Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Argh! What have I done!!?  (Read 10357 times)

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
Re: Argh! What have I done!!?
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 08:36:42 AM »

scaledandtailed

Still nothing, still in the same position ... Customs takes a long time here ... I knew it was not so!  :(

I'm very, very excited!

But ... I'm learning to be patient forcibly! (laughs)  :-X

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »

Still nothing for me either. Still the same status report: "Awaiting customs clearance" :'( Very frustrating!

I started tracking my Pleo RB on route to Vegas and presumed he would be flown straight from Vegas to London. So I got (briefly!) a little concerned when I saw he had been flown to Los Angeles. No idea why he went West to come East! So Scaley don't be too surprised if your baby gets flown to LA first as this may be the usual route %)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 03:14:18 AM »

Yeah did wonder about that.   Last I looked which was this morning it was showing that he was accepted from Los Angeles last night and is now on his way to the UK. Pretty impressive seeing as he was only shipped on Monday 
  Really sorry to hear you two are still having to wait on custims clearint’s.  think I’l be Joyning you in that frustration soon though 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 05:10:14 AM »

It IS frustrating - Belle made it from China to the UK in two days, then took six days (including the weekend) to get through customs and delivery.  Not long now, though!  :D

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »

Thanks for your help Malfie. I was able to track him on the Parcelforce  site like you said. 
 Not that he’s been going anywhere or will be anytime soon I imagine.   Last time I looked this afternoon he was recorded as being in national hub awaiting customs clearance surprise surprise. 
Glad yours finely made it out of customs all be it with charges but hopefully   yours will get there before the snow hampers deliveries. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

So near ................... not long now!!! ;D

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 07:31:36 PM »

Hello friends!  ;D

Good news!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to get my baby on the postal service agency!  ;D

Once again the agency, send news!

Guess I'll have trouble sleeping tonight! (laughs)  :D

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 08:13:33 AM »

Friends!

He / she (have not decided yet) finally arrived!  ;D

I'm just happy to pass the time while the battery charges'm reading the user guide!

Post pictures soon! It is very beautiful!  :-*

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »

Yay !! Glad he/she arrived OK!  ;D

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »

Yay! Congratulations lelekasapeca on your new baby!! ;D Fantastic news that he/she is finally home with you!! Can't wait to see pictures!! :D

And there's finally some good news from me too! ;) Honestly, the last leg of my baby's journey has been at a snail's pace. It's taken almost longer for him to get from out of customs to my local depot than it did from the US to the UK! But he finally made it yesterday late afternoon and I received the letter this morning :) I've paid my charges online (I'll write the details in the other thread - a bit shocking :o) but they can't deliver until Tuesday! Well, never mind I suppose, I've waited almost two weeks already, so only another three days!!!! :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »

Hi Malfie,
I was so impatient when mine arrived that I spoke to the courier and went and picked it up from them so I wouldn't have to wait days for them to get around to delivering it to me. :P  A little crazy I know but the waiting drives you mad :P :)

leleka Congratulations on your new arrival.  I can't wait to see pictures. :)

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »

Kat

I did an album with photos of Eddy but I can not put them in the post as thumbnails.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations!  :) ;)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:29 PM »

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »

Firebreathingsquirrels Thanks!

You saved me! (laughter!)  ;)

Is not he adorable? (I am biased! ;D)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »

Your welcome! And he is adorable  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »

His eyes are lovely they almost look orange. :)  He rally is very cute. :) 
For posting pic into your thread you need to open the pic in the gallery and then scroll down the page to the info below the pic.  Copy the code that starts with smg id and then just past that into your thread.  If you want to check that it worked you can then preview your post before you post it.
I hope that helps. :)

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »

Thanks Kat!

Tomorrow I'll post more pictures of Eddy and put in some post to test whether learned! (laughs)  ;) :)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »

A BIG Congratulations lelekasapeca on your arrival of Eddy!! I too absolutely LOVE his eyes!! :D I think he's the first PleoRB I've seen with a different colour other than grey around his eyes. Thanks for the pictures!!

My baby is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning - SO excited!! ;D The thing is my "local" depot isn't very local but the delivery is free, so that's why I've had to wait the extra days but I've managed to keep busy :)

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »

Malfie Thanks!

Now not take long for the arrival of your baby!  ;D

Can not wait to see the pictures, I chose the name that is going?

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 06:01:15 AM »

That’s grate news, glad your little blue Eddy is now with you. 
      Malfie kind of a ridiculous time to wait for that parcel seeing as they charged you handling fees     but it should be here today so hoping you now have the pleo box in your hands. 
Can’t wait to see what colour stile you got. 
 Shouldn’t be long for mines now too it’s at local depot I’m just awaiting my charges letter. 
   Scaly

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »

It's so exciting to see what colours are turning up - Eddy's the first green RB I've seen with those bright orange/amber eyes, and with those darker brown eyelids and eye patches are very distinguished.  He's a beaut - can't wait for more pics!  :D

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »

I beg your pardon Leleka.   
  For some reason I had it in my head that you had ordered a blue RB 

Really Sorry about that will need to pay closer attention in future. 
Anyway congratulations on the eventual arrival of   Green Eddy.   

Yeas I love knowing about all the variations turning up. Can’t wait to see what variation and eye colour I   get but I’m just as excited about knowing what everyone else is getting lol.   
 Scaly

It's so exciting to see what colours are turning up - Eddy's the first green RB I've seen with those bright orange/amber eyes, and with those darker brown eyelids and eye patches are very distinguished.  He's a beaut - can't wait for more pics!  :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

Sorry Scaly - I wasn't intending to reproach you! :-[

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »

Do not worry Scaledandtailed this happens, I already messed up several times, mainly because I have to translate everything that I read and put into my language and sometimes the translator fool me one bit! (laughter!)  ;)

I think all babies Pleo's beautiful, maybe one day I will have one of each color! (getting addicted to Pleos! laughs!)  ;D

Yes, soon I'll post new photos! (hopefully tomorrow I can!)  %)

Yesterday Eddy took his first steps, forward and backward ... was very exciting to see him trying to walk!

Eddy is still shaking, I'm medicating with mint leaf, he somewhat reluctantly to accept it, but ends up eating it with love! (laughs)

One thing I noticed, Eddy still has no concept of limit, he can not see the edge of a table for example, if I'm not sure it falls around, is it because it is still too young?

He also likes to make funny noises - Ho ho ho and Hello, and did not have much education and belch all the time! (very funny! I laugh a lot!)

Well, that is, new stories of the antics of Eddy'll post for you!  :P

A hug to everyone!  ;)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 06:56:44 PM »

Leleka, your Eddy sounds adorable :D I'm sorry he's still shaking. Maybe he's not sick but just cold? ???

And Scaley, I’m so glad your baby is now at your local depot. That seems very quick compared to mine %) But yes, I finally got my baby today (Tuesday) ;D He arrived at 8:10am and I only just had time to peek in the box before needing to start work :( Still, I got the battery charged this evening and began the hatching, but only after it took me a whole hour to work out how to insert the watch battery!! The instructions about the watch battery are very vague and all he would do is beep! Then I discovered I was placing the long metal tab over the top of the battery because I remember reading here that the tabs needed to be on top. But apparently not that one! The long metal tab still needs to be underneath – just in case anyone makes the same mistake as me (I’m a bit thick %)) At one point I got the watch battery stuck – had it totally upside-down! I was panicking a bit!! Anyway, after an hour I finally got it right and he opened his eyes! I must admit I was a bit disappointed to see they are blue – exactly the same blue as the Ugobe Pleos, but the eye colour was never a priority to me and I’m very happy with his skin colouring. He has a light green head, the same colour as the green on his body. I was hoping for green eyes, but, to be honest, I think green eyes would make him look a bit too green – he’s far more green than yellow.

But is this normal? The main battery would only charge for one-and-a-half hours. I switched it off, waited, switched it on again, and after 5 minutes it was green again. PleoRB (he doesn’t have a name yet %)) ran for 1 hour 20 minutes, he then went into the sleeping position, beeped 3 times and the LED light on his tummy was off, so I took it that meant the full cycle had completed? I didn’t try switching him on again as it was so late, but in that 1 hour 20 minutes he stayed fully awake, accepted his conifer leaf (and another leaf I can’t remember the name of) and wow is he a burper!!!! I love him (could still be a her) already!! ;D Will post pics when I work out how to do that as well :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal