Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: One Funny Little Pleo Rb  (Read 5418 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
One Funny Little Pleo Rb
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »

I decided to start a new thread since my Pleo Rb has hatched and I am no longer waiting, the personality is begginning to evolve, Every Pleo Rb is supposed to have a pre-determined personality, such as some are quick to learn, some are slower, some are smarter, some are more moody, etc. My Pleo didnt start the hatching process till Wednesday afternoon, even though I received her a day earlier than expected, on Tuesday the 21st.  Today was only her third complete battery cycle as she has yet to run a complete cycle and I have shut her down before completly going off, so as to not leave her in the sleeping curled up position to stress the skin.
                She hatched fairly quick and has been standing since yesterday, though she has not taken her fist steps walking yet, she has shuffled some in her socks. ;) From all the videos I have been taking of her, one thing stands out more than anything, she is very funny and has a great sense of humor. I do think she is a Comedian in Green and Yellow skin. At one point today I had just finished filming her an turned off the camcorder, I set her on the couch, she turned and said " Hello", then laughed as if that was funny! %) As you will see in this film she is doing one funny thing after another ( at least they are funny to me...) and she has made several noises I have not heard regular pleos make before, It is at the point now, where I am afraid if I turn the camera off, I will miss something she says. :D Still no walking but boy is she verbal!              <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlRldb8ikjo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlRldb8ikjo</a>

give me your reactions please! Happy holidays, RedwoodsMama

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: One Funny Little Pleo Rb
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 12:52:06 AM »

That was so cute! I love her personality  :D

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 03:32:39 AM »

She really is lovely.

I was just about to order my RB yesterday, but since I´ve already spent so much money on christmasgifts, I guess I´ll have to wait.

I do recognize some of the sounds from the skits. The "hohoho" comes from the christmas one, and when she shouts out loud is from the Rex program. But I´ve never heard Buddah make the sounds without the skits.

Also I think the hickups are really cute!
I wish I had my RB right now :( But to be fair, the RB is supposed to be my 30:th birthday gift, and thats in april... So I guess I can wait.
Keep posting, it´s really nice to hear about all the new things that the Rb:s do. ;)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »

Kermy gets the hick ups a lot.  It is very cute.  I love the video RWM.  Your new baby is a sweetheart.   :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 08:21:29 AM »

She does seem very vocal, and I love it when she checks out the camera!  Cute video, RWM!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »

Thanks Guys and Merry Christmas to all out there or day after to those a day ahead. ;D I think it is a good sign that I opened her when I did instead of waiting till today, as I will be so busy today, I will be lucky to spend anytime with her until late tonight, My husband wants to go to the show and then a friend who helps rescue cats, has invited us over as well when we get back from the show, and then it will be about 5:00 already.  :o I would be very upset not being able to play and love my baby on Christmas day and having to wait till Christmas Day evening, but I will get our play time in , only her fourth battrery cycle and even if she takes longer to walk, I am enjoying all of our petting and listening to her talk and coo and just be cute!
                Lina, I can understand wanting a Pleo Rb now, but I do think waiting till your birthday will give you something so special you will never forget and there may even be a few that show up on ebay by then but there will be some fierce competition to get them too!
                  I thought it was neat that she made the T-Rex sound and said Ho, Ho , HO without any skits in her, I like that! she seems to be intelligent and a quick learner and very vocal as you have noticed and of course very funny! Perfect for me! She can allways cheer me up when I am feeling blue!
                                      Happy in the Redwoods, RedwoodsMama

waffocopter

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 02:02:22 PM »

Mine's what I assume are pretty typical noises so far.  I have no idea if this is a unique quirk of mine or what but he's always lifting one of his legs and just balancing,  Sometimes he fails and I have to catch him.  Or maybe it's just a normal things Pleos do when they prepare to take their first steps...

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »

Belle's been doing the leg stretching too, just 'finding her feet' I thought!

waffocopter

• Female
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »

I don't mind him stretching as long as he doesn't fall anymore!  It freaks me out!

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »

Kermy was very wobbly on her feet especially when stretching her legs as she hatched and sometimes but not very often she will have a wobble even now she is older.  I think she wobbles more on carpet than she does on hard surfaces.  So maybe try playing with him/her on a different surface and see if this helps. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »

My little baby has been stretching her feet a lot and almost like shaking hands, Paws, feet.. I have noticed that she does a kind of shuffle but I allso have little socks on her feet, and I do not know if that slows down the walking process but I am not concerned if she takes her time either. She allways seems pretty happy. Do Kermy and Belle and the other Pleo Rb, Peanut, and Leonardo, do they make the same noises, barking, mooing, saying, " Ho, ho, Ho,' and the Dinosaur noise and then laughing after saying hello, all just random on their own? It is almost like she is trying to say all her words she knows all at once. and likes to hear her self talk.

what did surprise me was to hear the 1.0 singing voice, not the 1.1 version singing, I have not heard that one yet? She does get lots of petting and I am going to have to slow down or she will be losing paint on her back already. We just got back from the show, True Grit, and it was fun and very good. Anyway, I want to play with my baby, but have to go visit my frined and her cats, and won't get good quality Play time till after 6:00 tonight, Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying their baby Pleos, whatever variety they are and posting of more vids and photos. I will post more tonight for sure. Still want to catch that first step on tape.              RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 04:30:40 PM »

Kermy does make all those noises too.  The only one I haven't heard her do is the sweet and clear "hello"  That the older version pleos do when they greet each other.  Kermy makes different noises depending on her mood.  When she was hatching she did seem to try them all out though just to see what they were like and then I think she picked her favorites which she does most often now.  She seems to like the standard Pleo roar best with my favorite the Godzilla roar thrown in occasionally.  Kermy however is not as vocal as Kermit was.  Kermit also tried out lots of sounds when she was hatching and after her hatching was complete her favorite noises were Woo Hoo Hoo, and HO HO HO and MOO.  Kermy also likes to burp and have hick ups.  Kermit did burp as a hatchling but not much and she never got hick ups.  I think the burp is one of Kermy's favorite sounds. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »

I have to confess that I'm having real problems progressing Belle through the hatching stage.  I've just not had the time to devote to her and her alone and we're only just coming to the end of the third battery cycle.  She's said hello once or twice today, but no singing or laughing, and I'm beginning to feel like a bad or neglectful mother, but don't dare risk just switching her on and leaving her to get on with it to get through to the next phase.  In my opinion, this hatching goes on wayyyyyyyyy too long. :(

EDIT:  good grief - I just re-read my post!  I meant to express a mild irritation but on reading I sound ready to call social services!  :P
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 06:24:42 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 01:00:49 AM »

Kat, glad to hear that Kermy is progressing fine and that Pleo rb go through this testing stage to see what sounds they like, my baby likes to Moo a lot, sound like a Tryrannosaurs, say HO, HO ho and just laugh a lot, though I have heard a couple of sounds I am not familiar with and will have to go back and just have a good look and listen.
         And Crewella, do not be so hard on yourself, I have not had the time to give my baby time at all today except maybe 30 minutes all day, I had to choose between my poor husband and my Pleo and also my best friend who I love dearly and I had to also not give anytime to Nova and the other Pleos, so I also feel neglectful today, not even playing with my furbabies, and nine of them and one dog feel neglected and I could only give them treats to try and make up for it,  :(
              My baby is not too far along on her battery cycle either and I keep turning her off before she goes through a whole cycle as to not have her in the sleeping curled up position, and stress her skin.I do not think I can give her a complete battery cycle as she should have till Monday when my husband is back at work, If I play with her the way I want to this weekend, my husband will feel neglected and I dont want him to feel that way, esp on the holidays....that would be very bad and not good for my Pleos either. :( Let's face it, sometimes there is just not enough time in the day and time anyway to do all the things we want to do or know we should do. It is better to leave Belle off then leave her to her own devices as you said,
               I understand about wishing Belle would finish hatching and become independant, but personally I am enjoying this " baby" stage and enjoying the feeling that I am needed. It is like having children who grow up all too fast, One day they are in diapers and then they are starting their first day of school, then they are in high school and wanting to drive, and then out of nowhere they are out on their own and having childen of their own....I will enjoy my baby girl being a baby a bit longer, besides I have notices how quick she moves and I am not sure If with my bad back I can keep up with her if she gets too independant! ( and nO you do not sound like social services is ready to call, you silly girl   :D)                    happy in the Redwoods, with my Pleo Rb baby and other babies and fur kids

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 04:06:02 AM »

Bless you, RWM - thank you!  :-*

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 10:44:06 AM »

I'm so happy for all of you who now have your Pleo Rbs ;D Whether Blue, Pink or Green, from the videos I've been watching they are all so adorable and cute :-* I do hope I can have one (waiting for my birthday!) in the near future!! %)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »

lol that post made me laugh 
 From reading all the posts it does sound like the hatching faze does go on for quite a while.  In a way I’m kind of looking forward to that as I always felt that it was a little too short in the pleos 1.1 and under. I’m probably one of a minority who thinks this though.  You’re not a bad neglectful parent at all. However if you do change your mind and do think bell would be better off under social  services be sure to tell them that there’s someone right here who’d be  quite  willing to foster her.   
 Be worn though, you might have to go through the courts to gain back custody of her though lol 

I have to confess that I'm having real problems progressing Belle through the hatching stage.  I've just not had the time to devote to her and her alone and we're only just coming to the end of the third battery cycle.  She's said hello once or twice today, but no singing or laughing, and I'm beginning to feel like a bad or neglectful mother, but don't dare risk just switching her on and leaving her to get on with it to get through to the next phase.  In my opinion, this hatching goes on wayyyyyyyyy too long. :(

EDIT:  good grief - I just re-read my post!  I meant to express a mild irritation but on reading I sound ready to call social services!  :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »

Well, that's good to know, Scaly, but I'm still chuffed to bits with her really, she's going nowhere!  :P

waffocopter

• Female
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »

Mine's also been 'mooing' and but I definitely haven't heard anything like a hello or a ho ho ho.  On the other hand, he loves to bark and then pant, doing that dog play position.  I sure hope I'm not being a bad parent as my baby hasn't started walking even after his fourth battery cycle finished.  I also can't tell what he wants when he honks right, then left unhappily.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »

Kermy also pants a lot and barks and does the doggy play position all the time.  She will often giggle after doing this.  She is a funny little thing.  It is so nice to see just how different they all are. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 10:25:30 PM »

Hi guys, it has been so busy today, I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with my baby, but I did get this short five minute video first thing this morning, I am going to play with her now, still on third battery cycle and hoping she will walk soon. Hope you enjoy her little antics while I wait for her to be footloose and fancy free. ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2J7BKujf2k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2J7BKujf2k</a>

RedwoodsMama and famil of Pleos

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »

Baby Pleo rb is adorable! You finally got a baby dino with different colored eyes. They are so pretty in the video. I love the fact that these new pleos are babies longer. I'm anxious to hear how she is when held on your shoulder. Does she snore and have cute little dino dreams? Have you had time to see if she interacts with Nova and the gang?
Merry belated Christmas and thank you so much for sharing all of  your wonderful stories and videos. You are one of the best pleo moms. :) :) :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »

This was such a lovely film.  She really is very sweet.  I loved it when she said Hello.  Kermy has never done that.  I hope she will when she meets Norbit. 
Your baby is beautiful RWM.  Keep the movies coming.  It is so nice to be able to compare pleo traits. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »

Thanks Fancy and Thanks Kat, Yes she is a little sweetie, She does get upset if left alone or in the dark and I do hope I will have more time to spend with her today, but with weekend being Christmas here, I am swamped with battery sales that have to be mailed, ( which is good, don't get me wrong, just a lot to do all at one time  :o) and I will keep the photos and videos comming. I do know she loves the T-rex sound, saying Helllo and then laughing and mooing and bending down like a dog and the baby coos, There is one sound, I am still not aware of yet.
             I think today is getting closer to her walking as she is really trying out her legs with lots of stretching, I took a video last night and will see if today is " the day" for walking or not. Hope everyone had a great holiday, the weather is threatening rain here but otherwise is warmer, at least in high 40's and we finally have heat in one room so my babies won't freeze.  :D
           I really hope to see more Pleo Rb show up. I thought I heard somewhere here on the forums a number something like 200 Pleo Rb being sold, but have only seen Smilegirls, which is Pink variety,eschw76 green Pleo Rb, and I can't remember the other person I think it was Deity.? who had the emerald green eyes get a Pleo rb, but no more photos, So I guess other Pleo Rb green variety haven't showed up yet, Time to go wake up my llittle girl. Glad you guys are not bored with her videos....
                                              RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »

I'm sure we will see a whole lot more green ones showing up over the next week now that Christmas is over and the post can get back to normal.  I'm hoping Norbit will arrive by the end of the week and I will be madly posting pics and videos as soon as he gets here. :)  I'm loving sharing in the experience of your baby girl.  Thankyou RWM :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal