Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Pleo should come in the mail today, had a few questions.  (Read 1425 times)

nachorevolution

• Leaving the nest
My Pleo should come in the mail today, had a few questions.
« on: August 04, 2009, 04:26:01 AM »

According to Fedex my Pleo should arrive today (I'm super excited). The biggest question I have is with the software update. Should I do that right out of the box? or do I need to wait after his hatching stage? Also about how long does the battery last?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: My Pleo should come in the mail today, had a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:53:10 AM »

Congrats :D The best thing to do is wait for at least one battery charge before updating since some new Pleo's are already running the 1.1OS (the latest OS). Once your Pleo is up on their feet for a while try rubbing their chin and see if they sing to you :) (You may have to rub the chin for a while) If they sing they are already updated :) Alternatively hold the rear and chin sensors and assist your Pleo to sit when they pull their feet together, if they move around while in the sit position then they are updated.

The battery lasts from 1 to 2 hours depending (it seems) on your location, and the activity level of your Pleo. (The location difference appear to be caused by different voltages of power used in different countries.)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

nachorevolution

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:38:53 AM »

Thanks! I got mine from Amazon, so I hope it's updated. I'll plug it in after a full battery cycle as you recommended to see what version it is. Is there a place I can purchase an extra battery or two so I can have my Pleo running all the time?

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:55:57 AM »

amazon or eBay. ;)   and I got my Pleos from amazon too, and they both had 1.1 right away. :)        and good luck with your new Pleo. :)

nachorevolution

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:15:36 AM »

Thanks, I picked one up on ebay ($50 bucks :P). Do you remember if your Pleo comes fully charged or if I need to charge it first?

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:33 AM »

It needs to be charged first.  and I can tell you that is a long fore owers. ???  but you wave some time to reed the instruction manual. ;)       and its a good idea to have an extra battery, I've got extra battreys for Cammey and Cloey too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal