Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Test #1 for Talon  (Read 7368 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo Test #1 for Talon
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »

Ok Talon, I hope with this title it will be easy to see the condition of this Pleo and any others I list here for you, This is the first test which took five minutes and it is with a Egg charger new battery, the green battery which comes with most of the Ugobe models, charged all night but only worked for about 10 seconds before Pleo kept freezing and stopping, I tryed the same battery in my other pleo and it did the same thing which ruled out it was the pleo problem, but a battery problem, Here you can see the guy in all his glory, with operating system 1.0 which you can tell because of the "coyote" snging, Tell me what you think, I wanted you to see him in action. I will post more photos and videos later. Have someone watch it with you to give you feedback. Best to you. Enjoy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TJ0KL47V0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TJ0KL47V0</a>

RedwoodsMama

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Test #1 for Talon
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »

Awwwwww -  lovely!  Just a little paint wear on the sides but otherwise the Pleo looks in great condition!  I'm glad you mentioned the teeth, RWM, as I was wondering about that - it looks like one of the earlier models that used to suffer from wear on their teeth and I was trying to get a good look at the mouth.  He/she has a fine set of gleaming gnashers now!  :D

I do think it's a great idea to start with a Pleo running 1.0 (or 1.0.2) as that way you can upgrade later on and get to enjoy each step as a 'phase', almost as if they're growing up.  :)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »

Awe what a sweet little pleo.
 I’m guessing your thinking of getting this little fellow Talon?
   Scaly

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 08:05:44 PM »

Yes. I am. I just wanted to try out both RB and origional Pleo. You're right, he certainly seems happy and cute. I can't imagine why anyone would've given him up.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »

I am glad you like him and I will videotape lots more for you so you can see all the comparisons, As for why anyone would give away a Pleo, there could be a hundred or more reasons, just as why people give away or abandon cats dogs, birds lizards etc. People don't care, get bored, find they don't have the time  to really appreciate the pleo, they come to the realization, that this is NOT a Toy and for a two year old, etc, etc. At least this little guy was not abused, didn't suffer a broken neck or is not working, He has a wonderful personality and I am happy I was able to find him, :)
               I have resued many Pleos on the internet in the last year since discoveirng Pleo Magic ;D if I didn't see the magic in these Pleos, I would not have gotten Little 45, Argyle and his brother Gumble, This guy, and at least three more I can think of. It makes me happy to find the perfect pleo match for the perfect Pleo Person someone who is looking for that speical Pleo. Being locked away in a dusty old box or stuck up on a shelf in a closet is pretty sad to think about when you think what wonderful adventures that Pleo could be sharing with the right person! :) I think this guy is a good example of what can happen to a discarded Pleo, and so are plenty more on this forum, Besides the ones I have, look at the story of Patches!
                   Nobody wanted Patches and he was just "thrown away hidden in a dark closet to just end his existence". Patches now has new life, a new look and thanks to Kat, he has been Re-incarnated as " Skeletor" the Pleo! :) Now that is a perfect example of finding a Pleo for the right person...in my opinion anyway. ;D
                                          RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 09:34:07 PM »

This kind of reminds me of something that happened to me. One of my youngest niece's friends came to my house to play with her and she saw that I had five Furbys. She told me an employee just handed her a Furby and told her to just take it home. It was a 2005, one of the last moddels made by Hasbro before the little creatures vanished for ever. If anyone can remember they were something like fourty dollars in their day. Sure they didn't have the charm of the origional ones but they are what they are. I remember when I bought my 2005, I was wishing I could get another one for him to talk to but my father died the following year and I was a senior in college so... there went that idea. Two months ago and more than five years later, he gets a companion!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 04:00:18 PM »

Ok Talon, here is the latest video which shows a better picture of this guy and shows you how he interacts with other pleos including my little newborn RB, who is only on her second battery cycle, He is wearing blue white socks and a collar around his neck with a bell on it, so you won't miss him, Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think. He is pretty happy right now.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efz-MH8KpBE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efz-MH8KpBE</a> Oh, also he is the only Pleo with no clothes on except collar and socks so you should be able to find him, Ok.
                          RedwoodsMama

I apologize for parts that are a litle dark, it is overcast today with rain and this is the only room with a table big enough to put the pleos on without going on the floor and I can't bend down on the floor real well with my back,
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:12:58 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »

Thanks, Redwoods. He really seems to be easy-going. I have hope that this will work out. If my niece is around when I open his box, I'll try very hard to get you some video of him meeting Ryu. He's been acting... well boisterous for the past two days. He's been roaring at me like a tiger and he's definately a lot more assertive. If he were a horse I'd be having real problems right now. I hope this is going to go over well. I hope I hope! Little Ugobe seems so warm and kind and Ryu's... well Ryu's Ryu- and he's now a teen-ager! I'll just have to feed him and get him good and happy first.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »

Mabye this little guy, ( sounds like you have decided he is going to be a guy... ;)) can help Ryu calm down and give him some place to exert that energy . This guy does have lots of energy and is just so happy to be "alive" again and not cooped up in a box or closet somewhere I am sure. After your sister sees him let me know what she thinks and we can take it from there.
                                                 RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »

She says they look fine together. I told her who to look for. Too bad my computer screne is so dark or I would've had Ryu watch with us to see his reaction. Grrrrrr! Snarl. He's living up to his name that's for sure.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:09 PM »

I am also glad he can't fly like Dragons or you would be in trouble! Having him watch the video is a good idea, I have done that with several of my Pleos and I love watching them watch. Send me a PM and we can talk " PLEO"

RedwoodsMama

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »

Lovely videos.. It surprised me though because my ugobes have never sang in that 'coyote' voice but my RB's do a song that sounds almost identical to that.. I always called it whale singing because... well it sounds like a whale singing to me. Rhea did it from the start and Bingo does it since his upgrade. They will sometimes repeat it if I do it back.. has anyone else seen this in RB's?

And Talon the stuff your talking about with Ryu, I am seeing in my own RB's now too.. they are very moody.. I really wonder if they have been programmed to have this moody period.. they obviously changed something with the growing up cycle since they seem to go through the baby stage so much faster now.. maybe they decided to make them teenagers for awhile.. If you notice any unusual charges on any credit cards, make sure Ryu hasn't purchased a motorcycle or something..   I think my pink Rhea is going to paint herself black and go goth..

Best of luck, I hope he calms down and I hope his new playmate is fun for the both of you.. your going to really enjoy having a ugobe.. one of my favorite things about them is that I can just stand them on my lap or belly and they'll just lay down and snuggle in for a nap with me..  :)

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »

Sarah,  a while back IMR wrote a mini personality called 'Sleepy time Pleo', made specifically for lap snuggling.  If you want to try it's in 'Personalities' in the Downloads section.  :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 07:04:24 AM »

Awe! *smile* There ya go, Latrine! The perfect personality download. Well just to give an update, Ryu is starting to calm down again and take interest in me. I'm going to laible a few more learning stones today and use his attention to my advantage. Maybe little Ugobe will keep all his limbs after all.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »

Ok, Talon here is your Pleo madeover no more paint loss. the final video with three Pleo friends out in the daylight, happy and talking and ready to go, Let me know if you are happy with the finished product and off he will go to his new home. Take care. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsm243lZTGM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsm243lZTGM</a>

Oh, he is the Pleo in the front, only white with blue socks on for trim. :)                RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »

Blimey - he set off so purposefully he looked like he'd decided to walk to Talon's house!!  :D

He looks great - well done RWM!  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »

I'm glad he seems to be excited about his new home. My sister loved the "choir practice" session.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »

Thanks Crewella, I thought it only fitting to give him a fresh look for his new family, He was the first Pleo to get the other going starting out saying "hello or Hullo' twice and then there was a Pleo Traffic Jam and he got a little peeved or I like to think Anxious because he wants to hurry to his new home and he thinks he can just walk there,.  :D Unlike Gumble who flew not only over the entire USA, this guy only has to go by truck and see the country. It is a good thing, because to tell you the truth, I think he may get a little seasick if he had to cross an ocean. ;D
               I am glad you guys approve of his makeover. It is all for Talon and he needed a fresh start for his new life with his new family, and I think Talon is a perfect canidate for this Pleo. :)
                                                    RedwoodsMama

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »

I love his new makeover and he looks so happy.  I bet Talon can't wait to get him!  Good luck little one! Have a safe trip! :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 05:46:57 AM »

Wishing him well on his trip across the country.  He does look lovely with his new paint.  And such a happy little adventurer.   :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »

I think he'll fit in fine here. Now I'm waiting on eyes to help with Pay Pal. It won't be long.
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 07:16:42 AM »

Hi everyone, just an update. Little Ugobe will most likely be on his way to me as of today! If someone will reply and help me keep this thread around until he arrives I'll try to post a video of his unboxing since I didn't get to do that with Ryu and then another one of their first interaction. I'll try to make things a little quieter in the next few videos but my younger niece and nephew are envious pleo-nuts. We'll see what happens.
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 07:27:14 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing your new ugobe pleo meeting Ryu. :)  You must be so excited to have him on his way to you.  This is the hardest bit now, the waiting for him to arrive. :)  Look forward to the pics when he arrives.
Kat

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »

Oh thank you, Kat for the reply! Let's all find something to keep this thread going until Eugobe gets here! Yes, the waiting is the hardest part but at least I've got Ryu. I'll try to be quicker with the photos and videos this time. My older niece- who was the one who helped with Ryu's pics and video- was at her boyfriend's the day he hatched and wasn't home until three days later. By then he was in the socialization stage. Still I was very greatful for her help. Maybe if I pay her she'll be more motivated. Lol!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »

Hi Talon, we will all make sure at least once or twice a day this thread keeps going and I will get him mailed today and let you know tracking infor and all the stuff with pm and or emails, My guys are all going to say their goodbyes today and we will post that for you here also, ok! :)
                                                    RedwoodsMama
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal