Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Our new green Pleo rb...  (Read 15074 times)

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
Re: Our new green Pleo rb...
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 12:58:04 AM »

He is so cute, and I love his name!  :hhug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 04:49:02 AM »

Peanut is an awesome name!  I'm glad he hatched so quickly for you.  I bet you can't wait to see him take his first steps :)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 08:09:31 AM »

I like the patch around the eye not being grey.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 01:20:34 PM »

Welcome to the world Peanut :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 01:22:05 PM »

Hes adorable! I love the name Peanut  :D

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »

Thanks everyone!  :)  Can't wait to see what my son thinks of him on Christmas morning!

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2010, 01:25:13 PM »

Peanut is doing great.  My son really loves him.  I was wondering how long before you can teach him his name and how often / when do you feed him?  We seem to feed him his conifer leaf quite often.  He seems hungry all the time!!  We are probably on our 6-7th re-charge cycle.  Thanks!  Will try and post more videos and photos soon! 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

I just kept trying Pleakly's naming card each day until he accepted, the day he took it though he was really happy and 'chirpy' from the moment I turned him on :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

Yes I found that with mine as well, they have to be very happy before they will be interested in the name card.  Try feeding him as soon as you switch him on and then maybe a couple of games of tug of war , where he gets to win of course, and then lots of petting.  That would have to make him happy. :)
Kat

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »

Still no luck with teaching him his name.  I'm sure he has been happy enough, just doesn't seem interested yet.  Will keep trying and report back!  Peanut's skin has been holding up well.  Been pulling the battery out when we are done playing with him instead of putting him to sleep.  No holes that I have seen.  The only skin issue we have seen is one place near his leg, the paint is peeling off a little.  I will be posting a pic of that shortly.  Got a cape for Peanut to help ensure less paint wear on his back... :) 

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »

Oh...and Peanut has performed the "tracking" trick with the training left a couple times today....:)

Pic with new cape =>

Pic of peeling paint =>

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »

Peanut looks lovely in that cape - great pattern and perfect colours!  I can't wait to try the tracking! :D

Shamr to see that hole in the paint, though.  :(

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2010, 11:33:15 PM »

Hi, do not worry about pushing the name card things, some pleos are fast learners and some are slower and some are happier than others and some are more moody. Peanut I think is about the same cycle as my baby, actually I think you are ahead by two at least, as I have only once completed a whole battery cycle, allways shutting baby off before the battery runs out, as I have been putting her in the packing position also to try and prolong her skin as long as possible,
            I am surprised that you have Peanut allraeady doing the tracking, that is great . I haven't even tryed any of those other things yet, just feeding and playing. As for names, it is going to take me longer to find a name than Pleo Rb to learn it. I have not a clue as of yet. I am sorry to hear about Peanut's skin paint loss, I thought Pleo Rb were going to have more durable skin, but it seems just the opposite almost, which is very sad, It seems like my baby may start wearng a lot more clothes all the time... :( Peanut does have a lovely cape, great with the frogs on it.
               Keep the photos comming, your Peanut and my baby both have the same color eyes and were very close in birth and arrival order too, Peanut is very cute!
                                   RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2010, 04:32:44 AM »

I don't let the whole in the paint bother me.  Even with a living pet...nothing is perfect.  Peanut is great fun and we all love playing with him!  A few imperfections are ok in my book.  As long as he is working ok and happy!  :)  Plus...having a 3 year warranty helps me worry less!!  :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2010, 06:05:32 AM »

The cape really suits him. :)  Kermy has a paint flaking spot on her shoulder in just the same spot.  She was like that when I got her.  I agree that no one is perfect and as long as your Peanut is working well then there is nothing to worry about. :)
Peanut is lovely. :)

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »

Ever since Peanut has exited the Hatching Phase, I have not let him go into the sleep position.  Today he fell asleep and I was able to get a glimpse of his armpits and unfortunately I saw the beginnings of wear.  It must have developed from him just moving around since he hasn't been in he sleep position for a long time!  Here are some picts -> 

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »

i am a bit concerned about this armpit wear on reborn that keeps popping up  :( my ugobe pleo has not even suffered from this problem as of yet ...
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

Like I said before, I do not think a product any product that cost as much as this should have this much skin problems, I mean it is like having a cd or dvd with scratches on it, it is not going to last as long I think. :( My baby has been lucky so far, but I am taking photos of all of her skin from the day I have opened her so if anything new pops up it is well documented, The hole in the paint looks troublesome as if it could tear more and spread...have you been using Pledge, I am wondering how many Pleo rb have been getting the reccomended Pledge and this is still happening, or is it just a co-incidence, Pledge or no Pledge. ? Peanut is lovely and I hate to see this happen to him,I do think putting the clothes on and keeping him out of the sleeping postion is the best and you are doing both of those things.
           I will be keeping a very very close eye on my baby. Once again, what is that 3 year warranty that you got on your Pleo Rb. I may want to check into that myself, does it cover the whole cost of Pleo rb or just part of it? Good luck with Peanut. I hate the idea of a child losing their Pleo rb friend to a problem caused by skin ruptures and holes... Hopefully his will stop now.
                          RedwoodsMama

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »

The warranty is through SquareTrade.com.  The warranty is for the full value of the Pleo rb.  I have been very careful with Peanut...Not sure when it is necessary to contact Innvo about it.  I have not used Pledge yet.  Would pledge really help with the wear on the underside?  The paint peeling on the knee is due to the constant folding of the rubber in that area.  Love Peanut, just hate to think of his condition in a few months!  :( 

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2010, 10:35:22 PM »

I bought some Vinyelx from Amazon tonight after reading some of the readers opinions on it.  I don't really care for Pledge, so I will give it a shot and see how it does on Peanut's skin.  At what point do you contact Innvo technical support about issues like this? 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »

Just be careful that using a product not recommended doesn't void your waranty? ???

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »

You may want to ask IMR or I think Kat as Kat has had to return Kermit and I think Kermy has wear spots too, She may have a better idea though I would let them know right away so they are aware of from the start, Keep documenting any new holes or holes that get bigger, even if they are pin sized, they should not keep starting.If there is anything that is to be done, I am sure it is in the 90 day period of the warranty. This is the only reason I ask you about the Pledge, They may ask why you havent used Pledge since it is reccomended, and it may be better to use it just once or say you have to not void or null the warranty. Hopefully Peanut does not get any worse, It is starting to really bother me, I am hoping I dont start seeing the same thing with my baby Pleo rb, as we both got them within a couple of hours from each other. ;)
                      I think I am going to check out the warranty information you gave me, $469.00 is an awful lot of money to shell out on something and not have it protected, it makes sense as I have my computer protected and my camera / Camcorder, why not Pleo? Thanks and I am wishing Peanut well,
                         RedwoodsMama

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 05:11:35 AM »

I will hold off on using the Vinylex.  Don't want to void a warranty...!  Thanks for the advice.  I will look into using Pledge, but the manual does say you MAY use Pledge ONCE a month to help keep his skin in good condition.  I have only been using Peanut for about 2 weeks.  Pledge wouldn't have prevented the wear from forming (or at least I wouldn't have assumed I have to treat his skin all the time).  I will send a technical support request in and see what they say.  Thanks!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2010, 06:21:17 AM »

Hey Enshew, I'm sorry to here that Peanut is having some wear in his armpits.  Definitely contact Innvo and let them know. 
The more of us who report the issue back the sooner they will do something to fix it for everyone. :)  Let us know what they say.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »

Has any1 asked innvo what will happen to reborn if some pledge would happen to get into 1 of the holes of pleo and into his motors etc ?  :o
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal