Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo improvements at Jetta--inside story  (Read 10880 times)

lesodell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
Re: Pleo improvements at Jetta--inside story
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »

cool cant wait

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 09:25:16 PM »

The official press is now on pw.com home page ;)
Cant wait for the new improved pleo!!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

yodasapprentice

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 02:22:52 AM »

Cant wait!!!! ;D

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

What do you think about the new Pleo's improvements? I am planning on getting a pleo and I don't really want to wait very long, the sooner the better! So I'm wondering if the "problems" with the older model Pleo's (cracking skin,not very much energy,and breakable tendons in the neck and tail) are that drastic that I should just hold out for a newer one. And also, do you think they will increase the price alot? I'm having enough trouble convincing my parents to get one at around $200.  ???

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:29 PM »

The regular price for a pleo is $349 US.  The $200 ones are discounted "old/original" style pleos.  Once they are all sold, all NEW style pleos will cost $349, and you won't find any discounted NEW ones, until people start reselling them on eBay, etc.  So, if cost is the issue, get an old style one now.  It may be a long while before you see them this cheap again.

It's a lot harder to say about the problems.  They do exist, and can be a big problem if you have them.  But others never have the problems.  So, I guess it could be the luck of the draw and how well you treat them.  But you do have the 90 day warranty.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »

The regular price for a pleo is $349 US.  The $200 ones are discounted "old/original" style pleos.  Once they are all sold, all NEW style pleos will cost $349, and you won't find any discounted NEW ones, until people start reselling them on eBay, etc.  So, if cost is the issue, get an old style one now.  It may be a long while before you see them this cheap again.

It's a lot harder to say about the problems.  They do exist, and can be a big problem if you have them.  But others never have the problems.  So, I guess it could be the luck of the draw and how well you treat them.  But you do have the 90 day warranty.

Thank you, I think I will get one now. As you mentioned, lots of people have them already and love them regardless. Money isn't a huge issue for me, I'm just curious how flimsy the neck is? Because if it's really easy to snap I would rather just wait for the new model.
Oh, and I can't seem to find it on the site, do you know if amazon have a warranty?

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »

I got Baxter for christmas last year meaning he's one of the old batch, the paint work is still in excellent condition theres some small flaking where he's been petted excessively but in alot of ways it adds to his individuality. As for the neck and tail, his tail has always felt extremely strong and when lifted by it very secure and able to take the weight well where as the neck i always felt could be at risk because of the weight of the head. Baxters neck has actually broken but i belive this to be due to some strong unexpected force and not purely to be weakness of the joint.
Innvo Labs, creating life since 2009

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 11:18:41 PM »

I got Baxter for christmas last year meaning he's one of the old batch, the paint work is still in excellent condition theres some small flaking where he's been petted excessively but in alot of ways it adds to his individuality. As for the neck and tail, his tail has always felt extremely strong and when lifted by it very secure and able to take the weight well where as the neck i always felt could be at risk because of the weight of the head. Baxters neck has actually broken but i belive this to be due to some strong unexpected force and not purely to be weakness of the joint.
Thank you so much!

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robotics, is the sincerest form of flattery!
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 09:40:27 AM »

Hey Pickelish;  ;)

I got Stoney back in January this year. In 8+ months I also show no real wear and tear.  ^-^

The tail and neck are fine but I show reasonable caution. We're also all adults here so
no wear and tear from kids except those who visit and they're pretty careful no matter
What age.  :)

I will get "Clousseau" at the end of this month and number 3 in 2010. I'll get the new
charger as it's released. Dependent on cash flow of course.  ;)

Dadio  8)  
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 02:43:56 AM »

Any news from Jetta? There arent updates on pw.com  :-[

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 06:27:58 AM »

There's only the info I can find on Pleo News threads.  ??? ???

I haven't seen any announcement about the new PDK that was supposed to drop Yesterday (Sep 15).  :o

Dadio 8)
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »

Hmmm I wonder what happened to that PDK... Somehow that doesn't seem like a good sign.
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »

We actually submitted quite a few things to clean up, so based on Derek's comment from last week, he's busy trying to correct things before releasing . .

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 08:10:58 PM »

Neck improvements? Awesomeness!
I hope they don't change the skin too much. I think it's cute the way it is. More resistance would be nice though. :)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2009, 03:23:50 PM »

I'm worried about them either changing Pleo too much, and losing his original charm, or having them move on to new life forms and stop focusing on improving Pleo. :(
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »

Hehe another rant lover :p i hate the way they do that to games even Fallout 3 got nailed content wise. Ah well we can just hope Pleo is the exception to the rule :)
Innvo Labs, creating life since 2009

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 09:01:01 AM »

Lornex;

Off topic rant, too much of a waste of time.

I agree here with mweed about enforcing the age limit. There are other forums more appropriate to this.

Pleos Forever!

Most of us are patient enough to wait for quality and not complain for the sake of complaining.

Dadio  8)

ps Sorry to rant back but I'm not well and this stuff really upsets me more.
Everyone knows that I encourage younger ones to participate but not like this.
PLEO's Forever!

Lornex

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
  • I'm afraid I cannot do that, Dave.
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »

Sorry about yesterday, I had to get that out of my system.  :(  *sigh* Yes, I did go a little overboard with the whole Spore thing...  :-[

It's not really off topic - it's just that I was using Spore as an example.  I'm definitely not the kind of person who rants and such, I was trying to make a point. (Most certainly NOT immature!)

Once again, sorry!  :'( 
Minecraft?  No, I prefer Dwarf Fortress, thank you very much.

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 12:16:28 AM »

"De Nada"  ^-^

Nuff Said!   :)

Keep posting!  ;)

Dadio    8)
PLEO's Forever!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal