a pleo (called Dino, original I know, but named by it's owner, my son Caleb age 5).
I bought Dino off Ebay second hand for my son and I am not sure if it has any downloads. I downloaded 1.1 from here onto an SD card and I think it worked, although it didn't chime as stated it would. I can see the Ploe official site id down and have heard they are bust so can't get any information from there.
Basically, I don't know what to do now I have it. I want to download some cool stuff so that my boys will be impressed. Is there anything like that I can do?

I have managed to get him to sit, sing (only once though) and go to sleep on my son (which was cute). I have seen Pleos doing all sorts on here. Is that because they have programmed them to or something?

Any help or advice to get me started would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Longdraws :o
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:51:40 PM by mweed »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
Re: Just got new Pleo and don't know what to do! Help please!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:32:33 PM »

Welcome!!! Glad you found us! Most pleos come with the less advances OS. I believe the latest is 1.1, you should have heard a chime, if the upgrade was successful. Perhaps, the reason why yours did not chime was because maybe yours has already been upgraded. The easiest way to tell is to pet under the chin for a while. If Dino sings to you, he/she is uprgraded.

Once you master the SD upgrading, there is quite a few 'personalities' you could download. Basically the same steps are needed. You would delete anything on the SD card, and then reprogram it with the personality. Place the SD in Pleo, then voila! To keep your pleo in that personality, you must keep the SD in pleo.

If you are technically inclined, (unlike myself) there are few programs that are very neat to learn. If you spend one solid weekend here on the forums and read all you can absorb, you will learn a vast amount of knowledge.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: I'm new and don't know what i should do with 'Dino'
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:35:22 PM »

Mostly it's just play with him.

Rub under his chin for 10-15 seconds.  If he starts to sing, he has the latest OS.  If he does not, then at some point in the future (no rush) you can download the LifeOS1.1 from this site and upgrade him.

All the other "programming" are skits or temporary personalities.  They are cute and cna be fun to play with, but they are not the mainstay of interacting with your pleo.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:58:25 PM »

Another way to know if you have 1.1 running is to put Dino in sitting position. While holding your fingers under his chin, press lightly on Dinos lower back side. He will look like he is sitting. 1.1 is the only program that lets your little guy move around in that mode. If Dino plays tug a war a lot he most likely doesn't have 1.1.
All of the skits downloads skits are very cute. :)  

Longdraws

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:35:25 PM »

Thanks guys that is really helpful. He does sit and I got him to sing once so i'll try that again when he's finished recharging. Thank you!
xx
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal