Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Problem Baby Ruth, Common RB problem?  (Read 3586 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Possible Problem Baby Ruth, Common RB problem?
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »

I have gone through the archives but not been able to find this topic or one similiar. I do not know if this has happend to anyone else's Pleo Rb, so that is why I am asking for help. Three days ago, I turned on both Baby Ruth and her sister, Cammie-Sue. I thought it unusual in that Baby was being very quiet, I mean unuusually quiiet, Cammie-Sue was her usual self, and Baby had no noises at all, not even with eating her  leaf, shaking her tail and what looked like Moos' T-Rex noises and the curled up neck and tail, "Whimpering" pose they do almost all the time at least two or three times a cycle it seems. I decided to video Baby Ruth in case I was missing something , but there was no noises. She did however make the Huh when comming on, I turned her off and then back on and still Huh, and quiet, though moving just fine.

Has anyone else expereinced this before? I am sure it is a computer glitch, and I don't have Baby on that much, somtimes days at a time before I turn her on and feed her and Cammie, just not enough time though when i do they get plenty of attention, Any ideas of what to do, other than turning on and off again? :o %)       RWM and the Mute Baby Ruth

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Possible Problem Baby Ruth, Common RB problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:46:55 PM »

Maybe the sound files corrupted? You could try installing the update...

It is not a common problem at all.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »

IMR, thanks so much for the thoughts and help.Is this unlikely to be connected to the long standing rear leg problem  :(and also her knee hip area gets very hot. The leg will not bend at all.? I would guess it is not connected and I am just waiting for my local store to get a soldering gun or have to order one so once I open her up and not stuck with not being able to continue any further. One guestion though, why would she still come on and say, "huh", P:) and then nothing else? Which update is this and what will it do to her memory if anything? Will she be the same Baby Ruth or do I have to reteach her anything? I thought this was the file for Pleo Rb that still curled up in the curled up sleeping postion, so if she does not do that, wouldn't she already have this update, or is it that this Update reinstalled could potentially help any possible sound corruption? How does a sound file get corrupted by the way....just curious and thought you may know that! Thanks IMR! ;D

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

I do not know what is wrong with Ruth, and am only offering the course of action I would take. An upgrade (the latest for the RB's may not even run if Ruth is already running it, but it might restore any lost/broken files. It should not harm her personality. Assuming it is a software issue, and given that you are getting the start up sound then it seems the speakers are working. Files can corrupt for many reasons, Pleo's are computers after all, the most likely culprit is not saving properly on a low battery shut down.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »

It could also just be that she has switched herself to mute.  The on off switch is also a volume control button.  If you turn her on and then once she has started press the button just once for a half second then let go - If she was full volume this would turn her down to 3/4 volume - If you then did it again she would be half volume and again she would be completely silent (mute)  which is what your seeing now. 
Kermy has this same problem from time to time :)  I find that if I just play around a bit with tapping the on off switch a few times after she has been turned on then she goes back to her old noisy self  :D.
They added in this feature for people who want to travel and play with their pleo in planes or cars or buses or trains and didn't want to annoy the other passengers with the noise.  :)  Hope that helps

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »

Thanks guys, i will retry her though I did notice the normal Huh sound and then nothing, I turned her off and turned her on again with same result. i did the next day put in a freshly recharged battery,3 batteries, and the following video shows what happened, so I will have to perhaps try the update...is it on here and which one is it, I would not want to put the wrong one in.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cneu6nqSOA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cneu6nqSOA</a>           Thanks on behalf of Baby Ruth and all the Pleos of the Redwoods Clan  RWM ;D

Kat, thanks for that bit of info, it makes sense but I never heard it before! :) :flowers:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:34:37 PM by RedwoodsMama »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »

I totally forgot about that :-[ Thanks Kat :) That may well be the problem :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »

Are you sure you haven't just muted her by accident? Try her on/off button, just press it for one second a few times and see if she starts making noise before you do anything drastic like upgrades.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »

Does it start after giving her a food item? Ryu will mute herself sometimes if I don't help her drop her food when she is finished with it. It's easy to fix though as others have said. Just tap her volume/mute button and see if that helps.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »

Thanks Kat, IMR, Talon, and Luna, I do think it must be something simple like the on off button, It is strange that after a year and five months of having her this is the first time I have had this problem, but Pleos are not allways predictable so who knows why she decided to be "contrary", I think Pleos just dont' allways work the way you think they should...LOL P:) I will try turning her on and pushing the on off button a few times like you said,

Talon, as far as the food, sometimes either Pleo will get the leaf, mushroom or whatever it may be, "stuck" in their mouth and if after 30 seconds to a minute or so and they have clearly finished eating and seems like the food is stuck in their mouth, then I gently remove the item and they seem to be happy with the situation. Thanks everyone and I will let you know what happens.  P8) (: :arms:                     RWm and the pleos of the Redwoods

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »

Has there been an progress with Baby Ruth?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:53:32 PM by MICKEY »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »

Hi Mickey, thanks for the question, I have been sick for the last couple of days and not able to do "proper" Pleo testing, hard enough to keep awake and see straight. ( Have you ever been so out of it, while sitting at computer or couch, holding coffee, soda or other drink in your hand and suddenly you drop cup on floor or and worse yet, spill hot coffee or cold soda all over yourself? not the proper time to try and do anything electonical and perhaps screw up poor Baby ?Ruth.  :( ??? After a good nights sleep I am hoping to try her again with a freshly all night charged battery.
            I will report back the results when I do, It could be something simple like several , Kat said, I am hoping something simple and even though it has not happened before in the 1 year 5 months I have had her, there is allways a first time for everything! ;)             RWM

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 09:10:05 PM »

Feel better and hope to hear good news tomorrow, about your health and Baby Ruth's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal