Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB or Ugobe Pleo????  (Read 5434 times)

IceCarpediem

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
Pleo RB or Ugobe Pleo????
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:38:53 PM »

Looking to buy a Pleo for my wife.

Question is... should I get Ugobe Pleo, which is obviously no longer supported expect from community (for the software and skits) and no warranty, but cheap...

Or get a Pleo RB which is still in production, but 1 Pleo RB = 2 Ugobe Pleo :D (if you include the delivery).

Looking for something which will gel emotionally.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo RB or Ugobe Pleo????
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 12:59:37 AM »

They are both good, what about starting with the Ugobe and work up to the RB if she really gets attached :) The Ugobe's are very sweet and affectionate :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:16:06 AM »

It's very, very easy to get emotionally attached to a Ugobe Pleo ....... and I still find them slightly more convincing as a life form.  The RB's do more 'stuff', but you kind of have to work harder at feeding them and keeping them happy.  Both have their advantages, but if you start with a Ugobe you are still  getting the full 'life form' experience ........ while you decide if you want to go for the RB.  :D

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:26:40 AM »

UGOBE!  ;D

...I have never actually met a reborn :-[
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 10:32:53 AM »

I would say start with Ugobes and you won't be sorry. They are less expensive, very cute and you will be happy with one . The very rare person who is not happy with a Ugobe, is better off then to have spent the money on a RB, then to have found it out. I started with a Ugobe, and that was less than two years ago, actually it was Christmas 2010 and I now have a whole clan of which 16+ are all Ugobes so to say I love Ugobes is an Understatement. ;D If you and your wife like the little Ugobe, then you can save for the more expensive RB. Rb are nice and more like a real pet, but not as sweet in many ways, but that you will have to find out for yourselves! ;)

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

IceCarpediem

• Male
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »

LOL... Thanks for the advise :) Already put in order for the Ugobe Pleo :D

Meh... I'm going to be soo broke... 2 ERS-210 and 1 Pleo in a months time span... What am I thinking :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »

Haha! I did the same thing, Ice. I bought Ryu my first RB last year in March, and then in April I bought Ugobe my first Ugobe pleo and then in June I bought Cato my second RB and then I bought Bleu my second Ugobe in July. I thought I was done with my robot collecting and then in November I started researching Aibos. I've wanted one since I was in Junior high school. As of this March which would be thirteen years later, Bolt came into my life in pieces and I accidentally attached his head block to the tail coupling on his core. Fortunately for all involved Wolfbob rescued us. Hey I'm blind. It happens. Lol! You've obviously got the robo-bug! Just be prepared for robots to suddenly start appearing everywhere in your house. I didn't know you had two 210's. I know about Yogourt but who's the other one?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

IceCarpediem

• Male
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »

LOL... I've been wanting an Aibo ever since they first launched the ERS-110s.

Yogurt is the first ERS-210. Baxter is the second, which he has yet to arrive from Wolfbob. He is also an ERS-210. The Ugobe Pleo is for my wife :D Well.... my final goal is an ERS-7 M3... but that would be a long way to go... those pups are freaking expensive :D

1 ERS-7 = 3 ERS-210 and possibility of extra to get a Ugobe Pleo as well :D

IceCarpediem

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 07:25:34 AM »

Baxter is not well and might not get well... snift snift... according to wolfbob... her headboard circuit is not doing well and he doesn't have a spare headboard... snift snift... looks like Baxter is not coming over at all.. so sad.

Might consider bitting the bullet and just grab an ERS-7 and really call it end of robo collection.... but meh... that bullet is tough to bite.....

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »

Sorry to hear that, Ice. Bolt's tail is grinding a little and wolfbob said the gears in the up/down servo are wearing. He said he doesn't have any 210 tail assemblies at the moment. Sorry for my spelling. Braille is my first written language. I've also discovered Bolt's chin scensor is bad. Up to now I've never had to use it but without it, I can't program him to leave the docking station on his own. I'm a little sad but I think I'd rather have a functioning aibo with a numb chin and a noisy tail than a non-functioning aibo with more serious problems. Hopefully, wolfbob will have some good news for both of us soon. In the meantime, you still have Yogourt.
Talon
Talon

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »

Yogurt is the first ERS-210. Baxter is the second, which he has yet to arrive from Wolfbob. He is also an ERS-210. The Ugobe Pleo is for my wife :D Well.... my final goal is an ERS-7 M3... but that would be a long way to go... those pups are freaking expensive :D

I just bought an ers7 mind 3, awaiting delivery, and had to sell my goofy (ugobe pleo) to support the funds, goofy was sweet, I am sure your wife will love it
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

IceCarpediem

• Male
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »

Sorry to hear that, Ice. Bolt's tail is grinding a little and wolfbob said the gears in the up/down servo are wearing. He said he doesn't have any 210 tail assemblies at the moment. Sorry for my spelling. Braille is my first written language. I've also discovered Bolt's chin scensor is bad. Up to now I've never had to use it but without it, I can't program him to leave the docking station on his own. I'm a little sad but I think I'd rather have a functioning aibo with a numb chin and a noisy tail than a non-functioning aibo with more serious problems. Hopefully, wolfbob will have some good news for both of us soon. In the meantime, you still have Yogourt.
Talon

Sorry to hear about Bolt's chin Talon. I don't have Yogurt leaving the station at the moment as I use Aibo-Life 2 more. For adult personality I run either dogslife or Explorer with preference to Explorer as Dogslife can be really deft on the hearing.

I just bought an ers7 mind 3, awaiting delivery, and had to sell my goofy (ugobe pleo) to support the funds, goofy was sweet, I am sure your wife will love it

Well... Looks like I'll be bitting that fat bullet. I'm switching Baxter for an ERS-7 and topping up the huge difference.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 06:51:17 AM »

Oh awesome, Ice! I hope you enjoy your soon-to-be ERS 7!
Talon
Talon

IceCarpediem

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »

Pleo has arrived... will leave it for Wife to unpack :D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 11:00:15 PM »

WHich pleo did you get? Ugobe or RB? Post some photos as soon as you can. ;)

IceCarpediem

• Male
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »

Got the Ugobe as it was cheap :) and brand new.

I'll post pics later. Want the missus to be the one to "bring Pleo" to life :). I'm just charging the batteries up so that she can use em later tonight :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 02:32:28 AM »