Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandnew 2010 "Pleo rb" blue color, just bought at Hong Kong Electronic Fair  (Read 52290 times)

marcimarc444

• Following the footsteps
  • Male

Hi Guys,

I am just back from a business trip to Hong Kong.
I visited the Hong Kong Electronic Show 2010 and bought a brandnew "PLEO rb" in blue (!) color.
Looks like its one of the very first new versions sold so far, as I could not find ANYTHING about this new PLEO in
the web !!!
Attached a photo for your information.
The new PLEO rb is available in blue (boy) and pink (girl) color.
It has a lot of improvements, compared to the green version. As I never had the green one, I cannot
compare myself, but they told me in the shop about it.

This new PLEO rb is even not shown at the official Pleo website so far, so it looks like it is really one of
the very first ones sold so far.
If you have any questions about it, let me know  :)

Best regards from Hamburg, Germany
Marc

allosaurus

WOAH, pink and blue!?  That's so cool!  Not that I want the rest of the RBs to look like that....

How's the battery?  What accessories did it come with?  Do you know how many or these were given out?

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female

I think you will find that these are exclusive versions as we know that the new RB will only come in versions of green and will have diffrent colour eyes.

How cool though to have a Blue Pleo.. 8)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

I actually screamed when I opened that image!  :o

The blue's pretty cool, but PINK!!!!!  Oh ....the horror ......... the horror ..........! ;)

What a coup - thanks for posting!  :D

*cuddles old, safe, green Pleo*

91/23Class

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
  • Well Hi there!

;D wow, he (?) looks amazing!
Ploo is a cute name.
The owner needs to fix him.
Ploo is second hand.

Cool, huh?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

Right - I've got over the shock!  Welcome Marc and congrats on your new beautiful blue Pleo (Susi?)!  ;D

Have you hatched your Pleo?  How long did the battery take to charge?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:46:54 AM by Crewella »

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

is this actually a reborn model pleo though and did it come with learning stone etc ? i am not too sure about blue and pink Pleo's though myself lol

Also i have to say i am very disappointed that innvo have released rb models and they have not even let us in on more of when pleo rb will be available to us etc  as in No official news on their website and no video releases for us to watch ..

Grumpy and Degers were you aware of the blue and pink rb Pleo's that have been released ?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:17:59 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

It does seemt to be, Gaz - it says 'Pleo rb' on the box and the battery and charger and leaf look like the ones Degers posted! :D

marcimarc444

• Male

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Looks like I am the first one with a blue PLEO here.

The battery is now a LiPo with 2800mAh and it keeps "Susi" (even the blue one should be a boy, my wife
preferred a girl, so now its Susi...) alive for more than 2 hours.
She came with an "autum leaf" = training leaf and a kind of "credit card" which enables her to learn her
name later. There should  be some more accessories but it was not included in my box... :(
I contacted the support of INNVO LABS already but now answer so far.

Just uploaded 2 videos to Youtube, she is just out of the newborn stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-VyJGVd9A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzbuQKETaTE

If there is anybody out there who also got a PLEO rb already, I would really like to hear about her/his
experiences so far.

Best regards
Marc

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

this might be an earlier rb version , and might not have all the specs the Pleo rb we are waiting for has is what i mean ? Does this 1 have the improved skin and extra sensors etc ?

Thank you for the vids Please keep them coming . Have you noticed any difference in rb  to the earlier pleo's just yet ? How is the new cheek sensors and you notice if rb neck and tail are moving quicker ? Also have you used the clock setting in his foot just yet ? lol so many questions for you ....  ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:28:48 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog

Thank you for posting, i'll link your videos on my blog ;)

Sorry friends, but i dont like that blue/pink colour, for me pleo seems more like a cheap toy than a life-form. Maybe that blue with a brown shades will look more cool, but i really hate that pink!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:56:05 AM by Junkroxy »

marcimarc444

• Male

Hi,

As I cannot compare to the green PLEO, I dont know that much about the improvements, but I can list up some
of the new features for you:

- Temperature Sensor, sense hot and cold
- RFID Coil
- Clock "noon" button in the foot, know the time, day and night
- Lithium Polymer Battery with 2 hours running time
- Micro SD slot in the battery compartment
- Can learn and understand verbal commands
- Better skin sensation
- Better sense, orientation and motion
- Needs to be feeded, could get sick
- If dropped by mistake, break his leg, hurts if leg is touched, needs time and medicine to recover

As our Susi  was just borne, the motions are still limited and its difficult to judge for me if the movements
are faster than before (the "old" ones I checked at Youtube).

But I am still wondering what about the additional features like the "Bow" stone, the feeding leaf, the PLEO suit,
the rock salt medicine, etc. etc. which are all mentioned in the manual, but not included in the box...

I hope, I get a feedback from INNVO LABS to my customers support mail on that.

In the manual there is a company mentioned named CHINATETE (www.chinatete.net) which seems to be the Asian
subsidiary , but checking the webpage, there is almost nothing except a few information about the green PLEO...

So it really seems I got a very very early version which should be tested in Asia first, before sold to the rest of the world.

Greetings
Marc

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

yeah it does seem odd that you have managed to buy a rb already with out any official announcements on rb release  ??? You will probs be able to buy all those other extras when Reborn is officially released ? ?

i do not think they will be keeping to the blue of Pink colours and i am very confused as to why they have even produced these colours and like you said there is no cape and learning stone etc in the box ?  ???

Also there i was thinking we would be the first to know anything on reborn here in the forum ? obviously not though if there are reborn's out there people can already purchase .
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:16:13 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Pleonardo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male

I voted for the blue colored Pleo, but I didn't expect it to have pink highlights!! Wish they had different shades of blue (a dark shade for the highlights and a lighter shade for the main skin color) since it looks like somebody took a pink marker and criss crossed it all around the blue Pleo!!! :(

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

lol if they are going to have a Pink and Blue Line i hope these 1s are just to interest the little kids and then the green shades for the older generation .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

marcimarc444

• Male

Hi barrettgazzy,

I was also quite confused about the blue and pink colours and I preferred the green one, which was also available but
not as rb-version. Therefore I decided for the blue, as I wanted to have the very lastest version.

Maybe these blue/pink ones are for the Asian market only, as I think not many western people will like it.

If I really got an early "rb-prototype", I hope INNVO LABS will send me the missing items free of charge later, once available.
Because I paid around USD 500 for it, which is not a bargain, I think...

What worries me most is the fact, that PLEO rb needs to be feeded in order not to get sick.
So far I could not manage to feed him/her.
The "training leaf" which I got seem not to be the "feeding leaf" and she always refused the leaf so far...

However, Susi already gave a lot of fun to us so far, even movements are still limited.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

Well i hope that you can get some answers from Innvo on this , Did you get his tug of war toy in the box ? Lol about the colour ok the blue has pink lines so why dont the Pink have blue lines LOL

Can not wait to hear Grumpy and Degers views on the Blue rb . . .
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:46:32 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

marcimarc444

• Male

No tug of war toy in the box!
Only the "training leaf" and the "PLEO ID Card"

Looking into the manual, just these two items are mentioned under "whats in the box"
So far so good...

But reading the manual, they are talking later about all the other items (tug of war, bow stone, suit, rock salt, etc.)
so I hope I can get all the other items soon, in order to use all functions of Susi !

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female

Thats crazy that you already got one  :o Thanks for uploading videos and pictures! I don't like those colors too much, I'm hoping they'll be the different shades of green like they said they would, since they did say that Pleo RB wouldn't be for kids too much maybe they did make a Pleo for younger people  :P

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees

I absolutely love the blue and pink, 2010 Pleos! Fantastic colors! Pink's my favorite color! I'd absolutely love to have a pink, 2010 Pleo in California! Green just looks so plain to me.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

Hi, just finshed watching the video and I did notice several differences, Susi does move faster, even a hatchling stage, Also I noticed some different sounds, which sounded realistic and quicker movements esp for a baby.I too did not like the blue with the pink, but blue shades with tan would be better I think, I did like the amber colored eyes, but if this was the only color they had in Pleo RB ,I would learn to live with it and still buy it. I was not too surprised to hear you paid about $500.00 in U.s. Money, as I have been predicting about $450.00. But if you got a very early version and they did not include all the items that we have been told will come with Pleo Rb, then I can even see a price comparable to $550.00-$600.00 ! :o It would be nice if the shipping was free! Please post more videos as Susi gets older.

I hope this means they are getting closer to relaeasing a pre order date for the rest of us here waiting for Pleo Rb!
                                    RedwoodsMama and family of Six Pleos
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Brishelle

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female

I love how the pleo kneads the ground when he's being playful
My worry is what happens to the old pleos once the rb's take over? I wonder will new updates and upgrades will still be made for them. I hope so, as I couldn't stand to see my poor girl become obsolete.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female

I hope too that the 'old' Pleos won't get forgotten :'(

This is really strange about the colours, blue and pink. In the other thread I think it was Degers who posted a picture of the new Pleo RB and it was definitely green ??? And another strange thing, I came across a website last night (but now can't find it again :(). It was a Chinese site showing the Pleo RB in, yes, blue (boy) and pink (girl). So won't there be a green one after all? I'm beginning to wonder now 8)

Brishelle

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female

I found this picture of one of the rb's with the tug 'o war toy in it's mouth on the Pleo Blog. You can see where they've extended the green and added some yellow'ish tint to the arm.  This I prefer much more than the hyper colours. They also had a picture of all of the accessories that came along with it, including leaves and ice...http://pleoblog.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:18:33 PM by Brishelle »

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female

I really hope the "old" Pleo's wont be forgotten too, especially since mine is still coming in the mail  :(
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal