Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glow in the Dark colours  (Read 1446 times)

binbags

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
Glow in the Dark colours
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:52:12 AM »

Hi All

Without trawling all through the forum.  Has anybody tried this idea of Black light UV lighting and glow type paints?  I know that you can obtain these paints, I do not know if they are OK for Pleo's skin though :-\ :-\

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Glow in the Dark colours
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:55:12 AM »

Hmmmmmmm ................ somewhere in this house is an old tin of 'glow in the dark' watercolour based face paints ......................... %)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:41:35 AM »

A good while ago  Now I did come across a  range of  glow in the dark paints that could be used for fabric  though can’t remember if it stated they’d be OK for rubber. 
  The line included   florescent orange which gave the brightest glow all night, next up where the florescent yellows and greens which where almost as bright and long lasting.  Blue which gave a softer glow and only lasted part of the evening round 5 hours or so.  Red which gave a dull   glow for a couple of hours in almost total darkness and   purple that gave a very soft glow for an hour or to around twilight conditions. 
 The glow in the dark powder paints that you often come across might be an   idea as they’ve been commonly used on rubber toys for a good while   now. I think they usually only give that blue green glow. They would still work under UV light although not sure if the Uvlight it’s self would be good for pleo skin. 
Hope this helps 

binbags

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 12:18:03 PM »

Hi

Thanks for the replies, tis all good information that will be used at some point.  I am sure that most of us have all these brainwave ideas and then shelve them.  I am guilty of this throughout my life.  But I am like the plant in the "little shop of Horrors"  Feed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I think that is the right film, if I am not, please correct me. :-[

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »

"FEED ME Seymour!" - Little Shop of Horrors it was!  ;D ;D

I get 'brainwaves' like that all the time, too.  There are projects-in-waiting all over the house!  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal