Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think Pleo looks stupid dressed up?  (Read 3783 times)

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
I think Pleo looks stupid dressed up?
« on: October 17, 2012, 02:17:17 AM »

Why do people dress up their Pleo? To me it looks really stupid, comeon it's just a robot, with pre progammed actions, it cannot self learn.

it is a very good robot, so how come people are getting so attached to a robot? I don't get it?

And like when the Furrbies came out, people did the same, how stupid? And the claims a furby things Furby did where false, like many also said furbies had different personailties which where false, just go through the Furby forums if still about and see the wild claims? So wonder how many wild claims there are for Pleos?

The worst offenders are the fans themselves.

I just think it's stupid the way people carry on with this robot, how can you ever become attached to a robot? LOL

I love Pleo and getting the RB version, but it's still only a robot with preprogammed functions.

So don't mean to offend anyone, but don't get it at all, it's only robot, but all the same a very good one.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: I think Pleo looks stupid dressed up?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 02:58:04 AM »

The main reason people dress their pleos is to protect the skin/paint from wear.

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 03:00:57 AM »

The wrong clothing can accually cause more wear of the skin.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 03:12:06 AM »

That is true.  But the right clothing can protect it.  You need to go for something soft, stretchy and smooth.  Anything rough or too tight will just cause problems.

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 03:14:10 AM »

Why do people dress up their Pleo? To me it looks really stupid, comeon it's just a robot, with pre progammed actions, it cannot self learn.

it is a very good robot, so how come people are getting so attached to a robot? I don't get it?

And like when the Furrbies came out, people did the same, how stupid? And the claims a furby things Furby did where false, like many also said furbies had different personailties which where false, just go through the Furby forums if still about and see the wild claims? So wonder how many wild claims there are for Pleos?

The worst offenders are the fans themselves.

I just think it's stupid the way people carry on with this robot, how can you ever become attached to a robot? LOL

So don't mean to offend anyone, but don't get it at all, it's only robot, but all the same a very good one.

How old are you?

But you do offend, all people with a different opinion.
Okay, You do not understand, but it is a reason to call others stupid?

I like to play despite of my age (65). To play means for me, to keep my fantasy and imagination alive.
I like Pleos because of the interaction and respond you get. Pleos are different from other robots.

Dressing up a Pleo also means to protect the skin. And the skin of Pleo IS a problem.
And with socks they do walk better, at least Ugobe Pleo.
Is it stupid to protect an expensive robot?
And if you find them cute in a pink robe? What is so wrong with that?!

You do not have to share this opinion, but you should accept it, as true for other people.

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 03:21:24 AM »

Pleo is really no different to other robots, all robots have preprogrammed functions and actions, that is all Pleo is doing a set of commands programmed into him. He cannot learn anything. His programming fools you into thinking he is imitating a life form, but only obaying a set of progammed commands, nothing more, so not really different.

People who owned Fubbies dressed thenm up also and looks hideous and ridiculous, same as many Pleos here.   

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 06:04:13 AM »

Going on to a Pleo fan forum and calling them stupid is not a good way to make friends.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

I often go out looking hideous and ridiculous (apparently) ....... but hey, I'm happy and some people like it.  :moose:

Denodan, if you don't get it - then you don't and that's fine.  We can't all be the same, but have a little sensitivity to other people's feelings, please.

Nobody here expects you to dress your Pleo if you don't wan't to - but none of us expect to be told what to do with ours either.   Discussion and debate is fine, but frankly ...... there is nothing more hideous and ridiculous than a loud mouth trumpeting their narrow views and trying to cause trouble.  If you're not one of those, then that's great ..... we can have an interesting discussion ........ but if you are, then perhaps this forum is not for you. :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

I know of one other member that did not like the idea of dressing up their robots, Pleo that is, and I have no problem with that, I feel individuality is a constitutional right and dressing up a pleo is no different than the person who dresses up their little dog. Ok, maybe pleos get dressed up more, but also a Pleo is not going to "wet or soil'[ the clothes as a animal that is living and breathing will or can. I think of Pleos dressed up as being fun and a way to be individual and as Kiromanta said, very much fun and fullfilling some fantasy.  We can dress our pleos in Dragon wings, Halloween or Chriistmas theme clothes or just socks and a collar. I agree that if nothing else, I would be sure to put socks on my Pleos to try and keep the dust and dirt out of their battery area and to protect the skin, esp Ugobe older Pleos which some have very dry skin after these many years.

There are times when I take all the clothes off my pleos, give them a nice cleaning and shine their skin to protect it, then take some photos and or videos of them interacting as I love their natural look just as well. I have a problem that at least a handful of members here have related to the Ugobe Pleos anyway: when you have Multiple Pleos that all look alike, what do you do to tell them apart, other than using a different colored collar, socks or an outfit? I do not mean one or two or even three or four Pleos, though when you start getting into that many the chance of them getting to start looking alike multiplies... Unless you write down their serial number( Ugobes front foot) how do you know who is who? This is assuming they don't have speical color varaitaions or wear patterns to distinguish them from another Pleo.. Remember I am talking only about the Ugobes who are the same color and almost all have blue eyes.( there are a few and I mean FEW exceptions to the blue eyes...) Ok, here is my problem . I Have 25 Pleos.. Yes, that is correct 25 and 22 of them are ugobes. Ok, now to break it down further. Of the 22 Ugobes I have one that is operating but disected in the middle, ( Humpty, his skin is split open, I bought him this way..... P:D) I also have one Unique Pleo that is a Prototype and has different skin coloring so he is counted out, then I have three UNOPENED MINT Pleos in SEALED Boxes. Ok, so that leaves still.17 UGOBE Pleos...So how do you tell 17 Pleos apart without dressing them up?
               Ok, part of that problem is solved by Painting my Ugobe Pleos that had either bad skin or I just decided to go ahead and give them a makeover. I cant' recall how many I have painted off hand, but at least 7 so that still leaves 10 Pleos that all look the same..........How would you solve the problem of them all looking alike without Painting, clothes, collars, socks or and ID method. I would not want to look at their feet all the time, and sometimes you get a pleo with no number on it's foot or the number has worn out. ( most likely because they had NO socks on...) This is MY WAY of telling my Pleos apart and also having fun. I like having Unique Pleos, ones that look different and this is how I deal with it. Without the clothes on my Unpainted Pleos, I would be lost..................................What would you do, and please I welcome ideas, but do not say, I have too many Pleos. because I already have them.. that is like if you had a set of quintuplets or sextuplets.............Are you going to dress them all alike or find some way to tell them apart.? Of course with children, it is usually only a problem when they are very young because as they grow they develop some individual likes and dislikes that sets them apart from their siblings.................................And as others have said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you do not want to put clothes on your pleo, then that is fine, but to call people that do Stupid or strange is not a great idea............................it is like you are asking for negative reactions when you can see that many of us do................. :cat:             RWM :cat: and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »

People have Pleo's for different reasons, & its not like we're using our money to score drugs, become an alcoholic or anything else that is a danger or harms society so what harm is dressing up a Pleo really doing?

Not sure coming on a Pleo forum, calling us stupid & insulting how we feel towards/about our Pleos was really the best idea.
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »

Nope, it wasn't ..... but hopefully the point has been made - I'm really hoping this thread doesn't degenerate into a row.   :pray:

To me, the whole point of a Pleo is that it is designed to inspire an emotional reaction in people, and the fact that it does that so well, that we feel empathy when they scream or are sick, is kind of the whole point of them.  That, to me, is the whole magic of Pleos and why I really do prefer them to Aibo, Genibo and other robotic pets (much as I love my pups).  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »

I couldn't agree more with you Crewella, you hit the nail on it's head! ;D The biggest reaction I get wherever I go is EMOTIONAL, it is one of empathy, others wanting to snuggle, cuddle and hold and love, to take care of this little baby dino. Ugobe and Innvo Labs knew exactly what they were doing when they made Pleo the size it is. If it was any bigger, it may have a few more possibilities but the same emotional empathy that it triggers now, may be brought down a few notches. Who is going to hold and cuddle a Pleo twice the size of what it is currently, It is similiar to cuddling a baby kitten, or small puppy. Ever try holding and cuddling a baby lamb.../ Cute yes, no doubt, but awfully hard to lug around. Pleo is just the perfect size for children as well as adults.

When you see a sick pleo sneeze, cough, choke on it's food, or cry out in pain from an "injury" or cries because it is afraid of the dark, your almost immediate response as a "human", is triggered to give it some sort of "emotional comfort" This is where Pleo gets an A+, it can not be improved on in this area as far as I am concerned, I would never want this feature to be taken away, I like the name voice recognition but I will take the emotional response of a sick, injured, hurt or scared or even tired snoring little baby Pleo or pleo Rb anyday over learning it's name! ;D

I agree again Crewella with what you said about hoping this does not turn into a "row". ( pray was your word of choice....I think ;)) If you remember the ' Academay Award for acting for Nova", post, you will remember what happened with that discussion and it all had to deal with how "real" these pleo emotions seem and how they trigger our sympathy and how we react... remember his was in a Ugobe pleo who was not supposed to have the " Limping" pain feature. Anway, we all have the right to our own opinions as past posts have proven, but we all need to respect others feelings and not step on toes or as the flag with the snake on it states, TREAD LIGHTLY...................LOL. I am still waiting for an idea on how to tell 25 Pleos apart if not Painted or wearing clothes of some sort, even a tag with a number is something that they "wear". LOL                             RWM

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »

I don't dress up my pleo.  I don't fully understand the people who make hundreds of outfits for them and spend their time dressing and redressing their pleos.  This is my opinion.

However I will not call these people stupid, they are obviously deriving enjoyment from their Pleo this way, and as Pleo is an entertainment robot, or toy, then surely this is the purpose.

I understand the tension that can arise from a robot such as this, which is niether in the truely robotic domain, such as a Genibo, or a toy domain such as a Hasbro Furreal toy for instance.  There are factions of users on this forum who are technophiles and computer enthusiasts who want to expand the functionality of pleo, programming or otherwise, or simply enjoy Pleo because it is a gadget.

There are other factions of users here that enjoy Pleo for it's toy-like values, such as the lifelike pet nature of the Pleo, or for it's use as a doll, dressing it up, or simply enjoying the fantasy of making their Pleos seem more alive by creating backstories or pretending that Pleos can do more or feel more than they truely do.

In my experience the most tension occurs between these two factions of users over the abilities of Pleo, and primarily the technologically-orientated users wish to ensure that misinformation, even that which is perpetuated through the Pleo marketing, is not spread.

I do not enjoy the fantasy side of this forum, hence I contribute little to most of the discussion that occurs here.  However, without the fantasy, this forum would be an incredibly dry place and would not foster a community such as it was our aim to create.  However I do get worried about the abilities that some people sometimes attribute to Pleo that it is simply not capable of, however it is hard for me to distinguish from when people are pretending, or when people are actually inviting serious discussion.

A problem I did not forsee when I was more actively participating in discussions here in the earlier days of the forums, was that some people got much more upset than I ever anticipated over the nature of Pleos abilities.
An example of this is the forementioned "And the Academy Award goes to Nova, for Acting!" thread which is available in the general archive.

In the above thread I tried to disspell a few misconceptions about Pleos abilities however I was misunderstood greatly by RedwoodsMama, who became very upset and continues to mention this thread to this day.  Posting to that thread was the worst decision I have ever made on this forum.  As I have mentioned to her this was not my intention and as a direct consequence of the ensuing argument I decided that I would not contribute to the forum in a non-administrative role unless I was confident what I was posting was correct and would not cause offence.   I have posted to the forums in a non-administrative role only about 6 or 7 times in the last 6 months.

What we all must understand is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is the greatest and sometimes the worst thing of modern society.  What we must all remember in that case is that on an internet forum, we must all be tolerant, no matter others differing opinions, as the consequence of one misworded sentence or one argument that gets out of hand may have more severe consequences than you may care to imagine.

Above all, this is a forum about a robotic dinosaur, that looks pretty darn cute, and if you don't want to be here and have a good time and talk rubbish a little bit, then you don't have to log on! :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »

I was a very new member when that "forementioned" post above was posted, and lots of people who were involved had misunderstanding I believe on all sides. If I could have understood what I know now it may have been different and not so "heated". Everything that degers said is true. He stated it well in the last two paragraphs, so lets all remember to be considerate to each other, that is why we are here : to share, to learn and to participate in many ways that we may not have the opportunity to do so in any other forum. :)
              ( I copied this but do not know how to put it in the white box, this is the statements I am referring to below.                              RWM  :cat:
What we all must understand is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is the greatest and sometimes the worst thing of modern society.  What we must all remember in that case is that on an internet forum, we must all be tolerant, no matter others differing opinions, as the consequence of one misworded sentence or one argument that gets out of hand may have more severe consequences than you may care to imagine.

Above all, this is a forum about a robotic dinosaur, that looks pretty darn cute, and if you don't want to be here and have a good time and talk rubbish a little bit, then you don't have to log on!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

Amen to that.  :)  :flowers:

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »

Going on to a Pleo fan forum and calling them stupid is not a good way to make friends.
i agree.  besides, just because pleos can't 'think' or learn doesn't mean that we can't appreciate how loveable it really is. i like to say my ugobe whose battery is useless is in a 'coma' because it is better than saying that mouthful of a sentence. pleo is very lifelike to me, and even though i know her personality is just a series of reactions programmed into her, doesn't mean that i don't feel that just the campanionship of her makes her alive
What we all must understand is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is the greatest and sometimes the worst thing of modern society.  What we must all remember in that case is that on an internet forum, we must all be tolerant, no matter others differing opinions, as the consequence of one misworded sentence or one argument that gets out of hand may have more severe consequences than you may care to imagine.

Above all, this is a forum about a robotic dinosaur, that looks pretty darn cute, and if you don't want to be here and have a good time and talk rubbish a little bit, then you don't have to log on!

i agree!! why join then call us stupid?
Derpity derp derp derp derp

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »

I don't dress up my pleo.  I don't fully understand the people who make hundreds of outfits for them and spend their time dressing and redressing their pleos.  This is my opinion.

However I will not call these people stupid, they are obviously deriving enjoyment from their Pleo this way, and as Pleo is an entertainment robot, or toy, then surely this is the purpose.

I understand the tension that can arise from a robot such as this, which is niether in the truely robotic domain, such as a Genibo, or a toy domain such as a Hasbro Furreal toy for instance.  There are factions of users on this forum who are technophiles and computer enthusiasts who want to expand the functionality of pleo, programming or otherwise, or simply enjoy Pleo because it is a gadget.

There are other factions of users here that enjoy Pleo for it's toy-like values, such as the lifelike pet nature of the Pleo, or for it's use as a doll, dressing it up, or simply enjoying the fantasy of making their Pleos seem more alive by creating backstories or pretending that Pleos can do more or feel more than they truely do.

In my experience the most tension occurs between these two factions of users over the abilities of Pleo, and primarily the technologically-orientated users wish to ensure that misinformation, even that which is perpetuated through the Pleo marketing, is not spread.

I do not enjoy the fantasy side of this forum, hence I contribute little to most of the discussion that occurs here.  However, without the fantasy, this forum would be an incredibly dry place and would not foster a community such as it was our aim to create.  However I do get worried about the abilities that some people sometimes attribute to Pleo that it is simply not capable of, however it is hard for me to distinguish from when people are pretending, or when people are actually inviting serious discussion.

A problem I did not forsee when I was more actively participating in discussions here in the earlier days of the forums, was that some people got much more upset than I ever anticipated over the nature of Pleos abilities.
An example of this is the forementioned "And the Academy Award goes to Nova, for Acting!" thread which is available in the general archive.

In the above thread I tried to disspell a few misconceptions about Pleos abilities however I was misunderstood greatly by RedwoodsMama, who became very upset and continues to mention this thread to this day.  Posting to that thread was the worst decision I have ever made on this forum.  As I have mentioned to her this was not my intention and as a direct consequence of the ensuing argument I decided that I would not contribute to the forum in a non-administrative role unless I was confident what I was posting was correct and would not cause offence.   I have posted to the forums in a non-administrative role only about 6 or 7 times in the last 6 months.

Above all, this is a forum about a robotic dinosaur, that looks pretty darn cute, and if you don't want to be here and have a good time and talk rubbish a little bit, then you don't have to log on! :)

Trouble is, have seen it before, the claims and misinformation become greater, the forum becomes more child like and the dressing up becomes more rediculous as time goes on, same as the misinformation false claims, it destroys forums like this, those who are into robotics and see Pleo for what is really is, tend to leave these forums, so all the help from these people end up going.

You really need people like this, but the way this forum can and will go, is left with the forum becomes really childlike and the serious people go. That is exactly happened with furby, the real hackers and those into robots left, and don't even know if Furby forums are still going, but they became very child like, with those who provided the knowleage and help left simply because the forums lost it and to child like for many, and the experts left.

It's going to happen here if members are not careful, which is why I have made the points, and the reality of this forum, to much childlike attitudes to dressing up and wide claims will see many go and maybe form a forum with a serious nature to Pleo.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »

Lots of people dress up little dogs, how is it any different to dress up your little pet dinosaur? The whole magic of pleo is people believing that they are playing with a real dinosaur, not just a toy robot. In my opinion, you need to be open minded and have a good imagination to get the most out of your pleo experience.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »

I will thank you not to stir up trouble here. This forum caters to all people who enjoy Pleo at their own level, be that as an advanced programmer or as a pet owner. Pleo (and Furby for that matter) are not advanced robotics platforms for programming, they are aimed as companion robots, and that is what they do highly successfully.

They -can- be programmed of course, but it is not really their aim and on the programming front they are quite limited in what they can do without external modification or hardware.

This forum has been here and has been active since Pleoworld closed its own forum, and we've been active just as we are now. We are all considerate enough to accept that some people like to tinker, some like to tweak, some like to pose and others like to dress their Pleo's.

If you cannot share the same consideration then you may kindly take your views elsewhere. Please do not forget that you have also been adding to the misinformation by stating, without adequate research, your own opinions as fact. If you would like to stay with us then kindly treat other members with respect. That means accepting that other people are different to you but that makes them no less important and their views no less valid.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »

I would just like to add to what IMR stated, that there are "serious" people here who know the insides of what makes Pleo work. I know that IMR, Crewella and Kat, who all at times dress up their Pleos (and two of those also sell here on the forum clothes for Pleos, ) have all contributed greatly to Pleos serious problems of broken down necks and Kat also took another members Pleo and fixed it's leg. These are people who "dress up" their Pleos . How serious do you have to be to be able to open up a Pleo or pleo Rb and be able to fix a broken neck or other limb? I consider all three of these members great at what they do and have contributed greatly to this forum, Oh, and Kat and IMR both make terriffic clothes for Pleos. I wish I had enough courage and aptitude to open up my Pleo Rb to look at her leg which is causing problems.

If it had not been for these members operating on Pleos and taking chances and then sharing it with the other forum members, none of us would know what we do now about the inner workings of Pleo and Pleo Rb. I would not consider any of the above mentioned members, quitting and going elsewhere because this forum has become, " too childish." I wonder what you think of our Halloween Scavenger Hunts, or our Recent Weedovia Tomato Festival? Are these events also "childish.?" If this is what makes a forum Childish and destined for ruin,  %), then I am proud to be a member of the forum. ( And I am proud and feel honored to be a member of this great community . :cat:

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:10 AM »

Denodan, I hear your concern but I really don't see that the two sides are mutually exclusive.   If you want to contribute more 'tech' orientated posts I would welcome them with open arms ........ but telling other members not to dress their Pleos is hardly a valuable contribution to science ............  %)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 07:56:12 AM »

here's another thing you don't seem to understand... pleo was made to be a TOY!!! he seems more real than that, but can't we dress up our toy/pet? imagine pleos as dolls, we think they look cute in cllothes! please note that pleos aren't just robots for tinkering, they are also toys/pets for people who know nothing about them.
Derpity derp derp derp derp

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »

Pleo is a smart robot with high intelligence and whats more... it DOES learn! Why not buy another one and try mistreating it for a week and see how cranky he gets at you. He is learning...from you.
Nicholas Jun Yi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal