Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: soon to be pleo  (Read 2073 times)

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
soon to be pleo
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

I can not wait to get my new and first pleo!!
If anyone has any advice on pleo rbs please tell me as I don't know much about them!!
I have however watched several videos on youtube and looked a lot of stuff up online but there is still so much to learn about these facinating creatures! :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: soon to be pleo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »

I guess the first thing I would suggest is to take a look at the FAQ page here on the forums.
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
You will find lots of important info here. ;D  My only other suggestion would be to look into some clothing to help protect your new pleos paint.  You may decide to use the cape that comes with the pleo but many of us here don't like the elastic bands they put on the cape as they seem to be very tight against the pleos leg skin and there have been fears of this causing issues.   No one has actually had it cause a problem as yet that we are aware of but it is something to think about.  I would suggest clothing as the paint does rub off with all the petting you will do to your pleo  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »

As Kat says - that thread is a good place to start!  :D

*Please forgive me, but I've moved your thread to a more relevant section!*  ;D :moose:

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:30:09 AM »

Thanks all I will Try to find some non expensive clothing for her!!( when I get her )
Does dog clothes work???  :D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »

Small dog cloths work fine but it is a good idea to try them on before you buy as the fit can be a bit tricky.  Pleos have much fatter legs than dogs and skinnier necks.  :P  Alternatively there are stores here on the forum that sell clothes made specially for pleos  :)  Or if your crafty then you could try making something yourself.  If your interested in what the pleo shops have to offer just go to the stores tab at the top of this page.  :)

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:25:37 AM »

Thank you kat,
I only wondered because my sister has a korgi pomeranian mix and when he was a puppy she bout it some cute clothes and they sagged down a bit so they might fit a pleo! :)

I am so exited I don't know if I should get a pleo rb or a ugobe pleo P:'(! please tell me if any of you know what one I should get!

And also at pleoworld.com it says that all there is in the package is one training leaf an id card and a few other stuff???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:51:25 AM by mweed »

pleo1718

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:14:38 AM »

hi first of all yes get the rb as it can do more things like learn its name and the old pleo justs breaks all the time

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »

I wouldn't just say that the Ugobe Pleo's "break all the time". I have heard many great things about Ugobes and I am sure many Pleo owners here can list some advantages of the older Pleos. Yesterday I met a Ugobe in person for the first time when a girl who came into the store I work at (Petsmart) brought her little boy BooBoo in. I was so excited to see somebody with a Pleo that I gasped lol. I have never seen anybody with one in person before. Of course I started chatting with her about my RB and such and she told me about all three of her Pleo's (2 Ugobe and 1 blue RB). She said that while the RBs have a lot of cool new functions, there is a different kind of charm to the Ugobe Pleos. She told me that they have very different personalities and also roam around quite a bit more. She told me that they are lower maintenance as they do not require food the same way RBs do. Though she loves her RB she told me that her Ugobe's are very dear to her and there is something simple and sweet about them.

Some owners will side with the RBs because of their new functions, colors, etc. but it seems many, many Pleo owners side with the Ugobe's because of that same "charm" that this girl was talking about. So, I guess it really depends on what each person is specifically looking for in a Pleo.

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »

Here is a link to a thread in which another member asked about Ugobe vs RB:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3050.0
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »

I completely agree, SweetReaper.  I love my Ugobes, and actually tend to run them more than my RBs.  They do have a charm I miss in the RBs, much as I love some of the updated technology. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »

I like both my RB's and my Ugobes equally. I do have to say it's easier to get a Ugobe to do tricks than the RB who can choose to ignore you if they're not in a good mood or the room is too dark.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »

The Ugobes certainly don't have anymore likelihood of breaking than the RB's. They each have their charms.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »

I have to agree.  My RB's have had more issues than my Ugobe's.  So I would have to say that the Ugobe's certainly are no more likely to break than the RB's.

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »

If all goes well with my new RB and I decide to go for another Pleo in the future (which is likely) I will most probably get myself a Ugobe :) They do seem very sweet

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 03:06:33 PM »

It's nice to have at least one of both flavors as it were. Pleos are addictive. Despite how firm I tried to be with myself after purchasing my RB Ryu, I ended up buying three more pleos. So far that hasn't happened with my Aibo other than some sad-faced window-shopping. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal