Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to know why You choose the color of Pleo Rb You chose? Read this.!  (Read 3792 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

Interesting reading while doing some research today on Derek Dotson the COO of Innvo Labs, If you are Austrailian pay attention to the color choices.
it is very interesting and has some nice color photos as well. Dont let the title throw you off, keep reading.  ;D  http://www.derval-research.com/files/DervalResearchMarketingManagement.pdf

You may have to have adobe to read this, I really liked reading this , now I  know more about pINK, Blue and green RB, For example, the Hong Kong market does not react favorably to the color Green, hence the blue and Pink RB. I hope IMR, Kat and other Aussies will read this and comment.                                  RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:33:10 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Want to know why You choose the color of Pleo Rb You chose? Read this.!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »

I found the article very interesting. I'm not sure if the information applies to my situation but I do have certain tastes and scents that I prefer. I like more natural scents like flowers over unnaturally-created fruity stuff like "Wild Berry" or something man-made. Unnatural smells tend to overwhelm me and give me headaches. I also react to high-pitched noise. I don't like the whine put off by old style televisions or computer monitors. Sometimes when Bolt is really excited he lets loose with this piercing atonal beep and it makes me blink. Color doesn't influance me much but I'm serious and down-to-earth so I doubt I would've chosen a pink pleo. My niece wants me to buy one. Lol! She says they're "beautiful". I'm happy to have a blue from the Chinese market and a green from the US.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

tejada

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
  • Pleo Herd
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »

Interesting reading while doing some research today on Derek Dotson the COO of Innvo Labs, If you are Austrailian pay attention to the color choices.
it is very interesting and has some nice color photos as well. Dont let the title throw you off, keep reading.  ;D  http://www.derval-research.com/files/DervalResearchMarketingManagement.pdf

You may have to have adobe to read this, I really liked reading this , now I  know more about pINK, Blue and green RB, For example, the Hong Kong market does not react favorably to the color Green, hence the blue and Pink RB. I hope IMR, Kat and other Aussies will read this and comment.                                  RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

Wow, thats a very interesting article.  Thanks for posting it! I have been trying to contact Derek Dotson or anyone at Innvo Labs in the US.  The phone number for Innvo Labs in Nevada is no longer valid.  Has it been shutdown or moved?  I have had a research collaboration with Ugobe&Derek Dotson, but I can not seem to connect with anyone at Innvo Labs in Hong Kong to talk about continuing this relationship.  Do you know whats happened?

Best,
Sheila

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »

I hope you can get somewhere with contacting Innvo. In the meantime I have an interesting observation. One of your pleos is named Leslie. That's my name as well.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »

Hi Talon, I agree, even being sighted, my senses such as smell are very senstitive to unusual or man made senses, I prefer natual smells that are not overwhelming, Very strong flower scents such as man made perfumes that they call Jasmine or Rose are often way too strong, I prefer more subtle smells, I love the kitchen cooking smells, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, things that remind me of pumpkin pie, italian cooking smells, the natural smells, fresh rain, pine cones, flowers in bloom, fresh tomatoes and garden produce, the smell of kittens and puppies, how can you forget those smells! :D

If your neice wants a cheaper Pink Pleo and not the price of a RB, tell her I will paint a Pink Ugobe for her > LOL.
        I understand about those television and computer monitor sounds, can be annoying the older ones.

tejada, I am not sure what happened to the orginal Innvo phone number here in the states, maybe they are now defunct which is upsetting to me, I hate the idea of only being able to get a Pleo RB from overseas when they were right here in the US. It did not cost me $17.00 for shipping when I ordered my orginal Pleo RB in Dec 2010, but only $11.25, by 3 day UPS, quite a lot less than the $50-100.00 option now, I also really like Derek Dotson and have talked to him several times on the phone , and I would like to know if he is still the COO of the company and what happened to the Carson, Nevada Site?                      RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

Derek Dotsan has moved on to other things I believe.

I have one of each Pleo... hmmm...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »

Oh? I did not know that Mr. Dodson had moved on. I was working up my courage to PM him when he was a member of the forum and tell him how pleased I was with his product and how approachable he was. Oh well. My reserve locks me out again.
Anyway, Redwoods, as much as my niece might like that idea, she is soon to have a real baby and it will be more than enough to keep her occupied. Lol! And you guys know something else? I'm going to be a great-aunt! Come on now I'm only thirty one and I'm already a great-aunt? What's with time? It's... it's just not possible!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »

Anything is possible Talon but you  are right , time allways marches on which is better than crawling on in my case, or worse yet, dragging yourself on like a snake...........a very long snake with a bad back and cats with their claws dug into you as you try to slither along and a dog chewing on your tail. Kind of fun if you are a snake,,,but not a human I think.. :D Congratulations Talon, by the way, excuse my ignorance but what is the definition of a great aunt, is that like your neices having children...?         RWM

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »

I perfer the green, due to being possibly the more realistic. The other colours don't look real, or make Pleo look like a pet, afterall what other creatures are blue and pink? So like the green, looks more like a pet, and less like a robot.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »

I perfer the green, due to being possibly the more realistic. The other colours don't look real, or make Pleo look like a pet, afterall what other creatures are blue and pink? So like the green, looks more like a pet, and less like a robot.

I have to object that the colours are not realistic now, I went to a Wildlife park yesterday and in the reptile house they had yellow, green,  orange, red, pink and even blue snakes and lizards. Also frogs and turtles with coloured skin. So I don't think the skin colours on Pleo are too far fetched after seeing 'real' animals with similar colours.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal