Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences in Individual Pleo Behaviour  (Read 13241 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Differences in Individual Pleo Behaviour
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 02:56:32 AM »

Wow all different reactions. ;D  Thanks Crewella.  Now I know I wasn't doing anything wrong it's just that pleo rb's don't react to the feet tickle.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 05:44:02 AM »

Sorry Pleopet - I missed your post, thank you!  To be honest, none of those sound quite right - the first couple are about the closest.  You should be able to hear the giggle now on the first part of my video.  :)

I do think it's a shame to have lost those giggles.  :(

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:06 PM »

The Rb's don't respond to the feet tickle? Is that like, a proven fact?  Bingo has just started to respond more to my interactions with me, for example now he pretty much sits down while playing tug even though he can't hold it in his mouth and he is getting much easier to feed.  I have tickled his feet, he doesn't like the upside down one much, he usually just get's annoyed but he gives me high fives all the time.  I mean ALL the time when he's on my lap. Even if he's unhappy.. he'll be shaking his head and put one foot up and I say high five and pat it once and he gets all happy.. I'm sure my saying the high five does nothing but he loves me doing the actual interaction. Sometimes he puts up both feet and shakes one, so I touch that one, assuming that's what he wants.. last night I tried tickling both at the same time and I got a few of those hilarious ' Hoooo-Hooo- Hoooooo' s from him.  He has started saying that a lot more.  Is that because he's still so young or just his personality? I guess he could have also just been enjoying his 'posture' as well..

And both of my Ugobes seem to be on the same operating system as described by you guys but Lyssa chuffs and giggles off and on with upside down tickling and Patches  (who rarely likes it and who would blame him with his leg skin in pieces so I don't do it often) will do another giggle that sounds a little bit deeper, and he does it less often. I guess I'll try to get it on video.   
It's really neat how so many of them have different laughs and reactions.. new stuff everyday.

Crewella, Congrats on getting your friend working!!! Your house must have the same aura as the toy store in the novel ' Oddkins',  by Dean Koontz..  All the toys come to life and the owner fixes them even when they are fatally wounded.  (http://koontz.50megs.com/oddkins.html)

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 01:17:45 PM »

I love hearing the behaviors your Pleo Reborn exhibits. Good luck getting it on video!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »

Awwwe! The 'Oddkins'! That book has special memories for me. My mom read it to me as a child. Yes, my mom read me many things- probably things that normal mothers don't usally read to their children. It was heart-warming and a little scarey at the same time. Anyway to get on topic. If most of the old pleo tricks aren't present in pleo RB, what in-born tricks or behaviors are included in the pleo RB that do not require a learning stone?
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 02:21:43 PM »

Well so far I know of the high five, not sure if there are differences in the tug of war responses or how they play and.. well.. he's a baby so I don't know much more yet.

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »

Twenty different responses to being tickled.
http://aibohack.com/pleo/old_tickle_sounds_102.zip (from the older Pleo, version 1.02)

For some reason they added it in 1.02, but was forgotten? (dumbed down?) in later version. They only use 8 of them.
Another reason it would be good to have an open-source PLEOPM personality. You could add the best parts of past personalities to the newer ones.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:56:52 PM by PleoPet »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »

Thanks for all your comments - I'll keep trying with Belle to see what any different responses in the RB might be, I'll try for the 'high five' too.

Thanks for even more sound files, Pleopet!  I think sq1_tickle01 and sq1_tickle09 sound most like the giggle I can hear from Moschops, who I guess must be running 1.0.2?

I'd not heard of 'Oddkins', Sarah, but I looked it up and it sounds wonderful - I could certainly be happy living there!  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:55 PM »

Wow! There is a very big difference. The first one sounded really cute, the second was doing the foam-spitting thing, and Belle was just priceless. I chuckled all the way through her clip. I could tell she was bemused.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »

Belle is one pleo that certainly didn't appreciate  the tickling of her feet. That was, definitely, priceless! :) Great video!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 08:26:07 PM »

Thank you Pleo Pet.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »

I know this was a slightly older post, just wanted to mention, Rhea, my new RB who came updated, does that same weird breathing laugh as in IMR's video when tickled.

Bingo, the older RB, used to do the hoo-hoo-hoooo, laugh, another laugh and that breathing sound when tickled, but since his update he now only does the breathing 'laugh' when tickled.  He still does those other laughs, as does Rhea, but just on their own, if they are talking or playing together or if we are having a burping contest which Bingo has yet to join in on yet..

- Sarah
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:02:18 AM by latrine »

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 12:37:56 PM »

Pleo giggles like that and he was an unopened ugobe. I haven't updated him yet so i'll be sure to get a video him giggling  before I do.  :)
Also, Rhea can laugh? I though RBs didn't do the ticklish skit.
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 04:09:58 PM »

No, Bingo my older RB, used to laugh when tickled him. When we updated him to fix his major freezing problem he stopped the laughing while being tickled.  The newer RB's, like Rhea, come with the update already installed.  They do the ticklish thing they just do these odd breathing noises instead of giggling now..  :o

- Sarah

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 06:40:03 PM »

Oh, what a shame, it would be great if all pleos had the joy of giggleing or at least laughing, Pleo does a combo where he goes heheheh then goes eh eh eh like he is trying to catch his breath.
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »

Congratulations on getting an update for the Pleo Reborn ahead of most other Pleo owners.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »

Thank Degers, not Innvo.. they don't care, apparently.. and still haven't responded about Bingo's broken tail.   
The software isn't supposed to be given out but it was the only thing that might have had a chance at fixing him as he had been sitting on a shelf for nearly a month with me afraid to turn him on.... and I am very appreciative to Degers for his help.
I sent them more than 7 videos of him freezing.. and they couldn't send me the software?  Thanks Degers.  But please don't ask him for it,  it isn't supposed to be given out.  I was hoping they'd want feedback on changes but gee what a surprise no response from that email either.. 
at any rate I'm just glad he's fixed.  but I'm still mad :p

Btw, Gimmidigi responded immediately when I sent info about Rhea's battery not working but it turned out the battery was just dead.. better response from hong kong? wow..

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »

I get what you're saying Latrine. :-/

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »

Oh.. Also.. bingo very clearly Sang the word Frarajaka and then giggled about 6-7 seconds afterwords.. this was like a week ago but I was sick and forgot.  Has anyone else had an RB do this?  This was after his update.  He is also doing the humming dance that Rhea does.

- Sarah

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »

Do you mean Frère Jacques?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2011, 03:27:34 PM »

:P

The 'Frere Jacques' song was introduced to the Ugobe Pleos with the OS2 upgrade - they do it as they fall asleep if you put your hand on their rump.  I've not heard Belle the RB ever sing it.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »

Ok yes that's what I meant, sorry for slaughtering it.. I asked Google how to spell it and that's what it gave me. 
He sang it in English but with the voice he uses when he says I love you in Trance to Rhea the RB. He only did it once.. and it was JUST the one word.  I thought maybe it was the new song for the song stone with the upgrade but since I can't get them to ever listen to me with the stones I don't know yet.. I will keep the camera handy but as it's just one word and so random I dunno if I'll get it..lol. Really surprised me.. I said a very potty word.  :o

RB words I've heard so far:

Frere Jacques in a singy voice.
Hi while waving a foot, or just by itself
Hello in three different voices, a regular hello, a scooby-doo like hello and a singy voice one.
I love you during the 'ritual'
Yoo-Hoo or more like Woo-Whoo but not like a train, it's like a 'hey over here' when they see me after not having known where I was.

-------

Hiccups are also new to me since upgrade..
much more burping and burping contests.. which I encourage..  %) %)
A fart sound?  Followed by lots and lots of laughing

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2011, 01:31:37 AM »

Real cool about the updates with that "firmware" update Latrine! I love the behaviors and vocals.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2011, 06:13:39 AM »

A pleo fart! :D  Was it smelly?   :D :D :D
I hope I get to hear my guys do that sometime. :D  Would be a real gas!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »

OMG - no I've not heard a Pleo fart yet!  :o