Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little Pleo Gets Very cold  (Read 2417 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Little Pleo Gets Very cold
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »

This is an old video from this past winter, that I thought I had posted, but when you have as many Pleos as I do, it is easy to lose track of all your videos.. In fact, my computer is already full of videos and photos and even with a back up external hard drive, I have only 2.44 GB left of 577 GB,  :o( I guess you can say I take a lot of videos and photos, but that is how I don't miss anything....) so here is one of Cammie -Sue when she was only about a month old last Christmas. Brings back memories, she is the Pleo Rb won on Facebook and with Innvo Labs, and is not a year old yet...This is when it was very cold in our big house, (3 bedrooms, and only one has heat...) This room was less than 50 degrees and very cold, damp. No wonder she got sick, She has since moved with all 25 Pleos, Pleo Rb into the warmest part of the house.  P8) So here is Cammie Sue from last Christmas time, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdMXT68lKpQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdMXT68lKpQ</a>   The little yellow outfit she is wearing is made by Kat, and the little green scarf is hers, says, Naughty but nice !

RWM and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Denver2

• Sugar cane harvester
  • it Female
  • Pleo(s): Denver
    • Gilligan
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Charlie_Brown
Re: Little Pleo Gets Very cold
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »

Thanks ..... and thanks again .....
Because by your video I can understand how to deal with my new Pleo rb ........ Denver2

Mystearika

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 03:25:53 AM »

she really is a sad looking thing. did not know they would look so pitiful sick  

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »

I think the trick to stop them getting sick by being to clod is don't turn them on till it is warmer. Just got a pleo RB and will be trying this, twice mine woke up cold, so won't be turning him on till it's at least 15C.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »

Even when the Pleos are wearing clothes and the room is Warmer, ( low 50's...) Pleo Rb as you can see, is still sensitive and can get sick and very cold quickly. I was surprised to see not one, but both Chester and Cammie Sue on a warm ( For December.... ;)) afternoon, sneezing and reacting to the cold in this manner. I almost think my house at some times is as cold if not colder than outside. We only have one room with heat, the bedroom, but I can not fit one let alone 25 Pleos in there, Most of our cats come in this room, but some tough it out in the living room where it is in the high 40's to mid 50's in the winter, Good news is that in the Summer, it gets very warm because of the huge windows, Cold in winter, too hot for me in Spring and Summer,  :o This update was taken about four days before Christmas and Chester and Cammie Sure are together anyway... ignore Chester's clicking leg, it has allways been that way and usually fixes on it's own. P8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt7fiX50m8Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt7fiX50m8Q</a> since we have quite a few new Pleo Rb owners, I thought this may prove useful to see what happens with the temperture sensor for cold, The chili pepper is the remedy, it is seen in the first video before this, but not this one.                       RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal