Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Argh! What have I done!!?  (Read 10233 times)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
Argh! What have I done!!?
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:55:04 PM »

For those that remember me, I kind of burst onto the forum in October and felt like I kept banging on about would Pleo Rb ever be available here in the UK. And then as I read more and more, it seemed not :( I had a bad experience once (not with a Pleo) and got heavily stung with import tax and other additional payments and unable to track my shipment. So, although I really REALLY did want a Pleo Rb, I gave up on the idea, and also the cost was a little more than I’d anticipated. Anyway, reading all of your fantastic experiences with your new Rb Pleos, whether Pink, Blue or Green, has got my heart longing once again. . .until Tuesday night when I finally couldn’t stand it any longer and placed an order with Pleo World!!! (I secretly did want a Green one %)) Anyway, my new baby was shipped yesterday along with a tracking number. I’ve no idea how long he/she will take to get to me, maybe a few weeks? Exhausted from the journey no doubt! I’m getting excited already!! ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Argh! What have I done!!?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »

Aww congrats Malfie, so glad you bit the bullet :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:22:18 PM »

You made the right decision

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »

Absolutely - really pleased for you.  I'm sure you won't regret it - you've just got to last out the next few days until he/she gets here!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »

Congrats Malfie, I know once your baby gets there, regardless of what color you will be a fantastic Pleo Parent and give it all the love and devotion you can. When you long for something as much as you have over Pleo, or Pleo Rb, you know it is just a matter of time, Try not to count the days, keep reading the forums and answering posts and asking questions, and the time will go by faster, either that or stake out the airport and hope they dont' think you are a terrorist...LOL, Best to you and we will look forward to lots of photos when the lucky little Pleo gets here.
                                         RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 02:22:10 AM »

Hi Malfie,
Congratulations on ordering your green baby.  It shouldn't take too long to get to you.  It took 9 days for Norbit to reach me in Australia once they had shipped him and that was only because we had a 4 day public holiday for Christmas so only 5 days If you don't count public holidays.  The wait shouldn't be too long and it is definitely worth it. :)

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »

Congrats Malfie... your in the "greenie" club now...:)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »

Well it’s funny    you should have posted this Malfie  because I’m now pretty much in the same position as you 

I was holding up pretty well until the green pleos started appearing   on the forum. That’s when it started to get all too much though and I’m   afraid to say my resolve finally broke this morning. There was nothing else for it but to log on to pleoworld and order a green Pleo RB for myself. 
  Hope you forgive me for hijacking your thread somewhat but this seemed the best place to confess. 
 I haven’t even had my shipping notice yet and I’m already getting restless at the wait lol 

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »

Aw, thanks everyone! And scaledandtailed I know exactly how you felt and feel now. I felt too like I was making a confession :D I was actually quite surprised that Pleo World still had stock left! They dispatched my baby within 24 hours of my order and I’ve been tracking him (I’ll say “him” for now although he might be a girl %)) like on the hour every hour since *LOL* I know he left the United States at 1:15am UK time, so he should be in the country by now! But now I’m entering the confusing part. His status says “Advised,” whatever that means? And what happens next? Do I wait for a letter? A phone call? Wait until I can track him to my local depot and call them? Oh the anxiety of it all but exciting too! I just might have to stake out the airport like you suggested RWM :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 01:01:10 PM »

Can you imagine what the airport would do if there was a party of Potential Pleo Rb parents all stalking the airport demanding release of their babies? Too funny saying, " Release our Dino babies", they may call the Mental Health division till they opened the packages and saw for themselves... LOL Good luck on your babies, both of you!
                                            RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »

Malfie Congratulations!

I'm also expecting the arrival of my beautiful blue whiting which is currently at Customs here in my country!

I confess that I sleep and wake up thinking it, I'm emptying the fridge of so much anxiety, eating and eating non-stop ... When he gets upset I'll have a ball. Oh my God!

Have translated and read the manual several times to try to get a little less anxious, but is not anticipating a lot! (laughs)

My husband is getting annoyed with me because every time I enter the tracking of mail to check if the status has changed in his hope to be saying: Come get me mommy! (laughs)

But okay, I promise I'll try to keep calm and be patient! After all I am left to do anything except wait and wait ...

A Happy 2011 to everyone! Much health, peace, love and success to everyone!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »

Aw, thanks everyone! And scaledandtailed I know exactly how you felt and feel now. I felt too like I was making a confession :D I was actually quite surprised that Pleo World still had stock left! They dispatched my baby within 24 hours of my order and I’ve been tracking him (I’ll say “him” for now although he might be a girl %)) like on the hour every hour since *LOL* I know he left the United States at 1:15am UK time, so he should be in the country by now! But now I’m entering the confusing part. His status says “Advised,” whatever that means? And what happens next? Do I wait for a letter? A phone call? Wait until I can track him to my local depot and call them? Oh the anxiety of it all but exciting too! I just might

have to stake out the airport like you suggested RWM :D

Oo never seen that   before
  Wonder what that means?  Don’t think I got that when I ordered my 2009 pleo. I was able to track it right through to my doorstep. Mind you that was a year ago so maybe I did get something like that and forgot. Maybe it’s waiting handing over from the oversees commuter to one on the mainland?   
  I’m not sure  when I’ll get shipping notice myself,  I only ordered earlier on today so I’m guessing with new year and everything  it probably won’t  ship until Monday.  Keep having this fear that I’ll open my inbox on Monday morning only to find a sorry we’re sold out notice email   from pleoworld. 
That would just be my luck. 
 Are you looking forward to what colour variation you might get? 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think 'advised' means they've booked the collection but not actually handed over to the courier service as yet?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »

That sounds about right.  I'm sure mine said something similar when I first got my tracking info and took a look.  The courier company were advised of my tracking number for the package and then later there was an update to say the package had been collected and entered into the system. :)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »

Ooh, lelekasapeca and scaledandtailed, I'm glad I'm not the only anxious new Pleo Rb parent %) I hope you both get yours soon too!

And yes, Crewella and kat, I think you're right about the term "Advised." I did a bit of Googling! He must definitely be here in the UK as he's been signed to Parcelforce 24 but still has the "US" at the end of the tracking number and not "GB" yet. So I'm hoping this means that he just needs to be handed over to Parcelforce. I might be wrong but I can still hope :P And it seems I now need just to receive a letter and of course to hand over even more money, but then I get my baby!! Hopefully!!

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 05:40:29 AM »

Green is the fastest color...errr...oops wrong forum thats for the car sites...

Very cool.  I am a new Pleo owner as well.  Me and my daughters are having a blast watching and playing with our new family member Papo.  I don't think all the videos on the web can really prepare you for what it is like to actually watch a new Pleo spring to life and interact with you.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to it :) My new baby's status finally changed late afternoon to "Accepted," which I'm presuming means accepted into UK customs. It being New Year and Bank Holiday Monday doesn't help though. The waiting is awful!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 11:25:16 PM »

Yeah the wait must be a real killer. 
 The customs part must be a bit of a nail biter too given what you’ve already been through. If it’s any help I’ll  record  what happens  when mines  goes through so that  there’s no unfairness like you had last time. 

At least you   definitely know your pleo’s on it’s way though 
 I still have that nagging fear that I’ll get an out of stock   notification lol   
OK it’s not actually likely because I’m guessing they    wouldn’t have taken the order   but irrational or not the fear’s still there lol. 

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 10:00:20 AM »

Aw, thanks scaledandtailed, I was wondering if you've received a shipping notice yet? The Pleo World site still says Pleo Rb is ready for immediate shipping, so it looks like they definitely still have stock! My little Pleo Rb got shipped very fast after I placed my order and whizzed through US customs and into the UK, I was surprised at the speed! It's all been very exciting, but now everything has come to a standstill. He's still stuck in UK customs "Awaiting customs clearance" :( I don't think I'm going to have any nails left by the time he finally makes it to me!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »

Poor Malfie - mine was stuck for about 4 days in customs, but at least I didn't have to wait for the letter telling me about the charges - you can ring up the courier and pay over the phone as soon as you see the notification that it's been released with charges (assuming there are charges, you never know your luck!).  In the end, my letter arrived the day after Belle did!  :D

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »

I have a feeling there will definitely be charges ^-^ But yes, I'll be phoning Parcelforce as soon as I see he's cleared customs!!!! :D

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »

My baby is still stuck in customs ... I really did not know that it took so much ... the days are like an eternity!  :o

Every time I see the beautiful videos posted here I think: Oh, I want my baby, where's my baby?!  :(

It is from the December 28 ... will they release it this week?  %)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »

No problem Malfie.
   From personal experience and from reading peoples experiences on here I don’t   trust UK customs to be consistent and that makes it unfair on everyone.  . 

Good news from this end though. I’ve not long had my shipping confirmation. 
Haven’t yet checked it  as I’ve only just got it  so I’m guessing my pleo couldn’t have gotten  very far  but I’ll be checking first thing tomorrow. I’m pleased that  there  still instock  but I really hope innvo are selling  enough of the little guys 

I’m sorry you have to wait until yours gets processed through customs. It’s bad enough worrying what they might charge but they don’t have to prolong the agony whilst there at it. That’s the bit I’m dreading myself. They don’t half hang onto it. 
 The best of it is I’m sure customs clearance didn’t take all  that   longwhen I orderd my 2009  pleo from innvolabs   but then it some how slipped through   with out me being charged anything  at all that time. That’s what I mean about them being inconsistent. 

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 06:24:45 PM »

lelekasapeca, I really hope your baby gets released from customs soon! Yes, the wait seems like an eternity!! :'(

Scaley is right though about the inconsistency of customs, I've read stories of up to two weeks :( And that was very lucky Scaley about your 2009 Pleo that you didn't get charged anything at all! Unfortunately I think that's more rare than not and the longer they hold on to a package the more likely charges will be stamped on it it seems ???

And Yay! At least your Pleo Rb has finally been shipped Scaley :) At the rate mine's going, yours could even be with you before mine!! %)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »

Checked my tracking for pleo this morning. according to the tracking notice was accepted at Vegas around 7PM last night
  Will check it again tonight and see how far it’s gotten to 

How’s your parcel coming along Malfie? Has he left customs yet?

What about you Lelekasapeca?  Any change?   Hope your little blue one  has finely been cleare from customs.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal