Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Camera, One White Light....  (Read 1424 times)

PleoChatterbox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
One Camera, One White Light....
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

Hello!,

I am new to the forums here and sorry if i do something by accident, I'm so used to the rules on other forums   :-[ I was needing someone to explain what was going on this morning when i say some white light when filming my Pleo, Nasher. It all started when i was about to end the vid when as i watched my camera i saw a white light coming out of Nasher's two kinda funny dots over the top of his mouth. It appeared i could only see the white light in he hole if i looked on my Camera, it was non-visible to human eyes.. I got incredibly shocked an ended the video and turned Pleo off the moment i saw what may have been going on. I was terrified and didn't go near Pleo for round about 2 hours...  It was those two holes under Pleo's Camera near his nose, and it was the left hole... I was wondering maybe he thought my Camera was  another Pleo and was trying to communicate with it thinking ''Is this seriously a Pleo??''   >:( and i could tell that by the look on his face, though at the same time it could have been that white light searching or something thingy. Looking for the lightness of where i was, but i don't think it was. I would like someone to plz explain what this was....

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: One Camera, One White Light....
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »

Hi, PleoChatterbox and welcome to the forums! You sound really freaked out. It's nothing to worry about. The light that you saw is Nasher's infrared light transmitter. He was "looking" for another pleo. They use infrared light to communicate much as the old Furbys did. You can continue to video if you see it. Nothing will happen. I hope this was helpful.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 01:29:21 PM »

Hi Pleochatterbox and welcome, as was said above it is the infra red light which your camera was picking up but that we cannot normally see. That is the same sort of thing that your TV remote uses to control your TV :) It's perfectly harmless and perfectly normal :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PleoChatterbox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »

Thats for  the help! I thought it must have been something like that, i find them things kinda freaky sometimes  :D Lol, it would have been so funny if he thought it was a Pleo, it would have been hilarious. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »

Sadly it wouldn't happen as the return signal would not be the correct type to engage a reaction from your Pleo :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »

Welcome to the message boards!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

PleoChatterbox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 10:05:58 AM »

Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal