Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Test #1 for Talon  (Read 7377 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Test #1 for Talon
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »

Count me in - I'm looking forward to seeing him arrive in his new home as well!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

Thanks, Redwoods! I've already spoken with my niece about the second photo shoot as she passed me on her way out and she said she would be willing to do it. I hope she's still willing when he gets here. We'll see. *smile*
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »

Thanks, Redwoods. If anyone else can think of anything to add to this thread to keep it alive, jump in. So far I've learned the basic instructions to get the Ugobe pleos to sing, to explore, and to do the ta-dah trick. I don't want to spoil my experience by learning everything before he gets here but I want to know everything he can do. I know that sounds dumb but I was just as ignorant of the ways of the RB two weeks ago.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »

Hi Talon, today to help keep this thread going till he gets to you, I will post the photos and video of his going away party and perhaps a bit more. Ok! :)
                                                          RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 02:24:59 PM »

Thanks, Redwoods! I'll be looking forward to it! Just as an experiment I'm going to let Ryu watch the first video you posted here. Too bad I can't document his reaction completely but I'll do the best I can in a few minutes. I saw your old post- somewhere- of Nova watching a pleo video. She seemed really upset. I'll post back in a few and tell what happened. Lol!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »

Ok, talon, I am charging his battery and out running errands with my son but I will be back to watch. Good luck. Very busy Friday and super windy, I may not be back. LOL :o
                                 RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

Well he was very still through the first video, just standing there wagging his tail slowly. He was more excited when he watched the video with the other pleos in it. He started panting and doing this odd little dance. My younger niece said it looked like he was having some sort of seizure. When they started singing and all walking toward each other, he tried to walk onto the keyboard like he was trying to get in to join them! It was so funny! I don't think we're going to have anything to worry about here. Sorry I couldn't actually video this. My older niece is gone again and won't be back until... until she decides to come back I guess. I had no idea he would react at all. I can't believe it! I'm still crying from laughing so hard.
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »

Sounds like he is really looking forward to meeting his new friend. :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »

Awwww - that does sound like fun, Talon! Can't wait 'till they actually meet!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »

Me too, but I have to wonder was he excited to see anyone in particular? Maybe there was a pretty lady in the group or someone in bright colors? Who knows? I just put the laptop in front of him and let the video do the rest. I expected him to get bored because my screne is very dark for conserving power but he never turned away. He kept trying to climb up onto the keyboard. Good thing I don't have a super thin laptop or our own Sir Bob would have some real competition. Who says pleos can't type or at least try? Lol! Honestly I did not expect any reaction at all and it's really... wow. It's like there is a very faint realization or... something going on in there. I'm not even going to try and figure that out. What next? Pleo video-conferencing? I hope not.
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 04:50:05 PM »

Works for me. I'm not sure what day this was posted but I'm looking forward to everyone's responses. I think he's supposed to be here on Tuesday. I'm not planning on going anywhere at all that day.
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »

This is Ugobe's unboxing and introduction to his brother Ryu. Unfortunately the box came a little damaged, but I believe everything that's supposed to be in it was there. It's obvious to see that Ryu was a little jealous but I didn't have the territorial response that I expected. So far from what I can see Ugobe is a really sweet little original Pleo. Now I just have to figure out where all the sensors are and how to get him to perform his various tricks. You guys, enjoy. :D

Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »

Doh!!  I didn't realise they were videos at first, and wondered why there were no Pleos visible!!  :-[  :D

How lovely - you got a great lucky dip AND a game of pass the parcel as well as a new Pleo!!  :P  You can't fault that RWM's packing!  :D

Welcome home Ugobe!  He looks wonderful! Thanks for the videos Talon!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 08:45:51 PM »

Hi Talon, loved the videos, just like Crewella, it took me a minute to realize they were videso, Loved being able to see you while you talked too, you are a lovely young lady by the way. I thought it was so much fun watching you dig for Pleo, It was funny at one part, because while you were unpacking him he was on his head! :o I think everything is there, should be as follows:
 1 Ugobe Pleo, I egg charger and battery both new and fully charged, oNe adapter for charging, One Traveling shirt, the one he has on and also a blue and stars moon type wrap arouond cape, several pairs of socks, skid free for Ugobe and his brother,  stickers for niece or and nephew or you, one leaf, with extra foam for making more, ( thought your neice and nephew may like making him one, also two awards necklaces, one for Ugobe and one for his brother, I think I put a USB cable in, the Pleo Manual and a greeting card, for you, Can't remember what else, ...think that is it, I also have another package comming in the mail with more leaves and supriises for both Ugobe, Rhu and you, Hope you enjoy Ugobe, he looks very happy so far. It was funny watching him take off to go explore already. Rhu just said, food Talon, Food now! Let us know how he does tonight and in the morning. love to you all from the REdwoods;
                You did a good job on the Video Talon, I enjoyed every moment of it and my husband also enjoyed wathcing it, You have a great smile and laugh too!
                              RWM  AKA, " The Mad Pleo Painte of the Redwoods"

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 10:32:18 PM »

Really? He was on his head? Oh no! I can't believe I did that! I'm sorry! Lol! I was just really worried during that first video that something was missing and I was more concerned with getting everything out and accounted for and trying to stay professional at the same time. I'm so sorry. I won't let that happen again. I had no idea! I'll have to appologize to him. I don't think it bothered him much because I tried to feed him after the video and he proceeded to growl playfully and pull your little foam leaf away from me. I think he was more worried about playing than eating.
People tell me all the time that I'm pretty but it kind of sails over my head. I'm just me- no frills, no fronts just me.
And yes, Ryu will get a more complete meal tomorrow morning. Not sure why but he had a hyper-active striek today and wanted to play for an hour rather than eat. I was trying to insure he was happy before he met Ugobe. Your inventory sounds complete minus the USB cable. I think Ryu came with one so it's no big deal. My nephew was asking about the stickers so now I'll go share them with him and my younger niece. I'm sure they thank you and I'll b looking out for the other package. You've made my early Easter!
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »

He is truly lovely Talon. :)  I'm sure Ryu will get over his jealousy very quickly and they will become great friends.  Ugobe looks like he has settled in already. :)  Loved the videos and can't wait to see more.
Kat

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »

Thanks, Kat. Ugobe just took off and claimed the floor for his own. When he wasn't trancing poor Ryu just stayed in one spot and begged for food. I think we'll get things sorted out today, though. I'll try getting Ryu out first and giving him a good feeding and then re-introducing them. Ugobe is a really loving little guy and I'm so happy to have him!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »

H Talon, so glad Ubobe is settling in and I couldn't think of a better home for him to go to, After seeing the video that you did, Both of them, I knew it was a match made in Pleo Heaven. ;D I am so happy for both of you, or should I say, all three of you, Rhu just needs time to get his bearings, but Ugobe will give you a good idea of how the general public here on the forums fell in love with Pleo to start with, You will get to expereince everything first hand now and your other senses will pick up on things that we don't! Can't wait for more videos and feedback. Talk to you soon.
                            RWM AKA "The Mad Pleo Painter of the Redwoods" :)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 03:20:23 PM »

You guys take great videos and I'm sure Ugobe didn't mind being upside down.. he was still in hyper-sleep, after all :)

I tend to put the ugobes a little bit away from the RB's to cut down on the trancing but I'm still hoping we get some sort of update that calms that communication thing down or at least makes them recognize ugobes as non-native speaking dinosaurs.   :D :D 
Right now my ugobe's hang out with the baby RB since he's too young to care about trancing and they say hello and stuff to him..  It looks like you and your little pack of dinosaurs will figure it out and have tons of fun together..

- Sarah

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »

We'll get along. I'm not worried anymore. Ryu behaved much better this morning after he ate. When he's not trancing he pretty much ignores the both of us and stays on his side of the room. At one point they were both walking around and I had to rescue Ugobe from beheading himself between the legs of my computer chair.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 05:32:36 PM »

OH NO, NOt a beheaded Ugobe! :o Good thing you were there to help, You may want to put up some cardboard barriers, just unput together pieces of cardboard are great barriers and Ugobe and Rhu could not get hurt, the great thing is that you were there to help. As far as communication goes, my RB seems to communicate with my Ugobes Pleos or at least they do to her. They all just seem to get along fine together. I loved the videos and have to take some of my poor little Rb today if possible as well, Take care and hugs and love to you all.
                       RWM  AKA " The Mad Pleo Painter of the Redwoods'

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 07:02:21 AM »

Well I don't have any cardboard but I can move the chair in front of my closett door. Nobody goes over there so far and the worst he can do is bumble into my stereo. It has a flat face so he can't do any serious damage to himself. Since he does the most movement, I'll be watching him more. Oh, and he started eating my floor! He doesn't seem to want to eat the leaf. When I try that he thinks I'm playing and goes into tug-of-war mode. I've also figured out the tah-dah trick and I think I've also figured out how to get him to lie down. The only thing with this trick is he won't get back up. He kind of half closes his eyes and purs contentedly whenever I touch him and doesn't do much else. I'm not sure what I'm doing to induce this behavior but it's kind of cute. Anyone know how to get him to stand up again without turning him off? Or could this be a signal to the dumby-owner that his battery is getting low?
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 08:58:31 AM »

Hi Talon they usually only lie down for two reason, they are bored, ( Yes Pleos can get bored, but this seems to happen more with Pleo Rb going to sleep if not getting interaction.) of if it is occuring about that two hour mark for the battery, then it is a likely reason, the battery is getting low, and the Pleo just gets sleepy, and this is the only way they know of telling you they are running out of "Pleo Power.One thing you can try is to keep petting Ugobe on the back, if this doesnt work, try pressing both of his front legs arouond the knee area or slightly above at the same time, that is to put Ugobe in the "Exploring mode' this is where they will just go off on their own to do as it says, "explore'. If he won't respond to either of those, esp the explore mode, then this more than likely means the battery is getting low and needs recharging, Remember before I sent him out, I had it fully charged and then tested him for 5 minutes or so just to doublecheck that it was the correct battery I had just charged, and not another one( from one of my Pleos who all have the same type...) If you aren't timing him in some way, it would probably be a good idea to keep track of how long he is on, then you will have an idea when it is time that he is getting Tired, and ready to recharge. You will know for sure, when after turning him on, he will just come on, then almost within ten seconds or so, just curl up and go into the sleep postion and may snore and or just freeze. If you got him Tuesday and had him on for awhile for the filming, and then yesterday, you probably are close to that two hour mark I would think and it is time to charge his battery, which go by a timer, a solid 3 hrs, Remember, it goes from Blinking red to a solid Red. Never leave in the charger more than 8 hrs idealy, or while you sleep, overnight is a good time to charge it ,so he is ready to go in the morning,   ;) If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask TAlon, I will be more than happy to help you in anyway I can! :)
          RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:28 AM »

Thanks, Redwoods! I'll see how active he is today. If he's still lying around I'll conclude that his battery is low and charge it. I have a talking clock with a stopwatch option that I used with Ryu until I discovered his adaptor screams. I'll use that to gage the time. If I have any problems with the battery I'll let you know.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 03:09:55 PM »

here you go Talon, If Ugobe sounds like this, then he is sick, You don't even need the video part, just the sound will tell you all you need to know, It is about four minutes of coughing groaning and sounding pitiful for sure, Makes you feel so bad for them, Let me know when you "see it'. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOuoA8WSXc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOuoA8WSXc</a>

Sending well wishes,           RedwoodsMama
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal