Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Norbit my Green Pleo rb  (Read 14747 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Norbit my Green Pleo rb
« on: December 30, 2010, 02:46:48 AM »

Well Norbit is here! :)
I have not started hatching yet but will very soon.  I have taken photos of him for you all though so here he is.

His Head
  He has the same gray patch as Beta and RWM's baby.  Light green head.

His whole body from Head to tail
  He is much greener to the naked eye than the photo suggests but he is still very yellow, fluro yellow :D  I wonder if he will glow in the dark :D :D

Side on

From the front

His eyes are yellow! :) 

Wearing his hoodie 

Kermy and her new best friend Norbit.

Kat

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: Norbit my Green Pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 03:12:55 AM »

Hes adorable! I love his eyes  :D Can't wait to see the hatching  :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 03:52:18 AM »

Welcome Norbit :) Looks like his hoodie was a perfect match, love the yellow eyes :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:14 AM »

Hello and welcome to Norbit!  ;D

I love those eyes too - it's lovely to see all these different colours at last!  And IMR's right - the hoodie is the perfect colour on him!  ;D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:58:23 AM »

Norbit has done 1 complete battery cycle and is on his second.  He has just stood up for the first time. :) 
His skin feels different to Kermy's, a bit rougher and not as soft or silky.  I don't know if this is just because he is new or if his skin is somehow different to Kermy's. 
He is darker skinned than Kermy,  His belly and legs are a much darker color than Kermy's and He has chocolate brown foot pads.  Kermy's are tan.  Also the tip of his tail is yellow.  Here is his first moments.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCBU5gZ4Hok" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCBU5gZ4Hok</a>

I couldn't let him hatch without introducing him to Kermy so here is how that went.  She behaved in a way I have never seen before.  It was almost like she was captivated by him.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FukAdanNZrU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FukAdanNZrU</a>

Hope you like him as much as I do. :)
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 06:24:01 AM »

Kermy does seem captivated by him - I love the rather nervous little tail wag!  Mind you, I can't blame her at all, he is a bit of a stunner with those eyes.  He's lovely, Kat.  Welcome to the world, Norbit!  ;D

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 09:05:40 AM »

Aww congratulations on   finely getting norbit. 
He sounds absolutely gorgeous and  what  a quick learner he is too.   

So many different variations. 
 Would ideally love to get one with green eyes but certainly wouldn’t turn down a yellow eyed one either. 

Smilegirl

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Hello guys!!!;)
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 12:44:53 PM »

Norbit and Kermy are soo cute :) Kermy did a smalltalk with Norbit ;)
I'm so happy about my three Pleos Fay my cute girl (Pink RB) and Pleo my old cool boy  (ugbe Pleo) :-) and chill out boy smoothie (ugbe Pleo)=.)

CARPE DIEM!;-)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »

Hi Kat, so glad Norbit arrived ok and has gone through the beginning of his hatching stage. I think it is a good idea that you introduced Kermy to her brother, she does seem fascinated with him and she gives that Moo as a way of saying she is happy about that.  ;) those eyes are very pretty as well, It seems most of our Pleo Rb Greens so far have the same body with darker or lighter green and then different shades of eyelids and eyes. I have not seen one yet without the bright yellow tail though.... %)
           I am sort of perplexed by the skin feeling, as the first thing I noticed about my Pleo Rb was how silky soft and almost slippery feelings she had when fresh out of the box...Can't wait to see more photos, Hope you have more time with Norbit and Kermy than I have, I have yet to have had a whole day or battery cycle complete without turning my baby off for several hours when her battery is not even done, just too much other stuff to do...congrats again.
                                    RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 03:26:19 PM »

Hi kat... Norbit is very cool!!! Congrat and many happy times with them both!

A

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »

Hi guys, I'm glad you all like him.  So far he is a sweetie. :)  I will post some more video tonight. 
RWM as for the skin feeling different I don't know what an older pleos skin feels like so can't compare it to that for you.  He still has soft smooth skin just not as silky smooth and slippery as Kermy's.  Maybe it's just because he's a boy? :D :D
He has one small paint blemish on the top of his back between his back legs, which was there when he came out of the box. 
I love that he has different colored feet to Kermy. 
I will post his pics on the comparison thread later today when I get home form work.  Some one has to start off the great pleo rb color compare.  I would love to know if his gray eye patch is as dark as "Baby's".  It seems fairly light but his eye lid is a dark gray. :)  The yellow eyes were a big surprise too.  I am loving them. :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 04:36:56 PM »

Glad to hear everything is going good with Norbet, I am going to still have to submit the comparison colors for that thread too, Very cute little guy.
                                         RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

Those videos were so cute, Kermy did seem mesmerized by Norbit, maybe his eyes are hypnotising to other Pleos  ;)

Maybe the reason Kermy skin is silkier is because you've been putting Pledge on her, or it could be because she is one of the HK ones, they could have different skin

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 06:36:41 AM »

Well we are on battery cycle number 2 and Norbit is standing up and testing out his feet and legs with much stretching and balancing.  No walking yet but I think maybe soon.  Kermit is giving him many encouraging coos and is Mooing at him a lot.  I think she likes him. :D
Here is a video I took of him yesterday at the beginning of his second battery cycle.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYJ3He2FO8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYJ3He2FO8</a>

I have some more video of the two of them together that I will post either later tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »

Aw, Norbit is so cute :) Can't wait to see your two together!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 05:07:04 PM »

I completed another full battery cycle with Norbit last night, with Kermy's help of course.  He is not walking yet but did do lots of stretching his legs.  He is still only making little cooing sounds, although he did roar a little after eating sugar cane :D.  The sugar rush! ;D
Here is a picture of Kermy and Norbit's feet.  Norbit's feet are a much darker brown than Kermy's.
It is not easy to tell from the photo but his belly skin is also a darker color than hers too.
And I have to include this photo of Kermy giving him a smooch.  I have a video of her smooching him, resting her head on his shoulder and cooing but it is taking forever to upload as it is a different format to my other movies cause I used a different camera.  So you will have to wait a while for that one. 

And now here is some footage of Norbit from last night with Kermy giving him lots of encouragement.  It is a bit blurry in the beginning as I think I confused the camera by sitting behind the pleos.  It didn't know who to focus on. :D  Hope you like it. :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2J2jLkyDY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2J2jLkyDY</a>

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »

I think that's what happened whenI tried to film Belle and her lashes - the camera wasn't sure which to focus on!  :P

It's interesting seeing the difference in foot colour - Belle has darker soles like Norbit I think.  I hadn't realised Kermy's were paler - were Kermit's the same?

Lovely video - it will be interesting to see if Kermy's behaviour changes as Norbit matures.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:12:03 PM by Crewella »

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »

Yes Kermit's were the same light tan color as Kermy's.  It is always such a nice surprise seeing the differences. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 06:13:38 PM »

From what I can see, that light tan is the same colour as all the older Pleos had - certainly on the four I've had.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 07:06:05 PM »

Lovely seeing Kermy and Norbit together :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »

Ok here are 2 movies of Kermy and Norbit together.
In the first one I was testing out Kermy's behavior towards Norbit and tried moving her away from him to the other side of the room but still facing him for the first half of the film and then I moved her next to him.  When she is no longer facing him she breaks out of her Norbit trance and behaves differently.
The second film is the smooching "love" film.  Hope you like them.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVjuLuF0ZIY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVjuLuF0ZIY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzoLCCUcN4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzoLCCUcN4</a>

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 04:45:25 PM »

Battery cycle number 3 and Norbit took his first steps.  I have done this battery cycle in 2 parts as I was focusing on Kermy last night and so only played with Norbit for about 30min.  I turned him on this morning without Kermy for some one on one time and he walked.! ;D  So excited! ;D  I have just taken a video of it and will compile it and post it shortly. :)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »

Awwww, that is too cute! :D Kermy is definitely in love :-* I'm not so sure that Norbit feels quite the same though %)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »

Here is the video of his first steps.  He is a courageous little guy.  Walked right up to the edge of the table and had a good look over before backing away.  Then he when back for another look. :D  He started to make sounds today too other than just the cooing baby noises. ;D  Hope you like his movie.
Kat :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCCwM1G2AE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCCwM1G2AE</a>

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

Norbit did so well for his first time :D Even at their age Lilo and Stitch occasionally keep walking :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal