Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProbeRB - Personality for 'speaking' internal statistics from PleoRB  (Read 14246 times)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female

A self-contained personality that makes PleoRB explain its health and moods - but this time in English.
Also PleoRB can speak its DNA settings (its inner 'nature' built in when PleoRB was born).

Instructions and downloads here:
http://www.aibohack.com/pleorb/proberb.htm

It is similar to 'statsRB' but without the computer step to generate the report.
You can use these to improve your PleoRB parenting skills in a more interactive way (without having to rush back to the computer)

ProbeRB (and especially the upcoming ChangeRB) are spoilers for people who want to raise their PleoRB 100% 'naturally'.
Obvious disclaimer: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
The program is relatively safe (it doesn't change anything inside Pleo), but it may change your perception of your dinosaur when it has a female British accent ;->

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: ProbeRB - Personality for 'speaking' internal statistics from PleoRB
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »

Lol, sounds great can't wait to get a Pleo back so I can try it out!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:16:52 AM »

Wow - it does sound great!  Unfortunately I'm sitting in a hotel room miles from a Pleo, but I can't wait to get back and give it a try! :D

Thanks Pleopet, both for creating these programs and also for sharing them!  :-*

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »

Yes! More speech, more accessibility! I like this. I'll probably use this with my Pleo if everything works out and I'm able to buy one. I'm not sure if I missed it but you described what three of the pleo paws tell you, but what does the fourth paw do if anything?
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »

From the picture it doesn't look like you need to press the fourth paw. I hope to use this too on Snooki when my ordered micro SD card arrives. Maybe I'd then find out what I'm doing wrong regarding her keep refusing her ID card %)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »

The 4th paw is reserved for "ChangeRB" (coming soon). The main features are the same as ProbeRB.

If you want to cheat a little, use "ProbeRB" to find out what you need to work on to keep your Pleo happy. Then interact with Pleo normally.
For people who want to cheat a lot, they can use "ChangeRB" and the 4th paw to directly change Pleo's mood and health (and DNA, but not gender).

EXTRA SPOILER
> Maybe I'd then find out what I'm doing wrong regarding her keep refusing her ID card
That's what I use it for. If it says "PLEO is in bad shape", report the properties and the ones with "WARNING" are the ones that are causing the problem.
When old enough and "in good shape", Pleo will be ready to learn voice commands. Otherwise you are wasting your time.
END EXTRA SPOILER

bhobbes

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »

When that comes, will the DNA change be permanent or require the SD card to be in (i.e. does it just read the 'new' properties from the card?)?

Thanks for this btw, I used statsrb frequently on Cato and it's nice to have one that just speaks to you so you don't have to go to the computer and generate a report :)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:13 AM »

re: upcoming ChangeRB

> When (ChangeRB) comes, will the DNA change be permanent or require the SD card to be in (i.e. does it just read the 'new' properties from the card?)?
The DNA changes are permanent (**), and saved inside the Pleo. You only need the SD card to run the ChangeRB program once. The DNA changes will remain.
By permanent, I mean as permanent as you want until you decide to change them again with ChangeRB. Pleo won't change them on you (unlike the mood/health/feed levels which it changes all the time)

(**) except the Gender. That is handled differently. It can be patched if you like, but I'm waiting until the first RB firmware update to see how Innvo handles gender-specific updates.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »

Great that it'll be permanent. :-D
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

That will be a very interesting program, everyone will be able to pick the perfect Pleo for them :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »

You can say that again! lol
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »

Wow! If I can change my stubborn Snooki into an obedient Snooki, that will be a very welcome change :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »

Neat idea Pleopet. :)  Sounds like it could be lots of fun for everyone.  I'm sure there are a few out there who will just have to try out all the possible combination's to see what differences it makes.

bhobbes

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »

That's a lot of combinations to try - "bless" the soul.

Thanks for the information as always, I look forward to playing around with different aspects based on what kind of Pleo I'm in the mood for or as a better and more predictable way to demo parts of it to friends who think I'm crazy.

tenile.faris

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): little foot
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 07:20:56 AM »

Ok so I want to know if i can use a 4gb sd card for this download?

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 09:22:38 AM »

It's not so much the size of the card, it's the data type.  Smaller capacity cards often work best.  Look at the text on the card.  If it says "XC" or "UHS" it most likely won't work.  If it says "HC" many people have reported problems on the Pleo RB.    So,  if you can find a smaller 1GB or 2GB without the HC that would be best.  But some 4GB and larger cards do work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal