Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First attempt at Pleo clothes  (Read 4321 times)

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
First attempt at Pleo clothes
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:56:08 AM »

I received my Pleo while I was away from home, so I've had her default cape on her as the best protection available, but it was only ever a temporary measure as those rubber bands made me quite uncomfortable. And some conversation today reminded me that I needed to do something about that, so I've spent some time this evening building up my skills by modifying an item of human clothing so that it might function as Pleo-clothing. Gotta work with what you have on hand and all. ;)

Here's an image of the item in question before I started chopping and stitching. You can see there's a pretty pattern that goes right down Lizzy's back in the intended finished version.

Of course I want to make sure what I'm doing will work okay before I finalise things. My main concern is whether that patterning that's so pretty is actually likely to do more damage to her paint. I have a lot of spare cloth I can line it with underneath, but I'd like to leave it as-is if possible as it looks quite nice seeing a hint of her natural colours underneath. It will most likely be secured around her tail so that it doesn't slide around too much. It seems like most other people here are making clothes out of things that are a lot thicker than just cotton, so I wonder if that's important as well.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: First attempt at Pleo clothes
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »

Stop stressing and have fun :) So long as its not tight, it'll be just fine.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: First attempt at Pleo clothes
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:01 PM »

Looks like a fun project and I can't wait to see the finished product :) 
I use stretch velvet for all my pleo clothing as it is fairly thin so doesn't interfere with the touch sensors, feels lovely to stroke when you pat your pleo and is stretchy so it doesn't restrict pleos movement.  It is also smooth on the underside so not going to rub against pleos skin. 
Cotton should work just fine as long as you keep it loose around the joints or moving areas and if you are worried at all about the scratchiness of the lace then maybe lining that part with something would be a good idea.  Is the lace scratchy when you rub it back and forth on your skin?  If it is then line it if it is not then it should be fine. 
Have fun :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal