Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another rediculously overpriced, lying Pleo seller  (Read 3090 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Another rediculously overpriced, lying Pleo seller
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »

Did you guys see " http://cgi.ebay.com/2nd-Generation-Innvolabs-PLEO-BRAND-NEW-/220797782085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336892c845 "

They are claiming a 1 year warranty, and asking waaay too much money.. don't buy!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Another rediculously overpriced, lying Pleo seller
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »

These same guys already sold one last week, but I know better, look where they are besides!
                                               RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »

I have no idea whether or not they are genuine, the one they sold on auction last week was for a lot less, but if that IS an Innvo 2010 Pleo then I don't think it's that overpriced, to be honest.  Gimmedigi are selling them for much the same and it's only a few months ago that PleoWorld were selling them for more.  They SHOULD be worth more than a Ugobe Pleo if they are the Innvo labs model, IMHO.  :-\

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »

The one they sold for last week was also an auction and now they have changed it to Buy it now, but the part I have the problem with is the one year warranty? I never heard of Innvo Pleos, the 2009 models haveing that long of a warranty? Is that for real? I would think $250.-$300.00 is a fair price without shipping simply because they are newer and they are scarce to show up on Ebay. Most Pleos, the Ugobe Models go for no more than $200 on ebay though one recently sold for $270, an Un hatched new model which suprised me and I have bought two that were $202, and $207, but that was last year.
 This guy has 100% positive feedback, but I know from expereince in buying one a couple of months ago that was from someone with 100% positive feedback, and paid $149.50 for a "unhatched' model Ugobe and the pleo had been hatched, the manual, ID card, CAble were missing, he had paint missing on his teeth, and he had been hatched! :oThe  seller lied, I opend a case with Paypal and got all my money back, he got his Pleo back and negative feedback, so they do lie sometimes and you can't allways tell, even when they have positive feedback. Seller allways beware....I would not buy one till the one that was purchased recieves theirs, leaves feedback and find out what they think, and what about that warranty for a full year, is that correct and void or not?
                                                      RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »

I absolutely agree, RWM.  I was waiting to see if last week's buyer posted feedback as well.

You do have to be very careful on eBay, but I also hate to see a seller accused unfairly - it's hard enough to make a living as it is!

bhobbes

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »

I think it's about $100 overpriced for an Innvo model. But, the acceptable price is what a willing buyer would pay a willing seller - so there's no point in criticizing that. Look at how many people buy into the Apple cult and its extremely overpriced product. Or, to take an attack at myself, the Bose cult (well, I don't really follow them, but it is the only way overpriced item I like enough to buy).

As far as the warranty issue, this is all I see in the ad: "This is the 2nd Generation PLEO made by Innvolabs - the product is brand new with a 1 year warranty and free standard shipping. Shipping time varies by destination and may be over 1-2 weeks"

This either means 1) they're (mis?)representing Innvo's warranty, or 2) are offering to warrant it themselves for one year. Ambiguity is construed against the drafter. But a concerned buyer should ask such questions and not jump to conclusions about who is warranting what without asking (or, to use the ambiguity to force them to warrant it for a year since it was offered :)).

However, all of that is irrelevant since the seller is not in the U.S. Personally, I wouldn't pay $350 for an Innvo model (and there were coupons available at PleoWorld when I bought mine so I didn't even pay that for Elliott). But I don't know if I'd necessarily call this person a liar or say their item is ridiculously overpriced. Just my two cents - doesn't really matter to me, only the parties in the transaction.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »

As bhobbes said, "just my two cents, -doesn't really matter to me, only the parties in the transaction". I have seen many a pleo go for what I thought of was terribly high priced, only because a new buyer or bidder won't stop and someone else  keeps driving the price up. If the people have that kind of money, let them go to it. I can also understand if someone wants something bad enough, they are willing to pay any price. I have been guilty of that myself,
              One of my favorite actors has allways been James ARness who played Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke among any other movies he made including quite a few with John Wayne. I have been an avid Gunsmoke and James Arness fan for many many years and have been collecting anything that he did. Last week, June 3r'd, he died at the age of 88, and I was devastated, crying like a baby...Anyway, I have been watching the price on his items on ebay soar recently. One photo autographed with COA went for $355.00, where a week before he died mayby $100.00 is a fair guess. I have some autographed items of his, but would like more but do not have that kind of money. If I did, I too would bid, even though before his death it was not that high. It all depends on supply and demand and what people are willing to pay. If there were not so so many Ugobe Pleos esp out there, I can see them selling for upwards of $500.00 easily, luckily it was not that long ago, and there is a steady stream of them out there.

RWM

hannahg

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 06:52:10 PM »

dubai???? man, that pleo must be melting in his box awaiting shipping.
i went and saw him on ebay after seeing this thread and bid, goddess help me on the ripped pleo, here in the states, price now $50. i figure if he's ok otherwise the pleoworld cape i have will help him and i can ask you guys for advice gluing his tail and leg rip.....am i an idiot if i win this?
i just felt so BAD for him, look at that SAD face!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270761623732&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:16:40 PM by hannahg »
I live and breathe 'The Big Lebowski'

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

Crewella, I totally agree.. I wasn't just trying to be mean to the guy or anything and I also agree they are worth more than the ugobe model but I think they are at least 100 bucks overpriced plus.. with the location.. good lord the shipping!!
I sent them a message asking exactly how the Pleos would be under warranty because that's what made me the most angry.. they have the right to try and charge whatever they want for them but they should not lie and say they are under warranty.
So I just asked how the Pleo would be under warranty, by them, personally? As in, they would send a new one if it broke within a year or were they claiming that innvo would be doing it because, from my understanding, that wouldn't happen and he has no way to prove that it would. That's what made me angry, folks that don't know better might buy one and then if it breaks... they are kinda stuck.  Not that anyone would buy something THAT far away unless they lived in that area.. jeeesh. I had to look it up :P
Also the guy has hardly any feedback and it's all from buying, from what I saw, not selling.. no reply from him, of course.. maybe he'll reply later.
ever since my bad choice with my Aibo I just wanted to post 'scary deals'  when I saw them in the hopes that our friends here would not make the same type of mistake I did... that's all..  Really though, 349 plus 50 bucks shipping that makes them cost only about 100 bucks less than an RB.. And he's lying about the warranty, what else is he lying about..

I looked at the other Pleo too, hannahg,.. with the ripped leg and tail, and I would not bid unless I got a picture of that Pleo running holding his own head up because the way he's holding his head in the picture it looks like he has a broken neck.  I would also ask for more pictures including the underside of the Pleo and the inner armpits..

Also, that seems quite expensive, to me, for a ripped Pleo unless you intend to remove the skin or something.. the rips just keep getting worse.  the way that auction is going.. (I dunno why) but it looks like it's going to go for a high price.. I paid WAY too much for patches, over 100 and he was in horrid shape when he arrived..
I would not pay over 50 for one in the condition that one is in (if it really doesn't have a broken neck) and if the neck is broken I would not pay over 30.. I can't afford too many more rescue mission Pleos :/  I sent a message asking to see pictures like the ones I described but haven't heard back yet so we'll see.
Good Luck!!

The ripped Pleo seller responded :

Dear shinylatrine,

The battery does not charge so I cannot turn him on. He was fully functional during last use. There are no tears anywhere other than where shown. He is already packaged for shipement so I cannot take any pictures. If you have any concerns and would like to withdraw a bid please let me know.

- iceesystems

Nice enough response but still.. the neck looks broken to me.. oh well.

- Sarah
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:19:45 PM by latrine »

hannahg

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 10:18:11 PM »

i just hope i get outbid! this month i've now bought a pleo, a kindle, 3 i-cybies and a robosapien!
I live and breathe 'The Big Lebowski'

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 11:21:06 PM »

HI Hannah, I have that Pleo under watch, and I asked him a few days ago if it had a broken neck because the neck looked suspicious and He WOULD NOT answer that question. This was on June 7th. He posted my question I AM p.H.s.When a seller wont answer a question, it allways makes me suspicious. I have gotten Pleos before with tears and they can be tricky to fix,but a broken neck is a story that can't be fixed. Good luck on not winning as it still has several hours to go, you would do better to bid on one without those problems, Someone will get him and hopfully not you and not at a high pirce .
                 If you want another Pleo, I can offer you a healthy adoptee at a guaranteed no problem deal. Good luck with your bid or win or not winning...
                               RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:10 PM »

Latrine, I do get where your coming from, and you're absolutely right to question the warranty.  On the shipping, the seller is actually charging quite a bit less for UK shipping than PleoWorld does, so how good/bad a deal that is really does depend on where you are.

Hannah (or should I call you Hannah-on-a-shopping-spree ? :P), being a veteran buyer of bricked/broken/damaged Pleos I do understand, really I do, but that neck does look a bit suspect, and as Latrine says (and knows to her cost) once the skin gets like that it's so degraded it just starts to fall apart.  :o

On the other hand, Latrine's Patches turned out to be a real character, and it's a nice feeling to rescue an inloved Pleo so if you do end up with it all is not lost!  ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 12:56:17 AM »

That neck does indeed look broken, usually if a Pleo is looking down like that they are also leaning forwards.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 01:32:19 AM »

If he does have a broken neck, not all is lost, but if he does and it was ME I would tell him I was notifying ebay and Paypal for Fraudulent listing. ( I won a case in May for a Pleo that I paid $149.00 for that was supposed to be UnHatched, or the word the seller used was "UnWoken" and that he was new, If this guy does have a broken neck you have two choices, things I would consider. Notify the seller and if he won't take back the Pleo on his own, he may offer you a second choice called a reduced bid.. Asking what do you think the Pleo is worth.
            I had this happen to me recently with a Pleo I paid a certain amount for and knew it had a gash in it's neck and nothing more was listed. I knew I could fix the one in the neck with Super glue so bid and won on it. Also I was sure it would work with my egg battery and it did. But what was not mentioned were two gashes in the tail. I could also fix these with superglue but they were not mentioned so I contacted the seller saying I did not think I would have made such a high bid if I had known the gashes in the tail. The seller was willing to work with me an asked what I "thought it was worth"? I thought in all fairness it was worth about $20.00 less than I paid. The seller gladly refunded that amount to my Paypal account and I got a nice Unbroken necked pLeo with gashes that could be fixed with superglue. The same seller is a Top Seller ( as am I now and I am also a Power Seller) ;Dand this is the second Pleo I have purchased from him. He and I are so happy that he has given me all future Pleos that come his way so I can automaticlaly purchase them. The point is, that it is  often easy to work with the seller and if they wont ebay and esp Paypal will work with you to make sure you are protected!

And don't feel so bad about wanting to rescue Pleos... :) I have thirteen and one of them is Humpty who is in Pieces but works amazing as it is.....One of my best purchases was Little 45 who I knew had a broken neck and I bought him because NO Body would bid on him and I contacted the seller and asked about him and she sent me tons of photos, Orignally she wanted something like $75.00 or best offer. Nobody bid the first time and he was about to be trashed. I told her I wanted him and I would pay what I thought was fair, $45.00 but his skin was a lot worse than the photos looked, though not as bad as Patches. I fell in love with him though and would never sell him to anyone. He has been patched and his neck taped and I love him, Actually the seller paid for all the shipping too, she lost money on the deal where he actually cost me about $30.00 as I paid $15.00 for shipping and she paid $30.00 to ship him.
  Here are two photos of what he looked like when he first arrived and I only had 3 Pleos as the caption says" oh now, three Pleos, what will I do"? Good luck with your future Pleo or that the bids get higher than yours.             RWM

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »

How is Humpty is he ok now can you make a new video about him :)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 09:49:27 AM »

The guy I originally made this post about this responded with :

Dear shinylatrine,

Thats right - we are authorized distributors for the MENA region

- merlinuae

If that was true, why wouldn't he post that on his actual auction?
And I didn't even notice this before.. do you see what he is saying the 2010 model is capable of?  I highlighted the obvious wrong parts as he mixed in some RB things and some outright lies.

"Pleo is capable of learning over time and of expressing many different moods and basic animal drives such as hunger, fatigue, fear, and love. When you leave for work or school Pleo will explore its’ environment and continue to learn. When tired, Pleo will seek out its’ regeneration bed and rest while dreaming baby dino dreams. Pleo’s neural net adapts to stimulus from you and the environment, this means Pleo’s personality and demeanor over time will change in response to how you treat it. Pleo will limp if you hurt its’ leg and will remember that you were mean (don’t be mean!). Pleo will frown, smile, shrug, yowl for food, and do the clever things a baby knows how to do to get your attention and make you laugh."

Just ticks me off.. who knows, he may well BE a legal distributor for that region but he is lying and that is just ridiculous. ESPECIALLY the 'regeneration bed' what the heck?

I just asked the guy why, since he posted videos and everything and these guys obviously sell themselves when you see what they can do, why did he lie about these things and why didn't he know about them if he is an authorized distributor.. then I asked him to please fix his auction to state the correct things Pleo can do so that any uninformed purchaser wouldn't be buying something expecting something else.. without the lies he put in, Pleo is still wonderful and I don't think he'd have trouble selling them.. just no reason to lie.. He has the right to charge whatever he wants, just not the right to lie on an auction that is protected against fraud..

- Sarah

bhobbes

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »

Wow - the regeneration bed? Haha. I'd like to know what he's talking about as well.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »

Wow - the regeneration bed? Haha. I'd like to know what he's talking about as well.

That made me laugh too!   :D

Heck, I want one!  ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:29 PM »

I would buy a Pleo just to get a "regeneration bed" if I coud fit in it and it would works...................................I should have gotten one for myself about twenty or at least ten years ago...wonder if it is too late.? %)                      RWM

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »

Well, I emailed innvo and let them know about what this guy was claiming and got a response from Raphael almost immediately.. Even though they haven't treated me very nicely, I still love my Pleos and figured Innvo didn't need more crap dumping on their company..

So I just checked aaaaaand: 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220797782085&si=N0FwyqtpKFAbkJteTgqpKrB7bAc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123

ENDED!

hahahaha..  (Makes me feel a little better about getting cheated with my Aibo too:P )

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »

Latrine's on a mission!  ;)

Good for you - I don't blame you.  As eBay can't/don't police their listings they do rely on members reporting things they find that are wrong.   :D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

Lol.. Now I feel like a crazy old cat lady now.... I promise I'll only be mean to lying aibo and Pleo sellers:D

- Sarah

allosaurus

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »

Regeneration bed was supposed to be for the early Ugobe Pleos, but that idea was cancelled, of course.

Here is the 'promo pic':

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »

That would be wonderful and I hope they do find a way to do it someday, I assume it would have to be with another model though unless they recall them all to put something into the feet or something.. as having them lie down on it would kill the skin, lol.. but this guy should have known that, he was just full of it.
I'd never seen that pic, thanks for sharing it!!
Now go write more of your story!!  ;D

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal