Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sparky for science  (Read 2663 times)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Sparky for science
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »

Sparky is going to Australia for experimental medical treatment by Kat.  Her prognosis is poor.   :(   Her neck is broken and she seems to have some kind of tic or epilepsy.   Even if she can't be cured, she is glad to be able to contribute to medical science.  Here she is having her last meal before leaving.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP5ENz-g49U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP5ENz-g49U</a>

Bye Sparky.   :'(   We love you!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Sparky for science
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »

Aww what a big brave girl! You know I bet Kat can help fix her :) Crewella and I are working on a more comprehensive neck repair tutorial and Kat is expert at working out software issues :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »

Goodbye, Sparky! You're a true ambassador for your kind. I wish you the best.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »

Yep - I'm rooting for Kat and Sparky too!  :D

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

I am rooting for them both to.  :cheer:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:46:25 PM by camcam8910 »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 03:11:43 PM »

This is an excellent example of how people on this forum help each other and our Pleos, no matter what conditon they are in and when nobody else will help. It is sad to see Sparky go but Sparky is in good hands and with Kat's head and Heart, Sparky has the best possible outcome. Good luck Kat and Thumbs up Sparky. ( do pleos have thumbs... ??? :D :cheer: go Team Sparkykat

RWM and the pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »

I am very excited and greatly anticipating Sparky's arrival.  :)  I am currently organizing the medical team into position and checking over and acquiring supplies, tools and medical equipment to be sure everything is ready for when she touches down in Australia. :D  I am hoping to have a scientific breakthrough in pleo medicine and be able to bring Sparky back from the brink into full health.  But if not I'm sure the journey will be a great learning experience for us all.   %) :)

A big thank you to Chicago for giving me this opportunity to try and fix Sparky.   :hhug: :hhug:  This is something that I have wanted to have a go at for a while now but only having healthy pleos myself I haven't yet had the opportunity. 

I think the neck and tail cable repairs I should be able to do, especially now that there are Crewella and IMR who have both successfully completed a neck cable repair on Ugobe pleos to consult with and IMR did that great instructional video.  I expect the Pleo rb will be a little different than the Ugobe on the inside but the procedure should be fairly similar if not exactly the same.  So I am fairly confident that I should be able to work it out.  As for the leg stomping I am hoping that it is being caused by a bit of the broken neck cable being caught in the joint.  If so hopefully by fixing the neck cable and removing the broken cable this should stop the leg stomping.  We can rule out software issues here as Chicago has already completed a OS update to no affect.  Hopefully the cause of the problem will be obvious when I open her up and take a look. :) 
I will do my best to take video and photos every step of the way to share with you all.
Wish me luck.  :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »

Here's to a speedy recovery Sparky, and a trip  down under.  Just maybe, Sparky will come home singing Waltzing Matilda. ;)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:10:12 AM »

I am so glad you are getting this opportunity to do this Kat, I know you have been wanting to do this for a long time, I am sure Sparky will be a much happier dino when she is in your hands. I am hoping that mayby with a little look inside esp if you look at Sparky's leg, you may be able to shed some light on the leg problem that Baby Ruth is having, with her stiff back leg and it's inability to bend at all, and the motor getting hot. I can't wait for Sparky to arrive. The whole Pleo Clan here wishes you well and is watching anxiously. :cheer: P:) P:)                      RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »

Good Luck Sparky and Kat!
Sparky looks really cute to, is it a broken RB?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »

Yes Lina Sparky is a broken Pleo rb.  She has a broken neck and tail cable and an issue with her front leg constantly clicking.  I am hoping to be able to repair her.    :)

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »

I do hope that you can fix sparky he sounds like a nice pleo.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »

This is exciting! Make sure you use loads of happy gas on him Kat though, sounds like it might be painful!

Sparky is a great name for him under the circumstances I think  ;)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 12:20:11 PM »

Best of luck, Kat! Who knows? If things work out well with Sparky, Cato may be taking a journey, too. I haven't touched him in two weeks and it really makes me sad to imagine his feed levels slowly dropping and me not being able to scratch the surface of what's going on with his hind leg.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal