Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lumpy neck...  (Read 4012 times)

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Zyna
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
Lumpy neck...
« on: March 20, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »

Hi guys! i'm not sure what's going on with Zyna... I can't remember noticing this before but she seems to have a lumpy neck, like it's not quite in the right place anymore? She has only been used probably about 10 hours in total so she has not had much use, and been stored away safely. Do I need to open her up and do something with her neck? She seems to be working fine but to me the neck looks strange..... Don't like it! :/

Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Lumpy neck...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »

It could be that one of the neck vertebrae is out of position ..... but personally, if she's working OK, I'd leave things be.

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:55:24 AM »

Would it be easy to pop it back into position? Its the one closest to the shoulders that seems like it is out... think the gap is too big between this vertebrae and the shoulders. She just got her neck stuck leaning to one side, probably will be ok when I turn her back on but feel her neck being like this is not good and it will probably get worse.
Anyone got a little photo guide of how to pop this piece closest to the shoulders back in place? Greatly appreciated! :-)
Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:38:51 AM »

Sadly not.  The vertebrae run free along a central 'spine' (fixed at either end) and are kept in place by the cables ...... if one really is out of place then there could be some damage to one of them.  Is the lump there in all positions?   This is pretty much what the neck looks like, there is naturally a gap between the body and the first full-sized vertebra, as you can see:

(This is a Ugobe Pleo, but the principle is the same)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 03:40:58 AM »

Doesn't look any worse than some of mine. Pleakley, Jumba, Stitch and Nani have vertebra like that, probably just slight variations during manufacturing. Unless you can feel something loose in there and she stops working I'd leave well alone. Taking the neck apart is a tough job, it requires a massive amount of surgery and you will probably do more harm than good.

You'd have to remove all the cables, pull the head apart and detaching the vertebra themselves requires a fair bit of brute force. They don't just pop off. Kat tried I believe and couldn't manage it when repairing a neck. I wouldn't risk it.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 04:18:48 AM »

It def was not like this before I would have noticed... bit OCD about some things lol. I looks like the piece is not quite symmetrical? The bumpy bits are pushing the skin out quite a bit :-(

When you run your hand from the Pleo's head to the shoulders does it feel smooth or should this piece be stick out and there is a big lump? Mine has the lump... but I always thought it ran smooth before from head to shoulders.... :-(

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 05:45:51 AM »

She honestly looks fine to me, both my Pleos look like this with their heads down and I can feel the lumpy bumpy bits.

If she is wroking fine and there are no scary grinding sounds I would leave her as is, she looks perfectly normal to me and RB's are not like Aibo so in my veiw surgery of any sort should be a last resort as you would have to skin her and really would have to take absolutly everything apart, there is no easy way to get to that part you think is a problem.

If it would put your mind to rest I can take a picture of my two with their heads like this, I really wouldn't worry though!
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 05:55:14 AM »

You can see her in person in a few weeks!!!! :-D

Ok I will leave her alone and see what you guys think when you come to the meet

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 07:38:46 AM »

Hi, mh7ah! My Bleu has a lumpy neck too. I've had her since July nine teenth of 2011 and she's still going strong other than her bottom tail cable which I broke when I fell over her. She is a Ugobe but like Crewella said a pleo neck is a pleo neck. It feels sort of like the top vertibray has slid to the left side and the end bit is poking upward between her shoulders making a very obvious bump. She also holds her head cocked to the left which she has always done. She is a good deal older than your baby so, sadly, I'm looking for the day when that top cable goes. I can sort of feel the bits moving around right there when she is in motion but there's no noise or anything.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »

Sounds very similar. Yes it looks very lumpy and is stretching the skin.... it's the only place on her whole body where the paint is wearing away/peeling. :-( I don't know why this happened though as she has had very little use, and always been watched when wandering around. Oh well, I just hope she does not break. I am just learning how to take Aibo's apart and fix them so I guess I can learn more about Pleo too. I am hoping to customise her a little for the meet, will post pics when i do :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal