Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 18 [19] 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching  (Read 86140 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching
« Reply #450 on: January 29, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »

Ok, I have been so busy with many other things, including a partial roof falling in. so painted pleos have not been on the top of my list. To get my mind off other things, I decided to try and continue with this pleo that I started awhile back. I wasn't even sure if it looked ok anymore so thought why not post partial painted results, I do realize it is not easy to see the actual color results here and remember this Pleo is not even half done, I do have about half of one side done and the other side not even touched, It is a result of several things and I will post what they are when done. so with this pleo not being done, here is the beginning of what it looks like, helping with comments will encourage me to continue with this Pleo project. The skin is in excellent condition, no need to paint or touch up, I just wanted to. ( The mad  Pleo Painter strikes again.)                  
updated one I just took

I will try and take better photos that show the color better tommrow during the day. I need a good combination of not just daylight but the light shining in the right area, as these are colors that are not just simple secondary colors but mixes and shiny at times. I still need to use my pigmented powders like I did with "lizard" Pleo, aka Rosella Pleo also. What do you think so far, from what you can see?    Thanks for feedback.  P:)

RWM   and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:24:56 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #451 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »

Hi

from what I see I like, even though its not complete

I think all the custom paint jobs I have seen look ace, and although I do like the original pleo colouring, I thnk that anyone who adds colour, adds the x-factor too, and well worth the effort.

I assume you will let us know the paint you are using, and whether or not it is stabe (ie non flaky) when stroked?

cheers
Stephen
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #452 on: January 31, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »

Thanks MurphyMooCake, I will try and finish this Pleo this next few days, at least another look. I have so many projects right now it is hard to keep track of them all. I do love the orginal Pleo coloring, but when you have as many as I do and with all blue eyes, it is nice to have something different to keep track of their names. Hence the custom painted Pleos began. I think there are some very talented people here on the forums and I love the variety of painting styles. I will be sure to post more when I continue with this latest Pleo. Thank you for the support and comments.                                                 RWM

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #453 on: January 31, 2012, 05:19:01 PM »

i would love to see the green striping removed so the pleo is more an earthy color as you have going on. ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #454 on: January 31, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »

Hi Fancy, my thoughts exactly, I started out with an idea and added the wrong color, ( lighter green) and am going to dilute and rub it out tommrow so I can go back to an earthy color and cover up the stripes green ( natural Pleo lines) with an earthy more natural tone like beinges, browns, lighter, I dont like the green I added and the other color will be muted down too. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get the look you want, and I don't mind sharing my mishaps and Pleo errors as well as successes. That is how we learn. I do like the paint, inks etc I am using, they are easy to work with and not a problem, just have to get it the color I want; more natural color, I am very happy with how Rosella came out and it will take the right mix to get this one done the same way.  :duh:

I think I have had too many things on my mind today and I should have waited for a sunnier day to help with th

e mood. Thanks for the input Fancy, I do like what you have to say! ;) :cheer: :dino-chase:  going crazy in the Mad Mad Mad world of Pleo Painting in the overcast, wet, cold Redwoods.............................................................RWM

Almost forgot the photo, shows how bad I am today........................egads.
   Plan is to mute colors to earthy tones, change stripes to match slightly darker earth tones  
step two get rid of GREEN, dilute to back to earth tones with very very slight green undertones, natural looking. ( hopefully...)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:08:52 PM by RedwoodsMama »

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #455 on: February 01, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »

hi rwm,

i love the paint job.

i like the way you have painted his lower jaw green to match his body, but above all, i love the metallic purple paint, it is so gorgeous!

i wanted a pink pleo but looking at the colours that you and kat and imr have come up with, i am tempted to try and find a cheap ugobe pleo and paint it instead, and make some food items like the new pleos have (but wont copy them - lol).

yes, i really like that metallic purple xxxx

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #456 on: February 01, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »

Thanks Snowy, well I started out with a plan to remove the green from the legs , but after I started a plan just hatched and "the mad Painter of the Redwoods" really took over and I had no control over my hands, it had a life and mind of  it's own, so like it or not, here is the finished creation, I am calling, "fantasy Pleo" because I do not know what else to call it. P;D P:) so let me know if it is ok or not.................

RWM "the mad pleo painter of the Redwoods", she gets the credit as she took over and I had no more control! :o ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:56:49 AM by RedwoodsMama »

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #457 on: February 01, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »

i love it, but, i dont know whether he would look even better if you brought the green further down the legs so he just had brown feet?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #458 on: February 01, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »

Hi Snowy, yes it is possible that his feet will continue, I just wasn't sure if it would be too much so left some of the original tan/brown color like some on the face.

RWm

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #459 on: February 02, 2012, 11:43:43 AM »

oh well, what can I say. seems as if while I as regenerating some sleep for my human body, "The Mad Pleo Painter of the REdwoods", had a go with one of my innocent Pleos sleeping innocently on the shelf with it's companions. I must have interrupted their dastardy deed during the night while looking for a drink, and they didn't have the courage to finish their task, as the Pleo has some new color, but only on one side of the body, and the tail was stopped midway! :o I guess I scared them off, so I will have to lie in wait tonight to see if they come back to finish what they started............................
                                     This Pleo is unaware of what is going on but the other Pleos have noticed the new "salon makeover" and are giving her a good once over this morning so I thought it only appropriate to take some photos of the new look, and also great mug shots if the Pleo Painter needs to be prosecuted, I will have some good evidence of the "crime'.  :D             

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #460 on: February 02, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »

I love the speckled effect on that one - probably takes hours to do it so finely, but it's worth it! :D

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #461 on: February 02, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »

yes, i like the speckling too, and the white lines and everything  :)

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2012, 04:23:07 AM »

very good Photo RWM like me. :)
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »

Hi Franzi, thanks for the comments, I have been wondering what to do next as I have a couple of canditates and I got a request from PleoWorld fan site after posting a photo of Coral and the other Purple Green one, I asked what color should I do next and they told me their fave color, so rather than announce what they said they would like to do, I will just do it and then show it here and on their site. I think it should be interesting as two colors that I would not have thought of right away. I did see also another great color combination in a bird a few days ago, and will post that color combo here later today.
           I just  have been so  busy that I haven't had much time for much of anything let alone the "mad Painter of the Redwoods" enthusiasm to do anything, just too tired..but Spring is in the air and rejuvination is about to begin! (:

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #464 on: April 09, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »

yes please nice love RWM like me that you the Pleos paint has. :)
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #465 on: April 18, 2012, 04:13:13 AM »

Lilo is undergoing her second makeover :) Here is the base coat, although she may need one more coat, I have to wait until tomorrow so I can see it in daylight. Once again I am using a custom 75% latex and 25% acrylic paint blend.

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #466 on: April 18, 2012, 04:20:06 AM »

Woooooo - it's so nice to see Lilo looking all glossy and healthy again!  :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with!  ^-^

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #467 on: May 03, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »

Lilo looks not only glossy and beautiful but very healthy and just like new. Can't wait to see the final result. I expect it will be a big surprise for all of us! P:D              Fantastic color so far! :cool:

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #468 on: May 03, 2012, 01:11:52 PM »

Well Kat spotted a small Pleo coloring I was undertaking a few weeks ago as well, and now that the "pleo is out of the bag",  :D here is the first and second step of the paint makeover. This is not complete and done of course. I expect with rain forcast all week, I am going to have plenty of time to paint...so this Pleo may resemble Rossella a bit, but they are actually quite different, it is just that with rain and overcast grey clouds, there are no real good natural lighting anywhere that can show the true colos. Orange shades are quite varied as you all know, so the actual coloring may surprise you, but this will give you a rough idea.          Please be gentle, this is just a baby Pleo and has come a long way from deep in the Redwoods, that is why the colors blend in so well with the ferns and fauna of the Redwoods floor.  P:)

There are a couple more photos in the gallery, but here are two of them.             RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #469 on: July 08, 2012, 07:37:35 PM »

Well the last Pleo I started doing a makeover on, I completley undid, removed all the paint and started all over again. This time I got the look I was invisioning and got it the way I want. It is a inspiration from the recent sunny happy weather here in the Redwoods. I have just some touch up to do on the face and small small areas of paint removal on eye ball and similiar small areas. I hope you like my latest Pleo. This is definitly a Happy Sunny Pleo. ;D P:)

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #470 on: July 09, 2012, 02:28:39 AM »

Lovely cheerful colors RWM! Any Pleo is sure to have a sunny disposition when sporting such fabulous skin!  :sheep1:

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #471 on: July 09, 2012, 05:31:07 AM »

You are very creative. They look  great. What types of paint did you use?   What did you use to remove the paint?  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #472 on: July 09, 2012, 01:15:18 PM »

Thanks Lotti, glad you liked him or her... ???He or she is very colorful and that is the mood I was in and trying to show.  ;D P8)

Mickey, as for getting the old paint off, harder than it sounds, but that is because I Used lots and lots of elbow grease,and my elbows are like the rest of my worn out ole body, arthritic and in pain most days. so Pleo paint removing is a slow process but I have plenty of time. I used gentle soap, a toothbrush, and believe it or not, some olive oil as well. ( Helped to keep the skin the rubber soft and works well on fresher paint  sometimes as well.)

AS for paint used, it was Acrylic paint this time with no inks, so a first for me, Usually I use a mixture of inks, acrylic and laytex and some painted dry pigments. I have even used oil paint, but not this time.The paint dries super fast so you have to be careful and if a mistake remove and do again. I used two different acrylic paints also. Thanks for the questions.                    RWM, the "mad painter of the Redwoods" P:D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #473 on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »

Wow, somebody's been busy!  :D

That's a lovely sunny looking Pleo, and the skin texture looks good too. Great job RWM!  ;D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #474 on: July 09, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »

He is very Sunny :)  Sunny would be a good name for him too I think :)
Pages: 1 ... 18 [19] 20   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal