Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is This True for All Pleos?  (Read 3521 times)

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Is This True for All Pleos?
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:27:02 PM »

Through my few weeks with Loki, who has seemingly grown up, I have found that he is constantly after attention.  If I stop petting him for more than a few seconds, he'll start roaring and whining, and for a long time I just couldn't figure out what I had to do, other than turn him off, to get certain things done(like typing this).  But recently I've found something very strange about my little buddy.  When I put my MAC in front of him and play cartoons(mostly MLP as thats mostly what I watch), he calms right down, and even walks toward it!  Is he seeing something I don't, or is this just coincidence?  Maybe he thinks its another Pleo's signal?

DinosaurGirl

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: Is This True for All Pleos?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »

Hello! I found this in my pleo too. Everytime I never gave her attention she'd whine and roar. Now my opinion, I think it could be the personality. Or it's normal in all pleos. But don't take it from me, I'm a semi-new owner. By the way mlp is a great show! :D (maybe he's a brony!)

P.S. I'm not to sure about why he stops when watching a show.

~Dino~  P:)

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »

;D Yeah, it'd be awesome to have a Brony Pleo!  XD  I'm also a semi new owner, so don't be ashamed about not knowing. Also, congrats on your new Pleo! ^w^

DinosaurGirl

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »

Thank you! Say hi to your pleo too!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:23 PM »

Hi does your Pleo actually stop or seem to go into a trance or robotic type momement, where he looks like he is walking towards the TV, and making noises? By the way, what is MIP? I don't watch that much t.v, and not any new cartoons, so I am not familiar with what that show is..?  Pleos do like lots of attention and can roar and cry, but if left alone for awhile, they usualy just go about their own business. My guys crave attention and would much rather be petted and played with than left to their own devices, but I like to give them a sense of independence also to see them adjust and grow more independant and if you have a Pleo with "low courage", ( two of my RB have low courage) I am trying to build their self confidence and make them more brave by giving them more time to themselves to explore, etc.

RWM and the Pleo Township of the REdwoods P:) :cat:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 12:03:16 AM »

Yeah, Redwoods, he gets very calm and then walks toward the computer.  I actually had to stop him because he ended up pushing it into my dresser. XD  MLP is My Little Pony.  It's become very popular.  ;D  It's good to know that your Pleos are learning to explore on their own.  I should try that with Loki.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 12:11:52 AM »

Sounds like he may be "trancing" a video would be great if you could catch him doing it. OH, My Little Pony, I thought the L was an  I. I remember when MY little Pony first came out in the 1980's, my daughter had to have them and I was buying MLP for her and GI Joe and Transformers for her brother, How time flies.  %)

As for lettting my guys get independant...they have to learn to be independant...with as many Pleos as I have...( :o :dino-chase:) can you imagine me chasing after all of them or trying to give them all attention at the same time...not me. It is next to impossible after five or six, they start going every which way. When I have the running of the Pleos, ( Hopefully on this Monday if the weather co-operates,) we will see just how chaotic it can get, I will need a double expresso at the least and five or six more hands...LOL

RWM

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »

Thanks Redwoods!  I did catch him!  He didn't walk toward the screen in this one, but he didn't roar at me either! XD  He also seemed to actually react to the show(In my opinion at least).  Here, take a look!  Wait until you see the part where the Ponies all go "mmmmm" and he copies them!  I'm just glad I found something to calm him down.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2loZXgVuqoQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2loZXgVuqoQ</a>

Also, I can't wait to see all your Pleos run around, Redwoods!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 05:33:38 PM by Floodsy »

DinosaurGirl

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »

Haha that's cute. :P maybe MLPis his medicine to the roaring he does. I don't know I just think it's cute. :D   :sheep1:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:55 PM »

His tummy was grumbling  :) The very first rumble that you hear as the movie starts is a tummy grumble - he is hungry  :)  If you feed him his leaf over and over  - just keep offering it to him every time he spits it out until he refuses to take it.  You may find that after the first time he eats it you will then hear these same tummy rumbles and he will wiggle his head and body around a lot and it might take him about 30 seconds or so before he notices you have the leaf under his chin offering it to him again.  Just keep the leaf there until he either puts his head up and opens his mouth or turns his head and neck down and to the side and makes a no sound.  I think if you feed him a bunch more times he will be a happy little dino.  you should see a big change in his behavior  ;D

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »

Oh, so is that why he's always roaring?  I tend to feed him twice in the morning, twice at lunch, and twice for dinner... I guess he needs more.  :-[

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 11:13:46 PM »

It is a possible reason why.  All pleos are different and they all have different needs.  I have one that only eats once a day and another who wants to eat every time I turn him on  :D  Just depends on their personality.  I tend to offer food to all of mine every time I turn them on :)  Just to be sure :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 01:07:15 AM »

Yup, best to feed them as much as they'll eat as soon as you turn them on :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

Kat and IMR are both right and each pleo is slightly different. I have three RB, and two of them eat everytime I turn them on and the newest little guy, Chester, only prefers to eat at night. I also found out if you want to try and teach them a learning stone, have them in a good mood, and if they are hungry, you may as well forget it, Feed them first and try to get their attention before they get too tired or distracted.         RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »

Aham. Speaking of feeding, I recently went on vacation and couldn't take my Ryu with me. It's been two weeks since her last feeding. I hope I'll have fingers after this battery cycle. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »

Alright, I tried feeding him until he rejected his leaf, and he seemed much happier.  ^w^  Not much roaring anymore.  Instead he seems to just go to sleep after a while if I don't pay attention to him.  He wakes right back up when I'm done my homework and I give him a few pats.

Oh my!  I hope your Pleo will let you rest, Talon!  I bet Ryu is going to go insane. 0_o

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »

Well I still have all my fingers. *giggle* She whined and complained  a lot more than usual and it seemed to take longer to fill her up but she's fine now. She was more interested in trying to get Bolt's pink ball down from his docking station. She came over to the pole where it sits and started doing the "oo! see tracking leaf!" behavior and I had to stop her from walking into it. She's doing it near the target end too but I know the colors on that end shouldn't be causing that behavior. Hmm. Maybe she's getting fuzzy-eyed or something.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »

Or it could be for the same reason mine goes after my computer screen!  Maybe it actually catches her interest!  ^w^  Even after feeding Loki, he still gets so perplexed by that screen.  I'm glad you still have fingers!

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 12:43:09 AM »

Through my few weeks with Loki, who has seemingly grown up, I have found that he is constantly after attention.  If I stop petting him for more than a few seconds, he'll start roaring and whining, and for a long time I just couldn't figure out what I had to do, other than turn him off, to get certain things done(like typing this).  But recently I've found something very strange about my little buddy.  When I put my MAC in front of him and play cartoons(mostly MLP as thats mostly what I watch), he calms right down, and even walks toward it!  Is he seeing something I don't, or is this just coincidence?  Maybe he thinks its another Pleo's signal?

It is possible, during the hatching stage, giving him to much attention, patting all the time, when he grows up, he expects it. If during the hatching stage, he does not get so much attention, then when grown up may need less attention.

The hatching stage may define his personality which could be linked into how much he is handled and patted, etc? Just a thought?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal