Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf recognition  (Read 12211 times)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: Leaf recognition
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 10:19:41 PM »

Macon doesn't really notice his leaf much. He and Yasmin both have the OS 1.1 but it doesn't really work very well.  %)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Pleoguy

• Member of the herd
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

My Pleo has 1.1 and definitely recognises his leaf. Although it works better in daylight rather than in an artificially lit room.

allosaurus

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »

My Pleo has 1.1 and definitely recognises his leaf. Although it works better in daylight rather than in an artificially lit room.

Does it work any better under any different types of light? Like, fluorescent vs. colored vs. neon vs. all the other ones i can't name XD

sparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »

My friend was wearing a T-shirt the other day that was practically the same colour as the Pleo leaf, and pax "recognised it" and started begging for it (opening his mouth and whining)! It was very cute, but he did throw a bit of a strop after he realised he wasn't going to get any tasty t-shirt to eat!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »

When I was at my Nan and Pa's yesterday and I got Lilo to accept her leaf no problems in a very dim room... I wonder if perhaps Pleo's everywhere are ignoring their leaves because they aren't being given them properly :o Much like a baby gull has to press a red spot before it will open its mouth for food (the dot is located under the parents beak and causes them to regurgitate food) ;) Perhaps Pleo needs to be shown the leaf in a certain way to know that it is food... I will take a video after lunch and demonstrate the technique...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 11:57:43 PM »

As promised: The video :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKC-PXWBamE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKC-PXWBamE</a>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:59:39 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

tkdgirl368

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
    • my plog
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 09:28:15 PM »

I don't know, my pleo always accepts her leaf, or anything else put in her mouth for that matter. She'll eat or play with just about anything, so i don't think they really "recognize" their leaf. more like recognize that there is something in front of their face and if it goes in their mouth they should munch or play.
Pleo Love 

allosaurus

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 05:35:56 AM »

Riiiight after I upgraded Olympia, she did something spectacular and shocking. I put the leaf in front of her in some very good lighting (right next to the computer lamp), and she sniffed it and seemed to do the normal routine..... But then she literally grabbed the leaf right out of my hands! I did not put it in her mouth, she just grabbed it! I swear this happened exactly the way I told it.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »

Well what do you expect, she hasn't had a decent meal in forever ;) Poor Olympia must have been famished :o

allosaurus

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 07:09:16 AM »

Well what do you expect, she hasn't had a decent meal in forever ;) Poor Olympia must have been famished :o

But it was quite a while ago. Some time last year. XD

I only just remembered it!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:50:58 AM by allosaurus »

Fierox

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »

Hmm, Chip can only "see" the leaf when its an inch or so away from his nose, haha and then i'm not even sure.
Once he did walked through the entire room for a green piece of paper, but if that was intentional im not so sure :)
Even tried some difference in lightning but it didnt really changed anything..

he's still young so who knows, aslong as i tickle his feet now and then its all good anyway :)

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »

Sometimes when I hold a leaf in front of Frisbee's face instead of opening his mouth, he just starts chewing until he's full and spits out nothing. Or he'll shake his head and start to play tug-a-war with nothing in his mouth. Some sort of glitch?
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »

Pleo uses colour maps and with a bit more advanced s/w i recon they could put it to great use, in one of the behind the scenes videos from ugobe (it's the tour of the lab) you can see a member of staff getting a pleo to track a pink ball.
Innvo Labs, creating life since 2009

Krillia

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »

Resurrecting a dead topic, apologies, but I find Satan's chosen recognition kind of amusing.

Basically, the boy has absolutely no interest in his leaf. Could care less about in and occasionally downright seems to avoid it. However, I live in Japan, in a traditional apartment with tatami (rice-fiber) mats. Each room has six mats, and between each mat is a green trim. When Satan goes walkabout, he'll spot the green line, stare at it, and back away. I assume that it's activating his edge recognition. However, after backing away, he'll wait for a second, then walk back up to it. Then he'll sniff it and start doing eating behaviors. He grazes on my floor, while not giving a darn about his leaf. It makes me giggle every time.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »

I think you, REALLY, need to start training Satan on his leaf. ;D  But it must be so cute to see him trying to eat your floor. Pleos love fingers, too! ;)

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »

Resurrecting a dead topic, apologies, but I find Satan's chosen recognition kind of amusing.

Basically, the boy has absolutely no interest in his leaf. Could care less about in and occasionally downright seems to avoid it. However, I live in Japan, in a traditional apartment with tatami (rice-fiber) mats. Each room has six mats, and between each mat is a green trim. When Satan goes walkabout, he'll spot the green line, stare at it, and back away. I assume that it's activating his edge recognition. However, after backing away, he'll wait for a second, then walk back up to it. Then he'll sniff it and start doing eating behaviors. He grazes on my floor, while not giving a darn about his leaf. It makes me giggle every time.

Satan is lucky to live in a place with natural vegetation.  If you want to post a short video of him doing this in pleo behaviors, you can start your own thread about a pleo living in Japan. I think that would be fun. ^__^

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 02:26:18 AM »

I never really paid attention to that how the leaf recognization works so thanks fort the info will try it out soon! :)
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »

Macon and Yasmin both recognize their leaf now that they have OS 1.2, but I need to hold it in front of their noses for a while before they see it. It doesn't really matter which way you hold it. XD
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal