Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to dye my pleo  (Read 4175 times)

luna77

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
I want to dye my pleo
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »

what you think of the idea pleo white to color?
 ;D

luna77

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
Re: I want to dye my pleo
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »

i don't know What kind of color i can use can you help me?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:41:03 AM »

Have you already"stripped" or taken some of the color off of your Pleo, the face I think I remember seeing? If you feel brave enough to do it, I would refer to the pages of coloring or makeover of many Pleos that others here on the forum have done, IMR, Crewella, Kat and myself of course            .http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2077.msg47506#msg47506

the above topic or search for the title:Ugobe Pleo Paint Retouching and there are pages and pages of photos and lots of information on different techniques and paints, inks, etc used. Each of us have used multiple paints and other mediums and had varied results . What works best for me is Inks with Oils and then inks with Acrilyics thinned with some latex and powder. I suggest you do lots of reading and then proceed with caution but enthusiasm is essential and do a small area first such as marks on tail or feet to see if you like it and how the paint, inks or whatever feels like when done, if it is dry, cracked, or wet, smooth, feels tacky, etc. Necks and tails have the most movement so are the crucial areas to see what the paint will look like when done, You do not have to do a whole Pleo, try just the face or marks on body, etc first to see if you like it.

My expereince is that it is Harder to remove the paint then put it on and be prepared for lots of elbow grease if you put too much on or do not like the finished project.I know from experience I have one pleo I am still removing flakes of paint before I can remodel it because the paint was stronger than I thought and I was new at it. Also I feel very comfortable with oils and have had great success with them, and am the only member who has tried them that I know of. When I first tried Acrylics I was amazed at how fast they dry, but that was allso part of the problem, Do research, read and then ask more questions, I definitly would only use a Pleo that has well worn spots or is very old, otherwise I would just touch up small spots such as on a RB if the paint is peeling, ( Never while under warranty still) I am sure other members will give you a lot of the same advice. Have fun and be sure to post photos. P:)

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »

To be able to use white you would have to start with a stripped Pleo, otherwise it would take far too many coats of paint to cover the green/blue (pink might be ok).
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 06:06:57 AM »

Interesting idea, luna77. I don't know why but I have a feeling pure white might look too harsh and solid. It might be tricky to give it depth. How about going mid way and using a pastel shade if you like the idea of an overall light effect? Just a thought, I have no experience of painting pleos, only plenty of opinion!  :sheep1:

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »

Luna < I agree that pure white will take many Layers and look cold,not real, If you look at nature, even white rats, horses, cats, etc, have other tones in their fur, I have been working on a "off white Pleo creature", but untill It is done, that is all I can say, but it is difficult to cover green, pink is easier. Dont give up your idea, just rethink the color scheme for best results. You can try if you really want to, but it will not be easy.                         RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »

what you think of the idea pleo white to color?
 ;D

I don't know anything about painting Pleo but I think white sounds like a great colour choice. I think it would look good.  :)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal