Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching  (Read 85678 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 07:17:37 AM »

All you sighted people and your color obsessions! It's very interesting. Hey, Redwoods, that was some soliloquy you had going there! I could just see you on a stage surrounded by silent and frozen pleos with their eyes wide open watching you parade around with this maniacal grin with a jar of paint and a brush in your hand. It was too funny! I'm still laughing! Keep up the mad painting and have fun with it! Oh and Crewella, thanks for inspiring her. I never knew she was so eloquent!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 07:55:19 AM »

Never knew she was so impulsive either - a whole, completely green Pleo - almost overnight!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o

OH was wondering why I had my nose up against the screen, I was looking so hard at those pics!!  :P

Looking good RWM - please, pleeeeeeeeze let me know how the skin moves when it's dry!  ;D ;D

Looks great so far - lovely shade of green, can't wait to see what comes next.  BUT IT SNOT MY FAULT WOTTEVVA!!!!!!!!!!  :-X  ;)  :o  %)  :P  :-*

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 10:38:31 AM »

It dried really fast ( including on my hand lOL) and I took a short video last night and the tail and neck have great movement. Right now I am drinking my Mad painter inspiration coffee. but will go check on my litlte victim.( want to make sure he was NOT Bigfoot kidnapped during the night...) Sometimes I find long brown reddish hairs with a pugnent smell ,( unlike any other known animal..) clinging to my window sills and or on our fence in the backyard. Can't blame it on the raccoons, wrong color and length, and actually they prefer to come out late at night and when the Plum and apple tree are bursting with fresh sweetness...just can't wait for the pitter patter of "attic rats' on our roof late at night... ;D
                Ok, still looks great and I turned him on and took a video. The paint looks even brighter and better ( to me in daylight) I will upload this video very shortly. It is less than 2 minutes and shows good movement, neck, tail and whole body, no cracking fizzures. or MELTING             another SKELETOR! :o

Crewella, I would never blame anyone for something I did esp while under the influence. it is like the uncontrollable urge of the moon on a Werewolf...( yes I do know about those type of things....after all I live in Bigfoot country, and Native Americans know many things that "outsiders" are not aware of, enough said..) Well, remember he is not done, this is just the beginning , the basic color of the body but this guy is not going to have speckles. he will be closer to the orignal but with slight shading just so everyone can see I am not "stuck " in a rut so to speak. Oh off to do the video so you can see for yourself.
 Oh Crewella I do Love you! Thanks for new inspiration.... Little Pleo thanks you too!     ;D RedwoodsMama
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:50:06 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »

I'm glad - it works botth ways, too, RWM - I'm all excited and making plans now as well! :D

Thanks for the update!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

I remember hearing about that Latrine. :-( And I can't wait for when you do a much more colorful Pleo Redwoods. I love the flamboyent colors (like red, blue and pink).
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 01:46:02 PM »

ok, judge the movement for yourself, I had to go somewhere for a couple of hours, but here it is from this morning. Tell me what you think. Remember he is not done yet.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2xrjOPR_so" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2xrjOPR_so</a>

RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »

I do love your captions, RWM!  :D

That looks fabulous - you can see the skin texture clearly still, and there's a nice sheen to the surface.  It certainly looks as though it moves well too - is that what you see close up?

Really appreciate your trial and feedback, thanks!  :-* :-*

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »

Thanks for watching Crewella, you were my inspiration, that and just being a mad painter..... :o :D Yes, there is a slight sheen but a matte type finish and he moves well and you can still see the texture clearly. He will look so much better when he is done with tones and such,. I will give him another day before I add more............If I can control that painting hand and then I want to condition his skin to make it that silky feel. I love painting, I wish I had about fifty more of these as my imagination is faster than I can paint, It is so much fun.....I do want lots of feedback on what people think. pro or con, though the pro helps......thank goodness these guys can't tell me STOP....I don't know if I could.

Reds, and blues and lavenders are not far behind. I even thought of pinks with different tones but do not know if INNVO would approve so I won't do anything that looks like there design. Thanks Crewella for watching. I still want to see more of yours. I am not using a brush either and I think it works better that way,,,,
                                                        RWM

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »

Alright Redwoods! I can't wait. And if I want, I'll have no problem at all doing a pink Pleo. I just gotta wait a couple of weeks for an update from Cruella and Kat.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 02:42:07 PM »

Love the solid green RWM! He's gonna look great!
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »

Just out of curiosity I checked out this video too. Everyone's descriptions of your job soun pretty good. He'll make a nice addition to your growing herd.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »

Have  ordered more inks ............. watch this space!!  ;)  :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »

I have a feeling there is more than ONE MAD PAINTER among the Pleo forums,,,hmmmmm %) ONe in the Redwoods, taught by a wise old half Bigfoot and half Native American.... :o and another lurking among the antique furniture, lamps and bric-a-brack in her house...does that bring anyone to mind? Could be a good theme we have going here, Wonder if you will get your inks before I finish this guy
'?
                            Glad to see it Crewella bring it on !
                              RedwoodsMama

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »

It does look like the ink is a winner.  I think it seems to move and flex well and the texture seems about right.  I wonder how it will feel after a coat of pledge or vinalex or Autoglym or the polyglaze I'm using. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »

In spite of the fact that I painted straight on top of a layer of Autoglym, it seems to be sticking OK - dabbing at it or pulling the skin doesn't shift it, and the ink is supposed to be waterproof when dry.  I've just put another layer of Autoglym on top and am waiting for it to dry fully, but it all feels the same now and should be further protected.

The neck areas I painted seem to be coping with the Pleo movements fine.  I'm hoping RWM is finding much the same!  :D

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »

Whoo Hoooo!  So glad to hear that it is working out with the inks.  I can't wait to see how this all turns out.  We could have Pleos of many colors if you have found something that works, Crewella!  Three cheers for the mad painters.... Crewella and RWM!  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »

I am going to update a new video and photos today of "green Pleo" after a touch up with more green. He looks good but I still need the other tones to complete. What colors do readers here THINK would look great with this color green? I may use your suggestions if I like them. Any ideas.? More Photos and video within the hour.
                                                      RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 04:35:58 PM »

Looking forward to more pics and update from both of you.  I have my inks on order and I guess depending on how this all goes will help me decide if I just touch up or go the full color change. :) 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »

NO feedback yet on complimentary skin tones so I guess I will figure that part out. Will load some video and photos after eating some lunch.
                 RedwoodsMama

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 06:06:05 PM »

I'm really looking forward to your updates Cruella! The weeks can't pass quickly enough for me. Kat, are gonna use that ink on the moveable parts on a Pleo(s)? I really, really hope you do! That'll give 2 ink color options for us to use. And Redwoods isn't telling on what paint brand she's using.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »

I may reveal the kind of  Ink I am using if it works out well, but Crewella's is a different brand so will see since there are so many INks out there depending on what part of the world you live in. I am now going to upload a video, probably take half and hour with the second coat or touch up of paint from Friday night. He still moves perfectly well, Nobody has given me a color choice for tones so I asked my husband and he came up with the same one I had in mind and it looks like it will just be a surprise for a couple of days from now, mayby tommorow, Monday if I can get the color.
                                                RWM
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:28:22 AM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »

Ok, here is the update video I took earlier today with the Painted Pleo and Gold Hatch. You can see the skin moves very well with no restriction of tail, or neck. I will finish his color later in a day or two, Hope you enjoy it. Thanks<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrhg0lG4H64" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrhg0lG4H64</a>
                                                            RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2011, 04:28:13 AM »

The ink does seem to be flexing very well with the skin.  Looking forward to the finished product. :)  I am interested to see what colors you choose for the highlights. %)  So far it is looking great.
Kat

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 02:34:57 PM »

Ok, here is part two of the painting of a reddish brown tone for marking, It was either light or dark, and with this one I went with darker as most of my other makeovers have all been light. The next one will keep most the body one color with minimal tones legs, eye area and slight other areas such as tail or neck. This one was more of a camaflauge on the forest floor blending in with leaves etc. I still need to do touch ups and finish the leg feet area and one area under the tail. Still moves with no problems in neck, tail etc. Hope you guys don't mind the darker colors too much,It was just a test and not all of them are going to be the same, variety every time or it could get boring I think, I did like the solid green body, but that would have been too easy to leave that way so I had to be bold and take  a chance... :o %) Anyway, here are the first photos...

RedwoodsMama

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »

That looks awesome!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 20   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal