Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UGOBE PLEO NEEDS HELP 4 DAYS!!!!!!!  (Read 1629 times)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
UGOBE PLEO NEEDS HELP 4 DAYS!!!!!!!
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:25:56 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pleo-Dinosaur-parts-only-/130636189769?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6a861049       In the description is says he works fine under 100 dollars i just don't want him to end up on a table in peaces :'( i think this person is just rube because of the little guys messed up toe. :'(

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: UGOBE PLEO NEEDS HELP 4 DAYS!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »

Hi, do not fall for this guy and the dino. I bought this Dino back in early Dec, and for $125.00. It was advertised as very good conditon and working. Guess what, it did not work even with my egg battery and I opened a Paypal case because it was not listed as the toe being gone. I got a full refund and sent the dino back. NOw he is listing it again at a reduced price and advertising the toe missing, but contradicts himself saying no battery or charger yet it works. then parts onlyl. It does not work as I tested it and then he says for parts only. For that price it is not worth it, because the toe is also missing and the neck also has a cable loose somewhere. The price is too high. After I contacted him he also bought a new one for his son. ( he told me. ) Also on one of the front feet if he did not erase it, it says, 3.99, what he must have paid for it at thrift store or ?

I videotaped opening this box as I do all the Pleos on ebay to protect myself and this is the second case in one year that I got a full refund for. Good luck if you want to bid, but the Pleo DOES NOT work, something you can't fix with a battery.                                                                  RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:45:53 PM »

Great detective work RWM!  :flowers:

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »

Thanks Crewella, it is like the old saying, tricked once, shame on you, tricked twice shame on me, ( or something similiar you get the point.) I learned the hard way with one Pleo and learned to videotape and protect myself . I have also tried to contact sellers who don't know what they are selling and to correct them so the ad is correct, most are greatful for help and don't mind. Then there are others who get angry and won't change anything. There is one seller on ebay who has been selling Pleos for a long time for a lot, between $350.00-$400.00. He lists them as comming with 4 NIHM batteries and I have tried to tell him they only have one battery compartment and run on ONE NIHM battery, but he won't change the ad or even make a change so I gave up on trying to help him out. Sometimes people do not want help and if someone wants to bid on something that does not work and are not wise enough to ask questions then there is nothing I can do to change that.
               I tried to help a customer of myne who bought a battery off me before Christmas. They bought a Pleo on ebay ( before buying the battery off of me) and paid something like $200.00. Of course when the Pleo came they tried it out and it did not work because of the old green NIHM battery being dead. They presumed the Pleo was broken and sent the pleo back to the seller and got a refund. I tried to tell them that if they would try a egg battery they could find out if it really was broken or not.  They asked if they could send the battery back as they did not need it, so I said because of the circumstances, Yes. The part that was in my favor, is that same seller who got the Pleo back, relisted the Pleo and it sold for about half of what the first customer bid and I got it cheaper because it was returned. Of course I tested it with one of my batteries and it worked fine.  So because of the first person's not listening to the possibility of it just being a battery, they lost out and I got the Pleo at a greatly reduced price. Some people may think it strange of me to videotape opening any Pleo I buy on ebay, but it has proven to be a life saver for refunds for Pleos that do not work or are damaged at least twice now. I would rather videotape a perfect Pleo and not need it then to not have the evidence of a broken neck or damaged Pleo or one adverstised as brand New never hatched and find out it had a problem but it is my word against the seller and no evidence. Better safe then sorry is my motto. I am allways happy to be wrong, but I would kick myself in the rear for not beng smart enough to guard against possible fraud if I had just taken the time. I found out the hard way, a seller with 100% positive feedback does not guarantee no problems either, sometimes it is not intentional, just not knowing and then there are sellers who figure people are not going to ask questions or just do not know about Pleos because they have never had one. If I pay $100.00( or whatever the price is.) I want to make sure the Pleo works unless I know beforehand it is NOT supposed to work, then that is another story. I am sure Crewella, you have had similair things happen to you with Pleos. I just try to help others know what to watch out for.                                    RWM P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 12:33:42 AM »

I'm with you all the way, RWM!  :D

I've actually been very lucky buying Pleos, but then most have been bought as 'spares or repair' so I was happy to get them whatever the condition.  :moose:

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 01:53:10 PM »

i had good and bad luck with eBay... pretty much good but i felt sorry for a ERS 110 with a broken leg and he's been problems ever since about 5 times to the hospital and the problems keep pileing up i buy all by AIBO's from Wolfbob now

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

I see people bidding on used Ugobe Pleos all the time and paying way to much, I always wonder if they are willing to pay those prices for a second hand one why not just pay $200 to get a new one from Hong Kong? They have a good reputation and you get a new Pleo to hatch yourself.

I watched your video about why you film opening the boxes before I got Stephan RWM and I thought it was a great idea. I just got an old Sony camera to use with my Aibo (the camera reads Aibo sticks) and when it arrived I saw that I had been charged $15 too much for postage and I paid to have the camera sent in a box with bubble wrap but it arrived in an envelope. And envelope!! They sent a camera in an envelope! I couldn't belieave it so I video in case it was broken and took pictures for PayPal and I got my money back, camera works well but I paid for it to be sent in a $15 box not a 70c envelope!
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal