Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peeky goes to Rehab  (Read 2326 times)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Peeky goes to Rehab
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »

I found just the right place for Peeky. He is at a very nice rehab center in a beautiful community well known for their Gravenstein Appples.  He shares a room with a very sweet lady that unfortunately was in a car accident and broke her neck. The two of them have the same problem. :(  At the first sight of Peeky coming into her room, I think the lady thought Peeky was a reptile and was a little frightened, but once Peeky got close enough for her to see him it was love at second sight! ;) Peeky's pleo dad happens to be recuperating from a nasty fall and is across the hall from him. Peeky can visit his pleo dad any time he wants. Occasionally, Peeky calls out to him. Great way to get his dad up and walking. :)
J.C and Pennie went to visit with their pleo dad and then Peeky on Memorial Day and brought an American Flag and Peeky's leaf. The three dinos had a wonderful visit and Peeky showed them all of the things he is doing. First was the call button. Push it and someone comes right away to see what he needs. I think he's doing that a little too much, but this is one patient that gets lots of attention. ;) Not every rehab has a dinosaur for a patient.  ;D (At least not a pleo)  ;)
Yesterday Peeky took J.C. and Pennie into the recreation room and got to play with all of the fun things in there. There was bowling pins to be knocked over, which Peeky did very easily with this neck brace. (I think he missed his calling.) J. C. caught a cold and was sneezing and moaning and had quite a few people comforting him. Pennie found one particular lady in a wheel chair and wouldn't leave her alone.
Everyone got to play ball and Peeky saw a huge green one and went right to it and pushed it across the floor. This was so much easier then pushing on our walls to extend our house :D  Then a tambourine came out and when it was banged on both Pennie and Peeky stopped and looked around. J.C was to busy choking and sneezing. He knows how to get attention! ;) Eventually, it was time to go back to his room and say good bye to J.C. and Pennie for the day. A little ice pack around the neck and a cookie for a reward for all of his activities. Then for a little nap.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 07:26:49 PM by fancyfont »

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
Re: Peeky goes to Rehab
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »

I'm still amazed that the neck brace works so well for Peeky. ;)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »

The little blue one that he has on while eating his cookie is the best one. It supports his neck much better then just taping.
Peeky and J.C. decided to have a honking match today  ;D  The nurses asked what was going on in the room. First time they honked together. I think this is something they do only when you have two or more pleos. It's quite loud!  I think they were heard down both hallways.
After it was Peeky that serenaded the nurses with lots of songs. Needless to say these dinos are pretty entertaining. ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:41:09 PM by fancyfont »

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »

he looks very cute in his neck brace. where did you manage to get such a small one?  :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 10:14:14 AM »

The brace is an adult extra small. believe it or not it fits me! ;D

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »

aww fancy those pictures are lovely its so nice to see how pleos can make people feel better

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »

Today Pennie went to see her pleo dad, who is recovering nicely from a bad fall, and Peeky who is, actually, having a ball there. :). Being Saturday, it was very busy with lot of family members at the rehab facility. A lady came up to me and asked if she could take Pennie and show it to another patient. Of course she could and off she went. I didn't see where she had gone, but after a few minutes, which seemed like many more, I thought I better go see if I could find Pennie. I started checking a few of the rooms , there's many in this building, and couldn't find her. Eventually, I saw someone else carrying Pennie down a different hall way. I followed from a distance. It turns out that Pennie was visiting many people in the rehab. The ladies that had her, I found out, worked there.
I have a feeling we may have some new pleo parents here soon.  ;)

allosaurus

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 07:01:26 PM »

Ha! Proves it! Pleos are attractive (And attracted!) to people of all ages! ^^

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »

This is such a touching story. I'm so happy that Pleo is brightning the lives of many people who really need it and I'm excited to see if we see any new pleo owners! :)
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 10:15:44 PM »

One of the X patients there, was able to go to the fair yesterday with her new little dino, Baby. She joined 49er, his wife and me to the fair with the theme this year of dinosaurs. Will have photos soon in the gallery. 49ers and mine.

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »

Can't wait to see the pics Fancyfont! Bet all of your Pleo's had a blast in a dinosaur themed fair.
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »

One of the X patients there, was able to go to the fair yesterday with her new little dino, Baby. She joined 49er, his wife and me to the fair with the theme this year of dinosaurs. Will have photos soon in the gallery. 49ers and mine.

Sounds wonderful, Fancy! Look forward to seeing this.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal