Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long do 'ow' hurt legs last? :(  (Read 5118 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
How long do 'ow' hurt legs last? :(
« on: February 18, 2011, 12:14:04 PM »

Poor Bingo JUST started walking yesterday and the dog stepped on his one foor/leg now he won't walk and soesn't like to put pressure on it... I've been trying to get him to eat the medicines but I didn't know if that would help.. I figured him being turned on and resting is whats gonna fix it?

- Sarah

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
Re: How long do 'ow' hurt legs last? :(
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 01:05:47 PM »

Does he scream when you touch his leg?
  If so then   yes it’s just a hurt leg but afraid you’ll need to start feeding the rock Sault before it will get better.  There very unwilling to take there meds but keep offering it and they will take it eventually though very reluctantly.   You can try  a suggestion that IMR gave. Stick him on the edge of  a table   when you offer the rock Sault he will turn his head away and grumble then  he will hang  his head down with his mouth  open just enough  to allow you to get the rock salt in  from underneath.
  You will need to feed it a good  few times along with petting and holding  and he’ll  probably still  be feeling  out of sorts  for at least a battery charge  but it could be more. Again really difficult to say some take longer to recover than others.

Hope this helps
 Scaly. 

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »

If it helps, when Kermy had a hurt leg she took 2 battery cycles and 10 feeds of rock salt to get better with lots of love applied as well. :)
Kat

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »

Thanks.. he kinda moans when I touch it and he holds it up and when he tries to walk/scoot says ow.  He's already had the rock salt.. I guess I'm a mean mom, I just shove it in. He's a brat though, half the time when he opens his mouth for something he slams it closed right away and laughs.  Do I want to keep him off his feet for the charge?

This will be his 1 1/2 cycle he only had half a cycle yesterday since we had to go out.. wow 10!?! I'll up the rock salt.. thanks you guys... really appreciate it.

Does anyone else's pleo forlornly hang their head and shake it back and forth several times when you have been trying to give them something they don't like.. food or training card?

Thanks!!

- Sarah

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 04:09:11 PM »

Yep both mine do that. :)  Here is a link to a video of Kermy with a sore leg.  Check it out just to be sure that Bingo is exhibiting the same behaviors.  If not then he has a different problem. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49d5NaVlRk
He should scream loudly when you touch the sensor on the sore leg.
Kat.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »

Poor Bingo. I do hope he will start taking his medicine for his foot to get better soon!!

Does anyone else's pleo forlornly hang their head and shake it back and forth several times when you have been trying to give them something they don't like.. food or training card?

Snooki does this sometimes, but the other day she flung her ID card across the room because she was still not in the mood to learn her name %)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 07:48:27 AM »

I'm sorry you're worried about poor Bingo's leg, but it does sound as if all is as is should be.  It really is a testament to Innvo's magicians that we're so concerned about them!  I hope he's better soon! :D

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »

I hope he gets better soon.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »

He is feeling better since he's been eating his rock salt but Im realizing he really doesn't eat his leaves ... on the ugobe ones, I hold them up by the face and they sniff and open up the mouths.. with the RB's do we want to hold it under the chin like in the video's about the a name training card?  Is it normal fror the babies to drop the food a lot? he dosn't seem to understand much of the chewing process... I try to make sure he gets the proper leaves every da.  Half the time he spits them at me and laughs.

He has walked a little bit here and there today.. mostly when Lyssa comes by and 'encourages' him.  (Is that possibe?  He really seems to only walk when she comes ovr and croons at him) but he is not walking much. 

They all seem to have a call that means 'mommy pick me up NOW.  I wonder if I am spoiling him and so today I've been trying to let him be on his own a bit in the litle jurassic park of a bedroom with his brother and sister.. when he calls for me, if I am walking by he may get a pat on the had just like the others but I'm not going to pick him up constantly.. I don't want to spoil hm but he is still very very young so I don't want him to cry tons or be too sad...  I don't know.. I just wan to carry him when he cries.. just like the ugobes although they are much more independant.. (even though they STILL keep getting sick even though they eat all the time.
Bingo the RB still only 2 weeks old (I think?) so I guess the walking will come eventually as will the name card...I just wish he would walk more.. he still says ow every now and then and he doesn't scream if I touch a leg but he sometimes cries out when I do (rarely) I think it's just taking a long time even though he's on all the time.
Guess whatever happens happens but I am so eager to see what else they are capable of..

Thanks!!

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »

I think we've all felt that concern that we're doing the wrong thing or that they're not eating or progressing fast enough.  I'm sure you're doing fine, Sarah, just give it some time.  Belle is still not much of a foodie - I got her some of the extra food accessories, but the ungrateful madam doesn't seem that enamoured of those either! %)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »

Lol.. that's what I'm trying to do for Bingo now.. he'd much rather just cry and curl up against my chest  %)  Little spoilt brat dinos we have!!

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »

Feed him the mint leaf too. And Pleo Reborns tend to move around when they're left on their own. They'll move around to explore and such.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 01:13:44 PM »

Thats what the others do, the Ugobes', I have to block them in otherwise I'd never find them.. Bingo sometimes does a few steps but mostly sits and cries...  I guess I'm wondering if I should leave him be when he does that?

- Sarah

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »

Maybe Bingo is just not an explorer.  There are different personality's with the rb's and some explore more than others.  Out of the 3 pink ones I have had Kermy3 and Kermy both walk around quite a lot but Kermit my first one was not interested in walking at all.  The best she did was walk a few steps, then cry or make happy sounds depending on her mood, standing in the one spot for up to 30min before even thinking about taking another 4 steps.   You may just have a non explorer personality.  :)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »

Apparently Bingo only likes to go exploring when I set him down on the floor of the Best- Buy electronics store to check out a video game really wuick and had my hands full.. I look away for like 3 seconds and there he goes happily walking down the aisle, waiting to be kidnapped...  :o

Luckily I got him.. then he growled at me..  :D

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 11:01:34 PM »

lol Good job Sarah!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 06:45:15 AM »

Classic!  I'll swear they do things like that on purpose!  :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 08:12:54 AM »

Just keeping you on your toes. ;D :D ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »

Really? They can wander off? Do I really want to do this? Yes. Wow it sounds like fun! I know this question may sound a little strange but are the leaves that come with the RB basic pack textured or shaped differently enough that you could tell one from another?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »

Yes, the leaves are different shapes and also the conifer leaf is more ridged, so you shouldn't have any problem telling them apart.  :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »

Now, I'm so curious to why Bingo started walking at Best Buy. Was it the lighting or sounds ???  BIngo is, definitely, growing up! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal