Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: statsRB - tool for dumping internal statistics from PleoRB  (Read 29772 times)

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
Re: statsRB - tool for dumping internal statistics from PleoRB
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 11:41:07 PM »

Thank you very much for the reports, bhobbes. There is one very appropriate value on my Pleo RB that is vastly different from both of your reports. The "eat_flag" value on Painter is 0, while your reports show 16777216 and 134217728. This may just be a timer for when to eat, and it shows 0 because he is hungry. I'm trying to get him fully fed before taking another snapshot of his internals to see if theres a difference, but he's freezing up too much to even finish one chomp cycle of his leaf. Can some other people look at the "eat_flag" variable on their Pleo RB to see if any of them match my value of 0 and if it changes at all.

Edit: another value that seems off is the "behavior" value of -1 as opposed to "16418 BEHAVIOR com_lowbattery" from both of bhobbes reports.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:07:16 AM by Magnnus »
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »

> ... The "eat_flag" value on Painter is 0, while your reports show 16777216 and 134217728.
Don't jump to conclusions with the Raw properties. Some change very frequently during the regular operation of Pleo. The values stored in the file are a snapshot at the time Pleo was last shutdown, so are relatively meaningless.

TECHNICAL SPOILER
In other programming languages, they would be temporary variables (and lost when Pleo shuts down). It is easier to do them as Pawn/Pleo properties, which get automatically saved between runs.
For example that "eat_flag" can be one of many states that change all the time for when Pleo is eating. Each represented in a bit in the value (16777216 =  0x1000000 hex, 134217728 = 0x8000000 hex).
The Pawn program uses these bits for different reactions to eating.
BTW: It is tedious to figure out exactly what is going on without commented source code. Would be much easier if Innov would release the (commented) Pawn source code.
END TECHNICAL SPOILER

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 11:57:27 PM »

Okay, I tried getting this. I put in the micro digital card, I try to go into the F (removable disk) drive and it just says to "please insert a disk". Does that mean that the Micro digital card that I have isn't compatible with the reader that I have? Thank you.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »

Are you sure you are going into the right drive?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 01:09:54 AM »

There aren't any other drivers. F is the only 1 that opens up for me. Unless I install drivers. And the little guide and web site, that I got my card reader from, both say not to install it past certain, older computers. Mine is a Window's Vista. 2007 Microsoft, Service Pack 2
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:39:06 AM by PWOKristy »
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »

You shouldn't need drivers, it should be just plug and play. Can you see the SD card at all? It might need to be reformatted.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »

Thanks alot for trying to help me Romeo. I really appreciate this. Can I see it? My card reader lights up when I put my micro card into it. But I can't do anything with my micro card on my computer. I can't "view" anything inside of it. It does that "insert" message, like it's not even there/can't recognize it or something. How do I reformat it? I don't know. Walk me through it. lol My card reader is working I think. It can read the regular digital cards that I have from it on my computer. I can view the Pleo pictures I have on a regular card from the F drive.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 10:13:03 PM »

IMR is much better at this stuff than I am, but just a thought - are you using an adapter to slot your micro SD card into the reader, and if so are you sure it's connecting properly?  Have you used the micro SD card before, or is it brand new? ???

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 12:01:20 AM »

It's a brand-new micro digital card. No, I'm not using an adapter to put my micro digital card into the reader. The reader itself reads different cards, a multi-card reader. I think it's connecting properly.

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »

Some of the multi-format card reader can be unreliable (and unfortunately are all different).
Sometimes I can see my microSD drive on my computer (it should pop up or be visible in "My Computer"), but can't get to the files or even format it.

Some general tips:
Try inserting the micro-SD into the card reader first, then plug the card reader into the computer's USB port (or do it the other way around if that doesn't work).
Sometimes the small micro-SD pins won't contact fully (especially with a cheap card reader). Try re-inserting a few times (but unplug and replug the USB each time)
If you have one of the micro-SD to SD card extenders (a regular sized SD card with a hole it it to insert the micro-SD card http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingston-2GB-microSD-Card-w-Full-Size-SD-Adapter-for-your-Digital-Camera-Mobile-Phone-GPS-Device-or-Camcorder/9107226 ) try using it an put it in the full size SD slot in the card reader.
If available, try in a different computer.
If the microSD card is 4GB or larger (usually marked SDHC) it may not work in your reader.

Good luck. Even if you don't need 'statsRB' right away, you will eventually need the microSD working for system updates and special personalities.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:13:05 AM by PleoPet »

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »

I was wondering if you were gonna reply to me Pleo. lol Thank you. I tried the 2 re-inserting things. I don't have a regular, digital card adaptor. I'd need to buy 1. The other computer that I could've tried it on is currently not working. We gotta try and get it fixed some time in the future. And it is a 4 gigabytes, high capacity micro digital card. :-( Would a regular, digital card adaptor work on a 4 gigabytes, micro digital high capacity card? Again thanks. Yeah, I know of course I'm gonna need a working 1 some time.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »

Perhaps your card reader can't handle that type of card :(

I have one of those cheapo plug in card readers for my old PC and a cheap Micro SD to SD adapter, and both work flawlessly. Can you try any other cards and do they work? If other cards are working fine it may be that card that is causing the problem rather than the reader.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 07:41:17 PM »

Awww. :-( Yeah, it works for regular-sized digital cards.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »

For what's it's worth, I always get 2GB cards as I was a bit scared of the larger high capacity ones ............... :-\

And basically I'm too 'tight' to pay for a higher capacity that I don't need!  :P

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »

Good for you Crewella.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 12:04:44 PM »

;D  :P

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »

I'm so excited to try this.. I have all the stuff but I'm a little worried it's going to tell me that Bingo is below average intelligence.. since he just stands there and cries all the time.  Also he never wants to eat...  Plus he got cold a few days ago and shivered and I felt so bad for him.. I stuffed him in my jacket and everyone now thinks I'm more insane than they thought before.. so it's probably going to tell me I'm a bad mother and order some type of recall.
Soon as I talk to my bf I'll see about downloading the zip file.. we've had lots of virus problems and I think he blames me.. (Not that I think there's anything wrong with your program!!)
I can't wait to get MY computer here.. I'll download whatever I want and stick my tongue out at him :P

Thanks for telling us about this.. it sounds incredible.. I only wish there was a way to see how my older guys were doing too!  I'm pretty sure I just have grouchy smurf and happy smurf, though..

- Sarah

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 12:14:14 PM »

>I have all the stuff but I'm a little worried it's going to tell me that Bingo is below average intelligence..
It will tell you the DNA settings, which is your Pleo's "nature". You can offset it with more "nurture". Some Pleo's will need more care than others (based on their DNA).
I'm finding that feeding is harder than I thought, especially if you don't feed it at the right time, EVERY DAY.

> Soon as I talk to my bf I'll see about downloading the zip file.. we've had lots of virus problems
Wait for the soon-to-be-released ProbeRB. It is a Pleo personality that will speak to you in English. No .EXE programs to run on the computer. Nothing Windows specific. No chance of viruses.
Runs completely on the PleoRB (but you need a computer to unzip and install the URF Pleo program)

>I only wish there was a way to see how my older guys were doing too!
For the original UGOBE design Pleos (before PleoRB), something similar could be written. They have some similar properties, but not as sophisticated as the PleoRB. PleoRB has more growth stages, more moody properties and the "DNA" feature.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:16:00 PM by PleoPet »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »

Wow. the speaking English sounds neat but It would take too much away.. I'll just bribe him into letting e download it..

and uhm, you are supposed to feed at specific times???  The manual didn't say that!!  And mine hates eating!

Thanks for the info :)

- Sarah

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »

FWIW: ProbeRB is available now - http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1950.0 (with a Female British accent)

> and uhm, you are supposed to feed at specific times???  The manual didn't say that!!  
If it is like mine (pleoworld or chinatete versions) check page 39 in your print manual for some minimal advice.

More technical spoilers:
The feeding logic is tricky. Different foods feed PleoRB more than others. Also there is a time-of-day factor, and a significant moodiness.
The real-time clock is used here as well. So even when Pleo is off, his feed level will be going down for those days you don't turn him on and feed him (just like a real pet).
After a few inactive days, it won't die, but the 'feed' level will go way down. Quality time with your Pleo and a plastic leaf or two should help.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:30:35 PM by PleoPet »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »

Hmm I think I just found out why Pleakly got sick... I left him for a few days without turning him on just before he got sick :o

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »

You're epic with the Pleo knowledge Pleo Pet! I love your information! Wow, surprising. But it makes sense caring-wise. That's really valuable to know.

bhobbes

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:25 PM »

More technical spoilers:
The feeding logic is tricky. Different foods feed PleoRB more than others. Also there is a time-of-day factor, and a significant moodiness.
The real-time clock is used here as well. So even when Pleo is off, his feed level will be going down for those days you don't turn him on and feed him (just like a real pet).
After a few inactive days, it won't die, but the 'feed' level will go way down. Quality time with your Pleo and a plastic leaf or two should help.

Thank you, I was wondering that today myself. I turned Cato on for the first time in about 5 days and he was extremely moody and several feedings later he was content.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20:05 PM »

My Pleo, Mistoffelees

Mature adult

Courage: Normal
Temper: Normal
Physical: Normal
Activeness: Normal
Intelligence: Normal

Mood: 99%
Physical: 99%
Emotion: 47%
Health: 38%
Feed: 84%

Activity: 50%
Obedience: 50%
Skill: 50%

Miel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »

I downloaded the StatsRB.exe file but when I try to uploaded it gives me error: ptoperty file missing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal